GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on December 29, 2016, 09:21:09 AM

Title: WW2 alternative to panzer corps
Post by: gameleaper on December 29, 2016, 09:21:09 AM
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rorkes-drift

turn-based hex wargame, based on an older engine, but updated for better unit display, its only for windows at the moment. its free
Title: Re: Rorkes Drift
Post by: bbmike on December 29, 2016, 09:29:25 AM
Cool! After a quick look my only issue was selecting units. Can you zoom in and out any? Otherwise, your games are showing much more polish now.  O0

Oh, and...ahem.... http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18527.0 (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18527.0)
Title: Re: Rorkes Drift
Post by: gameleaper on December 29, 2016, 09:57:58 AM
I have this second fixed the selection error(check new version), it was a display error that made selecting difficult, but the graphic units are bigger than the hex now, so you must click the centre

on the large map version, there is a Map icon far right , you can click it to jump to a location , or see where all the units are, its just simple overview, but the single screen version needs no zoom.

thanks for trying bb, happy Xmas
Title: Re: Rorkes Drift
Post by: gameleaper on December 29, 2016, 04:11:53 PM
Ive added an ACW module I have changed ranges from melee to musket for units, and added a hotseat version to allow both sides to be played.

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rorkes-drift
Title: Re: Rorkes Drift
Post by: gameleaper on December 30, 2016, 03:44:40 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 29, 2016, 09:29:25 AM
Cool! After a quick look my only issue was selecting units. Can you zoom in and out any? Otherwise, your games are showing much more polish now.  O0

Oh, and...ahem.... http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18527.0 (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18527.0)

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rorkes-drift

thankyou bb, Ive made the selected units lightup now, much better, thankyou for your help with this
Title: Re: WW2 update
Post by: gameleaper on January 01, 2017, 02:42:26 PM
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rorkes-drift

Ive done a realy good WW2 module, I modified the engine for better graphics and units.
Title: Re: WW2 alternative to panzer corps
Post by: gameleaper on January 01, 2017, 05:53:51 PM
I believe I have stumbled upon a new wargame techneque , have bigger units than the hexes, this allows a bigger map on screen but still have a good size unit icon.
Title: Re: WW2 alternative to panzer corps
Post by: bbmike on January 01, 2017, 06:06:02 PM
gameleaper, it's getting hard to find your current game file in the zip. It took a while to find the WWII module. :)
I do like the unit size vs hex size in the WWII module. Is that the one you are talking about?
Title: Re: WW2 alternative to panzer corps
Post by: gameleaper on January 01, 2017, 06:33:35 PM
yes, I'm glad I'm on the right track. I have also made the units face the correct way while moving, because flanking gets beter damage. I also updated this in the other games in the zip, the old SFB now has big chits too and faces as it moves, its all come together I think.
Title: Re: WW2 alternative to panzer corps
Post by: gameleaper on January 01, 2017, 08:27:58 PM
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rorkes-drift

I put a main menu in for you bb, so you can find and run what ever, the menu is editable and you may find it usefull on your USB sticks to manage different apps, you can even spawn more menus if you put the mainmenu file in a subfolder
Title: Re: WW2 alternative to panzer corps
Post by: gameleaper on January 02, 2017, 08:14:38 AM
I made the menu much more advanced, so hope you will have use for it on your usb bb.