GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on January 26, 2017, 02:53:57 PM

Title: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Gusington on January 26, 2017, 02:53:57 PM
 :notworthy: I really gotta get caught up and complete the first one  :notworthy:

https://eternity.obsidian.net/
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Sir Slash on January 26, 2017, 03:34:50 PM
I saw that this morning. The story involves your stronghold that you get in the first game. I never finished beating the 'Big Bad' at the very bottom so I hope you don't have to do this first to play Deadfire. Otherwise... I got some more game to finish.  :-[
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: -budd- on January 26, 2017, 03:45:34 PM
I'm on a pillars break after steam rolling through 55 hours, going to have to get back to it.  My keep isjust about all upgraded. I tried the levels underneath early on made it to level 9 before I got frustrated and realized my characters didn't have the level to cope with it How far down does it go?  My characters are up to level 8 and 9 now maybe I'll go back to the depths.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Gusington on January 26, 2017, 04:56:12 PM
I was about 25 hours in when I got to that same point and decided to take on quests elsewhere before attempting those lower levels. I hadn't played in a while then returned to it and had no idea wtf I was doing. Will have to return again at some point.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 26, 2017, 05:20:19 PM
I quit playing the game because of the big baddie in the basement.  I had everyone at max level (12 at the time. Dunno if that's changed) and the best I ever managed was to get the thing to about 50% health before losing my party and that was using kiting exploits to get rid of all the minions first.  Then they patched the game so you couldn't do kiting and I died before I could do more than 25%.  I read various strategy tips, lowered difficulty settings to "toddler" and tried a few dozen times.  That fight is impossible.  Never went back to finish the game even though I was about 95% done by that point.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: -budd- on January 26, 2017, 05:29:48 PM
If it gets to that point, screw it , I'll use console commands. I'll be good for a dozen attempts. Well I guess since you couldnt get at level 12 I'll go back to the main quest for now.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 26, 2017, 05:50:16 PM
The dungeon is 15 levels, I think.  My characters in my party were all level 12. 
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Nefaro on January 26, 2017, 11:12:54 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2017, 02:53:57 PM
:notworthy: I really gotta get caught up and complete the first one  :notworthy:



I keep planning to.

Then the completionist in me says, "you don't have the two White March DLCs!"

Then I check the DLC prices, "WTF?  I can buy a new game for the price of these!"

Then I wait until DLC sale, "WTF?  I can STILL buy a new game for the price of these!"

Then PoE goes back under the metaphorical stack.
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Sir Slash on January 26, 2017, 11:14:07 PM
I can't remember but 15 sounds about right. It's a tough as hell fight for sure and it's not the only one. But I skipped it and finished the game without problem. And there's a couple in the White March that are tough as leather nipples too but none that keep you from winning that I've found. I don't mind un-beatable enemies as long as they're in just for the challenge of trying to beat them. I still have bad dreams about the Mulmaster Beholder Corps in Curse of the Azure Bonds on my Amiga.  :hide:
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: jamus34 on January 27, 2017, 06:16:23 AM
In the gold box games those"unbeatable rooms" usually has a trick. I know the one in Secret of the Silver Blades you were fighting a room filled with Storm Giants and frost dragons I believe. Dust of disappearance FTW
Title: Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Post by: Gusington on January 27, 2017, 08:25:38 AM
I got both White March DLCs during a sale.