https://www.tabletopgaming.co.uk/board-games/news/animal-rights-group-peta-calls-for-warhammer-fur-clothing-ban
I can't think of which other races/units this will significantly effect, but I tend to view all things through the prism of either the Empire or a Space Marine.
1) WTF had this world come to???
2) this is what PETA has time to complain about? Pickings must be getting slim for them.
The correct response would be to tell PETA to go pound sand.
Beat me to it bison
Although over here we'd say 'get f*****'
The correct response would be to let the Space Wolves deal with PETA directly.
... thank the Allfather that PETA didn't had discovered yet that Orcs (in all the fantasy universes) can be actually considered animals too
#orclivesmatter #OLM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasyplanet.cz%2Fgfx%2Fpictures_clanky%2Flotr_gal_velky_2003124840294490.jpg&hash=1e18e46a91246aad7b667e2175569fa1b80c61e0)
(affected human activists helping to organize an peacefully protest marsh forming up to speak out against slaying of T'rahylvogggosh Martulg'ur...
^-^
(https://i.imgflip.com/1imoo7.jpg) (https://imgflip.com/i/1imoo7)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)
^nice!
Wait, let me find it...
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpicard.jpg&hash=1a4b743953c3f3d6a1dcd0c8f867398ea176f02f)
PETA member goes to throw paint on a fur-coated SpaceWolf miniature.
Realizes owner has already done it.
Quote from: Freyland on January 30, 2017, 12:49:43 PM
PETA member goes to throw paint on a fur-coated SpaceWolf miniature.
Realizes owner has already done it.
now having to stifle laughter in class lest I have to explain it
Considering that for the SW, wolves are more than just pets, it's not like they've killed them to wear them, as much as
these are probably wolves who fell in battle and got the "honor" of being worn (hey, they already do it to humans in the W40K universe).
PETA is going to ask for a Vegan order of Space Marines: Adeptus Tofutus
PLMT-- Plant Lives Matter Too! After all, some of us could be just in a vegetative state. Careful there. Careful. :-X
All Hail Emperor Soybean!
"I'd rather wear nothing at all than buy little toy figurines with fake wolf skin on them! {saucy wink!}"
PETA does have us talking about them...
:smiley6600: :smiley6600:
They demonstrably subscribe to the "no such thing as bad PR" theory. :))
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 30, 2017, 04:13:03 PM
PETA does have us talking about them...
:smiley6600: :smiley6600:
And this is the most interest I've had in 40K in ages.
It's so dark and cool that it's unbelievable! PETA you just saved that pet cat that the families teen was about to skin for his 40k minatures. :P
As a buddy of mine said, wait until they find out about skinning in WoW. :)
I'm going to read The Kaleing by Dan Abnett next.
PETA. ::)
You'll notice they were never complaining about GW's various Chaos forces depicted wearing skinned human faces before, in both 40K and Fantasy lines that have been around for decades.
I'd still tell them to pound more sand into their irritated vaginas, of course.
They're obviously just crying for attention, per usual. Comedic ammunition for the rest of us. O0
My son has become obsessed with Deathwing and is constantly interrogating me about the lore. We've been through the Great Crusade, the Horus Heresy, the death of Sanguinius, the origins of the Death Companies, &c. Come to think of it, I'm glad his school covers the Judaeo-Christian narrative as well as it does lest I be thought a bad parent.
That said, we got round to this grievance and he concluded in short order:
1. The Space Wolves are lunatic Scottish gits not to be disrespected, but who have silly units.
2. They ought to wear kilts.
3. They're only wearing the skins of their pet wolves who died in combat and the wolves would have wanted it that way.
He's eight.
Sounds like good parenting to me. O0
Now get that boy a counter trimmer!
Jesus's. If only I had as much time on my hands as the people who run that organisations obviously have I might be able to play more of my games bought and never touched
Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 31, 2017, 03:38:49 PM
Jesus's. If only I had as much time on my hands as the people who run that organisations obviously have I might be able to play more of my games bought and never touched
Or maybe if they'd just play video games, they wouldn't be so uptight all the time.
Dammit. Read the forums? What a novel concept. :(
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 31, 2017, 06:16:06 PM
Dammit. Read the forums? What a novel concept. :(
There he is
Ain't the furst, won't be da last...
#Fakenews
Slitherine reacts in the yesterday patch 1.02 of Scantus Reach with an option to turn of the fur for pink polyester
Quote from: MikeGER on February 01, 2017, 02:31:05 AM
#Fakenews
Slitherine reacts in the yesterday patch 1.02 of Scantus Reach with an option to turn of the fur for pink polyester
Don't laugh, it happened to the Kzinti in the Star Trek The Animated Series.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fkzinti.jpg&hash=deff918d439af3312a29fcdc0bcd6eaca12f2df7)
Quote from: bbmike on February 01, 2017, 06:21:40 AM
Quote from: MikeGER on February 01, 2017, 02:31:05 AM
#Fakenews
Slitherine reacts in the yesterday patch 1.02 of Scantus Reach with an option to turn of the fur for pink polyester
Don't laugh, it happened to the Kzinti in the Star Trek The Animated Series.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fkzinti.jpg&hash=deff918d439af3312a29fcdc0bcd6eaca12f2df7)
Those filthy Cat-eople were wearing fur.
They were such animals!
:))
I loved blowing them up in Star Fleet Battles.
And wearing their furs afterwards.
Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2017, 11:17:37 AM
I loved blowing them up in Star Fleet Battles.
I loved ramming people in the SFC series with them. Full ESGs ahead!
Quote from: Nefaro on February 01, 2017, 11:18:46 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2017, 11:17:37 AM
I loved blowing them up in Star Fleet Battles.
I loved ramming people in the SFC series with them. Full ESGs ahead!
also fun
Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2017, 11:17:37 AM
I loved blowing them up in Star Fleet Battles.
You must have been using house rules because the Kzinti were
extremely powerful with their drones.
Quote from: bbmike on February 01, 2017, 11:21:34 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2017, 11:17:37 AM
I loved blowing them up in Star Fleet Battles.
You must have been using house rules because the Kzinti were extremely powerful with their drones.
Except against my Lyran ESGs.
MUAHAHahaah!! *evil cat laugh*
It's been so long since I played SFB I can't honestly remember. I was probably the one whose ships were getting blown up :P
Tholian web m-er f-ers.
Quote from: Cyrano on February 01, 2017, 11:40:29 AM
Tholian web m-er f-ers.
Heh. I do remember hating the Tholians.
The Emperor is not amused at your heretical thread derailment.
The Emperor would hate Tholians too.
Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2017, 11:51:24 AM
The Emperor would hate Tholians too.
And get his ass kicked by the Kzinti.
The Cat People shouldn't be using lasers. Don't they know what happens? :hide:
Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2017, 11:51:24 AM
The Emperor would hate Tholians too.
And the Gorn.
Fuck them and their homing plasma torpedoes, too. >:(
It is amazing the painful, annoying, BS weapon system the guys in ADB dreamed up based on a single episode or, in a case or two, a single reference in a True Star Trek episode.
I am utterly convinced I would have been a lot more into SFB at the time were it not for my best friend at the time...he had just about all the SFB stuff and always, always chose the thrice-damned Gorn ships with their homing torpedoes. Frustrated the hell out of me, so much so I never wanted anything to do with it again.
Not that it mattered, I didn't have any other friends that played it.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 01, 2017, 07:38:23 PM
Not that it mattered, I didn't have any other friends.
ftfy
(click)
It's a record. I saw that coming before I even clicked 'Post.' ::)
One of the guys who runs the big SFB games at GenCon has been playing pretty much only SFB for 30 years.
The Emperor finds his loyalty praiseworthy.
I tried to convince him to try Car Wars once and he told me it was all the complexity of SFB with none of the satisfaction. Given that we attempted to use Steve's ridiculous car rolling/physics rules in that particular game, I was hard put to contradict him.
Reaper Minis has the perfect response...
https://www.facebook.com/ReaperMini/photos/a.231594338056.132902.209356218056/10154963062273057/?type=3&theater
QuoteWith all the kerfluffle going on regarding fur on miniatures, we here at Reaper Miniatures would like to issue a brief statement regarding this deeply troubling issue.
We take this matter very seriously. We love our animal friends very much. This is why we have never, ever sculpted real fur onto any of our models. All fur depicted on any Reaper miniature is 100% synthetic "faux" fur. Any other type of fur depictions would just be irresponsible and unethical.
In the same vein, none of the leather textures on our models should be construed as leather, rather they should be interpreted as Naugahyde, or simply pleather. Nor should any flesh be considered flesh, but Soylent Green.
Again, we appreciate your time and thank you for your support.
(https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16473165_10154963062273057_4147697356968386656_n.jpg?oh=23c4ca568b635f1186b1759ab385d613&oe=5905A742)
^brilliant!
I know that guy. He's a Greeter at my local Wal-Mart. Furs included.
Reaper is in for it now. That figure features human skulls and a wooden mace, which will garner the ire of PETH and PETT (people for the ethical treatment of Humans / Trees). Also, that doesn't look like astroturf he is standing on , so expect to hear from PETG as well.
This message brought to you by PETE (people for the ethical treatment of electrons...many of whom selflessly died to create this post. Remember them).
Jack Nastyface
You forgot PETP. People for the Ethical Treatment of Paint.
Speaking of 40K...
Kinda been getting the itch to do some Dark Heresy 2nd Ed. on the tabletop. I wonder if RP'ing burning the flesh off heretics would be protest worthy too?
Because nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!
Too bad we can't get any traction for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Other People
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2017, 09:55:50 PM
Too bad we can't get any traction for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Other People
Eh, we have a bunch of churches for that. But they're too passe for PETA. ;)
Despite being a La Bataille kinda guy, all the 40k RPG stuff from FFG struck me as far too much futz for what it was.
Ran an inquisition campaign not long ago using Savage Worlds and it went well. Just doesn't handle the full-on 40k combat well, but neither, frankly did Dark Heresy.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fl48YXCW.jpg&hash=a214f6b6d5fef7f20861225732a318168373d0e6)
a recent statement from PETA.
who knows if this is post-hoc ret-conning or not
QuoteWe're laughing, too! For the cost of a postage stamp, our website has received record traffic – and the people who were prompted to visit our site by this story can't have missed the prominently featured eyewitness footage showing that animals in real life are electrocuted, drowned, and sometimes even skinned alive for their fur.
Here's a little secret: we know that Warhammer characters are fictional, and we're not losing sleep worrying about what Leman Russ or the other miniatures are "wearing". We are, however, lying awake at night thinking of ways to make people aware that real animals who are raised for their fur, skin, or flesh are suffering every day. We'll sleep a little more easily tonight knowing that we've managed to get nearly a quarter of a million people (and counting!) to visit PETA.org.uk in the days since we sent our letter, because – whatever their reason for doing so – they'll now know more about the cruelty behind fur.
So by all means, have a laugh at this campaign – you can even laugh at us – but please remember that the fur industry is a living hell for animals. If that bothers you, and it should, please share our fur exposés with your friends and family.
As predicted, they're just good at getting attention by doing stupid / scandalous things -- for a good cause. ::)