Betcha didn't know this had a theatrical release and that it had a theme song with vocals :crazy2:
So the main take away from this is if you fall asleep for 500 years you get an endless supply of hot chicks when you wake up.
Quote from: W8taminute on December 28, 2016, 08:49:59 PM
So the main take away from this is if you fall asleep for 500 years you get an endless supply of hot chicks when you wake up.
That was my read of it as well.
Quote from: mirth on December 28, 2016, 08:10:19 PM
Betcha didn't know this had a theatrical release and that it had a theme song with vocals :crazy2:
Nor only did I know this, Dad took me (at least, maybe also bro) to see it in the theater -- one of the last things we saw in that theater before it went out of business.
Also, when the 'film' was reshown as episodes in syndication, they would play the version of the theme song with the lyrics. I can even sort-of recall the chorus: "Who am I, where am I, what will I find? Is this all real, or just all in my miiinnnd?" (Now to check how close I was.)
Ha, pretty close!
Also, Tim O'Connell goes through a pretty serious... um... change between the credits and his next appearance on screen! :2funny:
A little more seriously, I always kind of wished Gil Gerard and Lee Majors would work together on a project, playing brothers maybe -- they both learned to be surprisingly good natural actors, although Majors took a bit longer (three movies and several TV eps) to get into gear.
I remember going to see it in the theatre as well.
This movie and also the original Battlestar Galactica movie which was in theatres before it premiered on ABC. Saw BSG twice in fact!
I knew the original BSG had a theatrical release, but I don't think we saw it. Not sure why; we had already seen Star Wars.