GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on January 09, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Title: SHELFIES!
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 09, 2017, 06:13:07 PM
Show us your shelfies!

(https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15965131_10108847534017825_3980263880843029875_n.jpg?oh=b677b39cd4168db8364ce6713e641546&oe=58D5E764)

Updated shelfie, after consolidating wargames onto one bookshelf and moving euro/fantasy/adventure games elsewhere.
Stack of mags on lower left is mostly Battles, with some S&T mixed in.
Very bottom are old SPI folio games.
Top left are new DG and VPG Ziploc games, and upper right are some ATO mags, and my beta copies of the original Warfighter series and Orange Crush.
Actually moved a few others onto the shelf after this pic was taken - had left my original copy of the new Tank On Tank Westfront downstairs, and had 2-3 newer folio/bagged games (like Target Arnhem and the original Tank on Tank) found in piles of other games that were added to this.
Still putting all the RPG stuff and other board games on other shelves - that's probably 2x what's on this one.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: GJK on January 09, 2017, 07:40:11 PM
Funny timing- just yesterday I added two shelves to the front coat closet (that wasn't being used) because my other shelves were getting stuffed (yes, lots of ASL on those shelves  L:-) ).  These hold a lot of Plano's and other things that were just too much for regular bookshelves.



Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Crossroads on January 10, 2017, 06:08:36 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 09, 2017, 06:13:07 PM
Show us your shelfies!


Here's my humble little shelfie  O:-)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D18633.0%3Battach%3D9601%3Bimage&hash=c9e90e2ddde24002b356649d08d67663ba78a1eb)


Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 06:15:48 AM
You guys with all of your fancy game tables and shelves.  ::)
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Crossroads on January 10, 2017, 07:15:41 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 06:15:48 AM
You guys with all of your fancy game tables and shelves.  ::)

Mine is an IKEA shelf, and not something for the elites only  :D
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 07:40:59 AM
Ha! No, the quality is fine. I'm just jealous that you have shelves to put them on.  ;D
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Crossroads on January 10, 2017, 09:49:18 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 07:40:59 AM
Ha! No, the quality is fine. I'm just jealous that you have shelves to put them on.  ;D

Stop being jealous then and go git you one. That's what I did  :)
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Nefaro on January 10, 2017, 09:52:01 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 06:15:48 AM
You guys with all of your fancy game tables and shelves.  ::)

;D


Yeah.  Mine are Industrial strength/size metal beasts. 

Crammed into dark corners and heaped to the ceiling.  >:D

Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Cyrano on January 10, 2017, 09:54:41 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FbPBxEyb.jpg&hash=825295ac76b9ab5f89b922c86aaa7d8d7a5aa5d8)

Fuller now than when this was taken.

I have an illness, but regret nothing...

Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 10, 2017, 10:03:58 AM
^ Do you like Thunder Alley, Cyrano? I despite NASCAR but I do like racing games and admittedly the mechanics in this game look interesting.

Also Queens Gambit?!? You suck! :P
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Cyrano on January 10, 2017, 10:16:15 AM
"Thunder Alley" wears its NASCAR very lightly.  Among other things there's not even a hint of official sponsorship which, frankly, I take as a mistake on NASCAR's part, but it's not my business.

The game is really about managing the draft, but the core mechanics are those invented a long time ago by, I believe, Dr. Knizia, viz.: "oh sure, YOU can move, but you'll be pulling others along for you as well, so choose carefully".  It's a great group game and I play it a fair amount.

If you find the left-turn-only business unbearable, there's a new Grand Prix version just released by GMT to which I cannot speak.

Yeah, I bought "Queen's Gambit" new in all the excitement leading up to Episode I and it's since been broadly acknowledged to be the only good thing to come from the movie.  It's one of my "any time, anywhere" games.



Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 10, 2017, 10:29:01 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on January 10, 2017, 10:16:15 AM
"Thunder Alley" wears its NASCAR very lightly.  Among other things there's not even a hint of official sponsorship which, frankly, I take as a mistake on NASCAR's part, but it's not my business.

If either of you want to chat with the designers for a future Tuesday Interview, lemme know and I'll hook you up.  Jeff & Carla are friends, and I played a handful of games with them back in Columbus at CABS.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 10, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
What I wouldn't give to get a all-nighter game of Line in the Sand going at Origins. Such a great underrated game... if you play with the full diplo rules that is.

My game group has played it a few times to great merriment and frustration of all. Think Diplomacy with tanks and planes.

Our last game resulted in a multi-side tie that drove one member to promise not play again for 10 years.... which is only 11 months from now... not that anyone is counting... >:D
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Cyrano on January 10, 2017, 12:05:16 PM
I've since added "Red Storm Rising" and "Hunt for Red October".

For all their odd components, they really are great games.

JIm
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 10, 2017, 12:08:20 PM
I have Red Storm Rising but not Red October... was never able to find it.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 10, 2017, 12:30:18 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 10, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
What I wouldn't give to get a all-nighter game of Line in the Sand going at Origins. Such a great underrated game... if you play with the full diplo rules that is.

My game group has played it a few times to great merriment and frustration of all. Think Diplomacy with tanks and planes.

Our last game resulted in a multi-side tie that drove one member to promise not play again for 10 years.... which is only 11 months from now... not that anyone is counting... >:D

Are you talking about that TSR 1991 or so board game?

I actually own it and played it once...once. Diplo was a lot of fun in that one.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 10, 2017, 12:33:14 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2017, 12:30:18 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 10, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
What I wouldn't give to get a all-nighter game of Line in the Sand going at Origins. Such a great underrated game... if you play with the full diplo rules that is.

My game group has played it a few times to great merriment and frustration of all. Think Diplomacy with tanks and planes.

Our last game resulted in a multi-side tie that drove one member to promise not play again for 10 years.... which is only 11 months from now... not that anyone is counting... >:D

Are you talking about that TSR 1991 or so board game?

I actually own it and played it once...once. Diplo was a lot of fun in that one.

Yep, that's the game.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 10, 2017, 12:34:06 PM
I remember the U.S. player lost Diego Garcia to the Iraqis.  :DD

All kinds of weird crap can happen in that one.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: GroggyGrognard on January 10, 2017, 09:55:49 PM
Jeez, and I thought I had a wargame hoarding disorder.

Behind my copies of W1815 and Strategy & Tactics is a copy of Eldritch Horror and two expansions.

Also, I have copies of Combat Commander Battle Packs Normandy, Stalingrad, and Sea Lion.

Groggy
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 11, 2017, 12:34:22 AM
All my Wings of Glory minis are in the big, black battlefoam bag and the X-Wing stuff is in the green one.  Much of my Sails of Glory stuff is in the 4 translucent containers at the top of the shelf.  Got a bunch more that just arrived a few weeks ago just piled up on one shelf until I get some more storage stuff.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv320%2Fbogaty%2Fshelf4_zpsvhymu6r4.jpg%7Eoriginal&hash=675d3385786fc925e955e169d8d629112897e6cc)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv320%2Fbogaty%2Fshelf2_zpskdqc0oc7.jpg%7Eoriginal&hash=1c211d96e745fc68090f771eb4e4757e286c8201)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv320%2Fbogaty%2Fshelf1_zpsvcgrmiwe.jpg%7Eoriginal&hash=447e3a8f83aa61739a8887682cd864033b401965)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv320%2Fbogaty%2Fshelf3_zpsb7c8ds8l.jpg%7Eoriginal&hash=7037adc3dc8cc07346e29f6d0ccf9356039bbca7)
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Cyrano on January 11, 2017, 10:52:40 AM
@Barth/B_C:  I'm just saying that Enterprise Games -- a proud sponsor of Grogheads Central Command -- stocks used games.  Included in that collection -- I checked -- is "A Line in the Sand".

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME DEMO AT FORT KICKASS!!
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 11, 2017, 10:56:09 AM
I'd post pics but my office is a mess. I need to straighten some things out and then I'll show the glorious chaos that is my game collection.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 11, 2017, 12:33:58 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on January 11, 2017, 10:52:40 AM
@Barth/B_C:  I'm just saying that Enterprise Games -- a proud sponsor of Grogheads Central Command -- stocks used games.  Included in that collection -- I checked -- is "A Line in the Sand".

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME DEMO AT FORT KICKASS!!

YEAH BABY!  \m/
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 12, 2017, 01:05:56 PM
OK here's my shelves of greatness. Still have to add Jutland and Wing Leader: Supremacy to the mix.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D18633.0%3Battach%3D9625%3Bimage&hash=187f6ba3840f3eec540101511fa50ae382e0c166)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D18633.0%3Battach%3D9627%3Bimage&hash=fb6655fa45ad16e415aa1b14ab781535d46bf053)
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: undercovergeek on January 13, 2017, 03:34:40 AM
Have you got risk?
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 13, 2017, 07:26:43 AM
Let me check....
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2017, 08:06:24 AM
Nice 3D Chess board.

And where can I get one of those cool FCRS mugs? :P
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 13, 2017, 08:08:26 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 13, 2017, 08:06:24 AM
...
And where can I get one of those cool FCRS mugs? :P

Grogheads Fort Kickass at ORIGINS.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: mirth on January 13, 2017, 08:10:22 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 13, 2017, 08:08:26 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 13, 2017, 08:06:24 AM
...
And where can I get one of those cool FCRS mugs? :P

Grogheads Fort Kickass at ORIGINS.

Can I just buy one of yours?
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 13, 2017, 08:21:33 AM
Barth's still missing one  :-[

As is Brant, actually...
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 13, 2017, 08:22:48 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 13, 2017, 08:21:33 AM
Barth's still missing one  :-[

As is Brant, actually...

Missing one what?  ???

Oh....  ;)

Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 13, 2017, 08:46:06 AM
Mine's in the house since I actually use it.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Cyrano on January 13, 2017, 09:47:51 AM
Mine is ever the titular "opaque container" called for in many rule sets.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: MetalDog on January 14, 2017, 12:45:12 AM
I own one as well.  Won it along with Chandragupta at Fort Kickass on Sunday.
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Pinetree on January 17, 2017, 08:22:15 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 12, 2017, 01:05:56 PM
OK here's my shelves of greatness. Still have to add Jutland and Wing Leader: Supremacy to the mix.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D18633.0%3Battach%3D9625%3Bimage&hash=187f6ba3840f3eec540101511fa50ae382e0c166)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D18633.0%3Battach%3D9627%3Bimage&hash=fb6655fa45ad16e415aa1b14ab781535d46bf053)

I could have sworn I saw a box for a OL 2mm deluxe in the bottom shelf..
Title: Re: SHELFIES!
Post by: Barthheart on January 17, 2017, 09:04:19 AM
HAHAHAHA! Nope. >:(