GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on January 09, 2017, 01:09:01 AM

Title: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on January 09, 2017, 01:09:01 AM
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/space-battles-2d-hard-core-wargame

I have finisht it HA! star trek module done for use, now has self destruct and missile detonation, exploisions, mines, radio beacons, nuclear missiles, normal missiles, lasers, energy allocation phase, shuttles, laser disrupters, planets moons asteroids, hex grid on off, hotseat.

NOW HAS BOARDING PARTY AUTO COMAT RESOLVED AS YOU WATCH

Title: Re: Star Fleet Battles Clone, now has energy allocation Phase and misile control
Post by: gameleaper on January 09, 2017, 01:09:09 PM
I plan on doing a hotseat option later. it just uses A.I. at the moment
Title: Re: Star Fleet Battles Clone, now has energy allocation Phase and misile control
Post by: gameleaper on January 10, 2017, 10:50:52 PM
added shuttles, and a hotseat solo option with enforced rules, made the fireing facing work when lauching shuttles or misiles. decoys, emp attack drones, a real close type of SFB game I do hope bb likes what Ive done


use this info to set and calculate what initial values you need for your units.


Max Movement is the move points allocated to the unit each turn
move points is how many move points you have left
Max attacks is the number of attacks allocated each turn
attacks is how many attacks you have left

orders, are what ticks down as you move or attack, the orders increase each turn only if your near a HQ(flag ship), if you orders go to almost zero you wont be able to do anything, this simulated being in contact with a leader

moral gets reduced if you get hit, if moral drops to low you wont be able to do anything, you recover moral if not near enemy units, or if your near a HQ

strength is as it sounds, means hull etc

armor is what takes the hits before strength does, but there is a special way its calculated, if your armor is greater than zero then and only then will this be calculated - (the ant-armor penatrates armor , so the attack result gets modified , your armor minus the attackers antiarmor, if the result is greater than zero then the attack has no effect, but if its greater the attack gets through but reduced by your armor.) this is great if you have armor because all attacks are reduced by your armor, but an anti-armor attack with dull the effect of your armor. if the anti-armor beats your armor the anti-armor excess will contribute to the attack. anti-armor attacks has no effect on non armored units, these are special weapon attacks designed to put a small hole through your defenses. anti-armor attacks only effect attacks that get through shields first.

a rear attack hits an extra 40 damage, a flank attack deals an extra 20 to usual attack damage

shields absorb hits

a hit does Random between(5,25) for str and Random between(5,25) for moral, then depending on the TEM of the tile your in more is added or subtracted (TEM -2 str -15 Moral - 8)(TEM -1 str -8 Moral - 3)(TEM +1 str +8 Moral +3)(TEM +2 str +15 Moral +8) if the result is reuced to above zero then no effect

misiles cause 50 strength damage to near units at the end of a turn

each turn
orders + 30 if in 10hexes from hq an no enemy within 30 hexes
moral + 10 if in 4 from hq an no enemy within 4
shield have a 50% chance of generating one shield point on each side



Title: Re: Star Fleet Battles Clone, now has energy allocation Phase and misile control
Post by: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Downloading, hope to try it soon!

Quote from: gameleaper on January 10, 2017, 10:50:52 PM
orders, are what ticks down as you move or attack, the orders increase each turn only if your near a HQ(flag ship), if you orders go to almost zero you wont be able to do anything, this simulated being in contact with a leader

In contact with a leader? Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: gameleaper on January 11, 2017, 08:00:23 AM
if you play with flag ships(HQs) they generate there own orders, kirk and picard are scotty bones and spock are on those ships.

I may add mines tonight, its finished just tweeking, mines may make a good gameplay extra
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpicard.jpg&hash=1a4b743953c3f3d6a1dcd0c8f867398ea176f02f)
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: gameleaper on January 11, 2017, 08:48:11 AM
I think a hit is a D6 against the shields then if it hits the armor and damage gets calculated, I will have to check its a d6. and if a ship with no anti-armor wepon attacks an armored ship it , the armor still protects the ship, its just if an attack against a ship with no armor that armor dosnt matter.

I do believe that kirk and picard got orders from Starfleet command, voyger that was on its own. but I dought they followed orders anyway
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: mirth on January 11, 2017, 09:15:49 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpicard.jpg&hash=1a4b743953c3f3d6a1dcd0c8f867398ea176f02f)

Well played.
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: Nefaro on January 11, 2017, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpicard.jpg&hash=1a4b743953c3f3d6a1dcd0c8f867398ea176f02f)


I second this facepalm.
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: mirth on January 11, 2017, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 11, 2017, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpicard.jpg&hash=1a4b743953c3f3d6a1dcd0c8f867398ea176f02f)


I second this facepalm.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgretschpages.com%2Fmedia%2Fimg%2Ffretboard%2F2014%2F10%2Fdouble_trek_facepalm.jpg.540x540_q85_autocrop.jpg&hash=1ab1c77c8c184d31bbb7c9e90fa0ffd36cd1e846)
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: gameleaper on January 13, 2017, 12:58:06 AM
 shuttles, misiles, energy allocation phase, plantes, moons, space stations, radio beacons, mines, asteroids, planetary and moon aswell as space station defences, hotseat and A.I.

I DONT KNOW IF PICARD ACTUALY CARE BUT I added PLANTS, MOONS, RADIO BEACONS(for kirks orders) , MINES, MINE SWEEPING, ASTEROIDS,

MAJOR UPDATES TO MISSILE EFFECTS. & ENERGY ALLOCATION SCREEN OPTIONS UPDATE
Title: Re: (SFB),Planets,Radio Beacons,Mines.space stations.Moons,Asteroids.
Post by: gameleaper on January 14, 2017, 04:06:59 PM
just for jon luke, I have added a ZOOM function, bb asked if it had one, so just done it, also added explosions when missles explode, I added a laser disrupter missile. added options for swithing grid on and off, and its looks totally different without a grid(just press G) or set it in setting file. added single screen only option for small maps, it has hotseat and A.I. I can quite definatly say its finished, just open a blank map and add ships to fight like start fleet battles

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/space-battles-2d-hard-core-wargame
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on January 16, 2017, 11:22:27 PM
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/space-battles-2d-hard-core-wargame

I have finisht it HA! star trek module done for use, now has self destruct and missile detonation, exploisions, mines, radio beacons, nuclear missiles, normal missiles, lasers, energy allocation phase, shuttles, laser disrupters, planets moons asteroids, hex grid on off, hotseat.
Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 17, 2017, 05:11:31 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 11, 2017, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpicard.jpg&hash=1a4b743953c3f3d6a1dcd0c8f867398ea176f02f)


I second this facepalm.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgretschpages.com%2Fmedia%2Fimg%2Ffretboard%2F2014%2F10%2Fdouble_trek_facepalm.jpg.540x540_q85_autocrop.jpg&hash=1ab1c77c8c184d31bbb7c9e90fa0ffd36cd1e846)
I concur

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2Fface_palm_star_trek_by_voorhees657-d7od6au_zpsxdmkm4sx.jpg&hash=4b39d837752d70c48ffd8a80ce91646adad499da) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/face_palm_star_trek_by_voorhees657-d7od6au_zpsxdmkm4sx.jpg.html)

Title: Re: (SFB),Enegy allocation,Shuttles,decoys,EMP drones,misiles
Post by: gameleaper on January 17, 2017, 06:19:18 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 17, 2017, 05:11:31 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 11, 2017, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2017, 07:47:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 11, 2017, 06:25:16 AM
Kirk didn't need no contact with a leader!  :P

Picard was a better Captain.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpicard.jpg&hash=1a4b743953c3f3d6a1dcd0c8f867398ea176f02f)


I second this facepalm.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgretschpages.com%2Fmedia%2Fimg%2Ffretboard%2F2014%2F10%2Fdouble_trek_facepalm.jpg.540x540_q85_autocrop.jpg&hash=1ab1c77c8c184d31bbb7c9e90fa0ffd36cd1e846)
I concur

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2Fface_palm_star_trek_by_voorhees657-d7od6au_zpsxdmkm4sx.jpg&hash=4b39d837752d70c48ffd8a80ce91646adad499da) (http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/face_palm_star_trek_by_voorhees657-d7od6au_zpsxdmkm4sx.jpg.html)

I know I'm ok brains wise, simply because of the mathematics I do on programing, but I'm perplexed at what you guys are facepalming at, I've never been to bothered to learn social comedy and forum puns aswell as general old folk wisdom, but I'm getting old now , and I would like to know what you guys are face palming at? whoes failing? why it was well played? I'm a treky and I just don't get the line of thought you guys are on. so I ask you whats going down here?
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: undercovergeek on January 17, 2017, 06:23:40 AM
I think it's the comment about Picard been a better captain - don't worry
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 17, 2017, 06:47:10 AM
Hi gameleaper - it was indeed as UCG said to do with the Mirth's statement that Picard was a better captain than Kirk.  :hug:
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on January 17, 2017, 07:33:18 AM
thanks for explaining , I have to say honestly I think kirk was better, picard was a good captain too but lacked intenseness and kirk felt like he was real.
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: undercovergeek on January 17, 2017, 08:17:31 AM
Only mirth knows what Kirk felt like - he squeezed him more than once
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: bbmike on January 17, 2017, 09:15:11 AM
Don't listen to them, gameleaper. They all also liked that show Firefly.  :idiot2:  O:-)
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: mirth on January 17, 2017, 09:22:39 AM
Malcolm Reynolds - best damned starship Captain in the 'verse!
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on January 17, 2017, 09:24:09 AM
after doing this thread I was drawn like gravity to rpgnow.com ,I bet kirk consulted on star fleet battles, I just bought the pocket edition for £8.50($10) and its out of this world, I knew the game already, but rereading is giving me real enjoyment, I didn't realise you secretly plotted the moves each turn, I only played solo and never realised until now.
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on January 17, 2017, 09:25:58 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 17, 2017, 09:22:39 AM
Malcolm Reynolds - best damned starship Captain in the 'verse!

I'm not into real names, or is that a firefly cowboy name. I enjoy the adventure without caring about reality
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on January 17, 2017, 09:28:44 AM
is it cool to like Dune, I thought the first movie was absolutely incredible
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on January 21, 2017, 03:46:15 AM
Ive added captains, so you can assign a captain to different ships, you can even put your own image in as a captain. this gives the game more flavour, you can add text to the image for extra depth. there is a default cdaptain and 24 captains in total, this game is meant for a small number of ships, but you can play with fleets and assign a capt like default and then have the big ships individual captains. the ships systems can now become damaged after laser fire, missile don't cause internal damage they hit the hull, but are easily shot down if you still have lasers ready, you can store energy from turn to turn in the battery, or self destruct, launch shuttle that in turn can fire missiles, but shuttles are weak.

each captain has a command rating that generates more new orders per turn, there are 10 rating for each type of captain, I did this for what you said bb, kirk generated his own orders, so now he can, also orders forms a limit on how much a ship can do  in a turn, similar to the star fleet battles maximum 32 impuls speed.

Ive had enough programing, so if you want it time to warp

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/space-battles-2d-hard-core-wargame
Title: Re: Star Trek space game
Post by: gameleaper on February 05, 2017, 08:05:50 PM
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/space-battles-2d-hard-core-wargame

NOW HAS MASSIVE UPDATE TO ADD BOARDING PARTY AUTO COMAT RESOLVED AS YOU WATCH