I know, not the usual MetalDog fare, but, it's the song that was stuck in my head when I woke up. Figured it was an omen or something.
My usual Civ MP partner has me on a Warlock kick. I've probably got 20 hours in on it in the last two weeks. I'm whooping the dog out of him, but, it's not as obvious in Warlock as it is in Civ. Going to continue that this weekend. I also have a Medieval 2 campaign as Spain that I am trying to wrap up. It's a short one to control 15 Regions and eliminate the Portugese and Moors. Already got the Portugese, I lack two regions for the Moors.
Holiday sale purchases rule the weekend....SoW: Waterloo and Pike and Shot Campaigns.
ps. MD...another good song choice. I love the lyrics...quite scathing.
Endless space 2 and warhammer dwarves
Endless space 2 I'm learning the ropes, mixed in with some let's play and as per usual for amplitude it's very immersive - the new system 'planet round up' is great, when you enter a new system the Ui introduces each planet with a review of its resources and possible hidden gems
My dwarves started the dawi civil war and it felt bad! But it's the only way to get all the clans on board and ready for chaos - the once great Barak varr will soon be crushed leaving only one clan on my side of the mountains then I'll look at ridding the world of the undead
Finish building 2 PC's (had a comment on tech forum due to Win 7 not liking new PC tech)
Reinstalling a metric shit-ton o' games.
Grabbing couple of things from various sales (DC:B and WitW are two that really have my eye)
Taking the oldest to SW:R1 today.
New Years and the requisite drinking / partying involved.
And whatever else that may tickle my fancy.
Off to Wales this weekend to see my bessie mate from the army and drink and be merry and go to the rugby on New Years Day so no gaming for me over the weekend although tonight I should be able to squeeze in some Car Mechanic Simulator :(
Love Carly Simon
Going to continue to run around a devastated New York and shoot people in The Division. For giggles, I think I'm going just run around with a sawed-off shotgun and Mosin Nagant model 44 and wreck shit as my murder hobo loots up. I swear I'm going to do honest-to-God missions one day.
Great song none the less MD! Will probably be doing World of Warships. Started a Total War Attilla Campaign last night. Also will probably be practicing taking off in my FW 190 with the new rudder Pedals in IL2 BoS. Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!
PBEM with SDR... long running Plan Orange game started up again.
Started a new Civ VI game as Kongo (random pic) on the new Earth map. Got placed where is normally Venezuela with Egypt where Brazil is normally. Crushed them, so now I'm the King of South America. :bd: North America is next. >:D
Some more Car Mechanic 2015. Changed the names so now I can identify with the cars better.
Ok, I'm weirded out now. I woke up with that song in my head too! :o
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 30, 2016, 08:23:42 AM
although tonight I should be able to squeeze in some Car Mechanic Simulator :(
Join the club, brother. I recently installed new valve cover gaskets in both Audis to stop the burning oil smell. Sure beats paying stealership labor prices, though. :bd:
As for gaming, I'm still having a blast playing the Barbarossa campaign as the Russians in
Strategic Command: WWII. I'm also going to pick up
Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa this weekend. I'm back to a WWII frame of mind lately, after taking a long break from it.
On holidays atm.
Naval Action with some mates
Atlantic Fleet (from the sales)
Vermintide with mates -(sales again)
A little Verdun
Some battlefront with my son (yuk)
Hoping to learn scourge of war and do some combat mission with patch 4.0
Maybe some PT boats - been meaning to play that game properly
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/535/31608032920_3927813491_b.jpg)
(https://c7.staticflickr.com/1/337/31608030870_3d08fa1412_b.jpg)
(https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/511/31608029420_ae247d36f1_b.jpg)
(https://c7.staticflickr.com/1/571/31608028430_74c5759940_b.jpg)
(https://c3.staticflickr.com/1/342/31608027170_2bba5f44b3_b.jpg)
(https://c7.staticflickr.com/1/457/31608026070_1aac33efff_b.jpg)
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/384/31608025320_34920b93bc_b.jpg)
(https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/744/31608024460_9c4bafb010_b.jpg)
(https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/746/31608022980_6ab1680eb3_b.jpg)
(https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/421/31608021740_7ab83c7a2c_b.jpg)
Ah, Carly Simon!
I'm trying to win my first ever Endless Legend game (had it for 2 years, started many, but this time I want to make it to the end-game!). Then moving on to try out one of my new Christmas acquisitions (Stellaris? Thea: The Awakening?)...
(Like I'm going to finish my EL game that soon!! ;D
In his defense, the song IS about him.
Grigsby's War in the East (Matrix)
Command: Modern Air and Naval Operations (Matrix)
Steel Panthers WW2 (Shrapnel).
Reading rules for Scourge of War Waterloo and Combat Mission.
I will run-out the Old Year with some drinks, home-made wings, football, and DC: Case Blue Op. Uranus where the Soviets have just reached Rostov to cut-off the Germans Army Group A. And maybe squeeze in some Alea Jacta Est where the Pompeyians are giving Ceasar all he can handle and then some. Happy New Year Grogs! :peace:
...now i want to fly a Learjet in X-Plane10 to Nova Scotia with date set to March 7, 1970 ^-^
i hope i find some time tomorrow to run some CM 4.0 tests with an older save-game CMRT battle to witness the changes when i continue that scenario to the end, this time with the new patch.
I'll be kicking back on the couch and playing Gears of War 4. I've destroyed many robots and suspect that many more will be destroyed in the near future.
Licking my wounds from getting a righteous ass kicking as the Lombards in Attila - Total War: Age of Charlemagne. Stayed up until 2am this morning modding the game and will return for a Mercia campaign because that's how I roll.
I also LOVE the Enderal mod for Skyrim. It is absolutely amazing that a small team created this. I am only 2-3 hours in but it has really grabbed me. And it's free!!!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F197429326233097961%2FFA76F317C13AD9EE180C1D9BB9CFB41DAB2AA3FA%2F&hash=a8e2c4a83c065f9f97ace100ae534c3aec81c128)
Seems like i am going to play:
- Rise and Fall: Civilization at War
- Civilization V
- Master of Orion CtS
GG WitE: Playing 2 PBEMs, the grand campaign (since 3 months now) and operation Blue, both as Axis
DC: B, playing PBEM as axis, this is my third game in PBEM and I love the game more every time.
Combat Mission FB (just got it reading the manual and learning to be ready for PBEM).
Command Ops 2 the cauldron (learning the game, I just love the maps of north Africa missions).
Campaign Series Middle East (just got it in matrix sale, trying it out, like it so far).
Field of Glory (got the battle pack in matrix sale just wanting to play the battle of Qaddisya)
Wish I could play Skyrim...the graphics are all glitchy on the characters in the game on this 'new' rig of mine. Sad because my 10+ year old rig could run this game flawlessly. Even when I lower the graphics to the bare minimum I still get the flashy/staticky look to the characters. The terrain is fine, but not the 'living' things.
^Hmm that's weird.
Quote from: bbmike on December 30, 2016, 08:59:47 AM
Ok, I'm weirded out now. I woke up with that song in my head too! :o
Seperated at birth?
Too much LDS in the 60's?
Love yourself enough for everyone? Just like me?
Pina colodas? Getting caught in the rain?
Quote from: mikeck on December 30, 2016, 11:34:33 AM
In his defense, the song IS about him.
Oh the irony. I'll be playing some CloD and Ironclads II and maybe some Graviteam
Meandering around on various things, including as Napoleon in Cyrano's forum wargame.
Also including: setting up a forum game of Fire in the Lake (GMT's strategic Vietnam War game), where I'll be using Tabletop Simulator as my virtual game table and acting as gamemaster for two teams of Grogheads. Since the game is completely open on its information, no one has to own TTS to play -- I'll just post snapshots updating situations, and alerting players when it's time for them to make choices. Once I set up the DAR thread (soon), anyone can watch, comment, advise, and if someone has to drop out anyone can pick up their position easily and continue.
Currently, Banzai_Cat and ArizonaTank (both FitL vets) are signed up to play one of the four factions. Nefaro and Jomni have expressed interest; since neither have played it (although Nef owns a physical version of the game), if/when they confirm I'd pair each of them on teams with BC and AzTank. But if someone else jumps in, that's fine. (If necessary I'll play a fourth faction until when-if-ever someone else wants to pick up play.)
Here's a look at the gameboard for North, Middle, and South territories and cities on the board (minus some other board information to avoid distractions for now).
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimagizer.imageshack.us%2Fv2%2F1024x768q90%2F922%2FqVdp97.png&hash=93882ddce4465b7bd4e53e4882c8f27c794463ca)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimagizer.imageshack.us%2Fv2%2F1024x768q90%2F921%2FeiWwHI.png&hash=59cf17c09dd8f86774fa96c1db85c7680e691a4a)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimagizer.imageshack.us%2Fv2%2F1024x768q90%2F924%2Fzdklsw.png&hash=224115f3a5eb7f9ef0bc81d642e7e254fa83f864)
For those who don't know, FitL uses three randomly shuffled decks to provide options to players about how to place and remove influence markers in the territories, roads, and major cities of the war. In that sense, it's a little like Twilight Struggle, except no one has secret cards in their hands: everything's out on the table. (Also, the rules are somewhat more complex.) The four factions are teamed, naturally, as US / ARVN vs. NVA / VC. Factions operate somewhat independently and even somewhat at odds with their own teammates, so while one team will win one player will win more specifically. The north team may win for example but the Viet Cong player might be the specific winner.
Pregame discussion thread is here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18567.msg492022#new
I'll post the DAR thread start in the digital AAR category soon.
Well, not working until Sunday 9am so I have off.
I got a new TV a nice Vizio 32" HDTV plus a Roku stick :smitten: for Christmas from my parents. They heard I was trying to save to get a new one. So maybe I might be watching stuff on my Roku? I don't really know.
Game wise I have been determined to win the Age of Ice scenario in Civ IV -BTS. But I keep getting creamed. But I will keep trying. I haven't really made any plans to be honest. But I wish you all a Happy New Year
In an unprecedented 12 hour play session ive built a solid foundation in the Warhammer Dwarf campaign!! I triggered the civil war in a bid to unite the Dwarven clans and it resulted in the 2 next largest factions vassal-ing up - i had to take a lot of steps backwards and loose a lot of ground as they wore themselves down and i could reposition my armies. In the end in what was either a cheesey move by the AI or coincidence, as the dust settled on the final unifying battle and the whole of the Misty Mountain area became mine, Chaos marauders came out of the west and raised 5 of my newly taken cities to the ground - a lot of work to get that sorted out, and then all 6 of my armies could finally march north and take down the despicable Vampires. They declared in the middle of my civil war and took a lot of my northern settlements as i had noone up there to compete with Manfred - i swore to him, my dwarves and myself that they would pay, and ive just saved now with the death of the last Vampire army. Theres a huge amount of empty land between me and the empire, land i cant take as a Dwarf so i hope it will help the empire. Why help the empire?
Chaos. Chaos arrived and swept through the vampires and the empire like a horrible disease, reducing everything to ruins, they then turned west and reduced tilea and bretonnia to dust - i dont know where they are now i only know on the strategic map, everything north and west is owned by 'ruins' - its an awful, empty feeling, but little settlements of empire keep springing up in the gaps and ill help where i can.
The only chaos army i saw before the swept west!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fp7RAY6B.jpg&hash=1a084d466e1b65d10e00077b1791734298759ad3)
The last of the Greenskin horde - they brought a giant, and a champion on a dragon - seen fleeing for his life here, i brought Empire allies
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FNgagA0F.jpg&hash=dd1e836af429d69765a2227d2bf4c6562a4233f4)
They also brought a giant spider mounted shaman!
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FppPaOrS.jpg&hash=efe2a10854690304d1fb8cca660dc287d3a70d6d)
The known world, im orange
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMCDPfPb.jpg&hash=33bc67666224a34444aef6fda09b756b69ab80c9)
12 hours - DAYUM
Lol yeah - it's my holiday - I'll be doing this all day, do not disturb
Keeping up with all my PBEM games and diving into EU IV when time allows
You are my hero for 2017.
Quote from: nelmsm on December 30, 2016, 10:05:05 PM
Keeping up with all my PBEM games and diving into EU IV when time allows
You're a professional juggler now, Nelms? :))
EU4, alone, will suck up a lot of time once you get rolling.
Quote from: MetalDog on December 30, 2016, 07:03:30 AM
I know, not the usual MetalDog fare, but, it's the song that was stuck in my head when I woke up. Figured it was an omen or something.
My usual Civ MP partner has me on a Warlock kick. I've probably got 20 hours in on it in the last two weeks. I'm whooping the dog out of him, but, it's not as obvious in Warlock as it is in Civ. Going to continue that this weekend. I also have a Medieval 2 campaign as Spain that I am trying to wrap up. It's a short one to control 15 Regions and eliminate the Portugese and Moors. Already got the Portugese, I lack two regions for the Moors.
Those lips.............. :smitten:
Picked up the EU4 Rights of Man DLC this week. Did a short lived test game the other day as Brandenburg to learn the new mechanics. After a couple of false starts, I finally have a good game going as England. I managed to avoid the Hundred Years war restarting by giving up Maine to France via an event. Then declared war on Scotland, who brought the French in, before France could go after me. Avoided the War of the Roses for the now when King Henry VI actually produced an heir. Got a better look at the new tech system then I did with my Brandenburg test game. The Renaissance starts in Italy but the Flanders are gets a boost to the Renaissance spreading. Once it spread to Calais it didn't take long for it to spread to Kent and thus to the rest of England and my Normandy provinces so I was able to adopt it a little after France and Burgundy. Was never got close to getting it with Brandenburg. I would have eventually but it was going to take awhile to spread up from Italy through Austria and Bohemia or east from Flanders. Falling a little behind on tech but with the worst king possible at the start that's no surprise.
Things were going ok until late last night/early this morning when I decided to invade Burgundy. In my defense I was a little buzzed and tired from drinking scotch. Took out the Flanders armyt right at the start, then marched into siege Artois and Picardie. Was waiting for the main Burgundian army to appear I watched my numerical superiority disappear when France decided to give a large portion of their army to Burgundy as mercenaries. Tried to knock the French out before Burgundy showed up, so I regathered my army and marched on the French in Normandie. Thats when the main Burgundy army showed up, along with the rest of their vassals, and Brittany's army. Ended up being 60,000 vs my 30-35,000. After that massacre I decided to call it quits for the night. Unfortunately I forgot to save the game. ::)
Rest of the weekend is going to be a mix of CMANO, Elite, EU4. Cities Skyline and Planet Coaster are maybes.
As the weekend ends, I'm going back to test my first new Mech build (a Clan Kit Fox that I've already partially bungled and will now need to earn cash to 'kit' out properly #:-) ) in Mechwarrior Online.
But I have also started testing feasibility for running a forum game of Fire in the Lake (strategic Vietnam War boardgame) using Tabletop Simulator and posting reports from there to a forum thread; and that post can be found here (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18567.msg492556#msg492556). We still have two open spaces (at least) for players! -- the two experienced players already signed up (AzTank and B_C) will be going first in the test run, then anyone else who signs up by then. I'm also, naturally, exercising my proclivity for long posts by providing a running tutorial on the game as we go.
As prophesied, the final game of my extended week-and-two-weekend vacations was Mechwarrior Online. Ran enough missions to get my little Kit Fox outfitted the way I originally intended, with a Clan Ultra Autocannon 2, plenty of ammo (two and a half cases), and four Clan Extended Range Medium Lasers. I also swapped out almost all the Omnipods to get rid of (most of) the jump jets I didn't want for this build. Hilariously, in order to keep my ballistic torso I also had to keep exactly one jump jet which is completely incapable of doing anything but take up weight! (That remaining jumpjet Omnipod also gives me a bonus to missile cooldown time which I don't need on this build, but I got all the other omnis switched out for laser buffs.)
Unfortunately, I couldn't beef the engine up more than the starting 100 (with an XL for weight reduction at the expense of a few extra torso slots). So I'm as slow as a Kit Fox can be, but it's a light mech so I'm still relatively quick; and light mechs are all about the inconvenient tradeoffs. Come to think of it, I'm already starting to miss those jump jets I rarely used!
Anyway, now I've got a long-range harasser build: I can sit back and throw a lot of little explosions quickly downrange, and if the enemy gets a little closer he'll also be dealing with a constant barrage of lasers in his face. I can't feasibly hunt-to-kill anything yet, but I can support other players which is what light mechs are supposed to do. My alpha strike is strong enough to blow apart most other light mechs, and I'll be out-pumping a better constant damage-per-second on them, too. I won't run out of ammo quickly even in this role, and when I do I still have a respectable no-ammo laserboat (for this weight class).
Next up: seeing if I can design a Locust (the physically smallest mech available in the game so far) to be a longer-range missile harasser (and seeing if that's even a useful build).