GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Queeg on February 01, 2017, 04:59:46 PM

Title: Wartile
Post by: Queeg on February 01, 2017, 04:59:46 PM
Anyone heard of this upcoming title?  Apparently set for Steam Early Access soon. 

Could it possibly be as good as it looks?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404200/
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: Freyland on February 01, 2017, 06:22:10 PM
Beautiful eye candy, but not sure what sets it assist from any other turn based strategy. Also, from what was shown in the Alpha, maps look fairly small.
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: acctingman on February 01, 2017, 06:55:57 PM
Thinking Tabletop Simulator would be a better option since there are already quite a few user created mods
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: ArizonaTank on March 19, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
I decided to hit the buy button on early access.  Very hard game, but definitely has promise.  Still, I can't get past the 3rd mission, so will set aside...waiting for it to be tweaked some more.
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: Tpek on March 19, 2017, 05:47:29 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on March 19, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
I decided to hit the buy button on early access.  Very hard game, but definitely has promise.  Still, I can't get past the 3rd mission, so will set aside...waiting for it to be tweaked some more.

You can try to replay old missions in order to level up your heroes (and possibly acquire some better equipment).
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: KyzBP on March 19, 2017, 08:16:03 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on March 19, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
I decided to hit the buy button on early access.  Very hard game, but definitely has promise.  Still, I can't get past the 3rd mission, so will set aside...waiting for it to be tweaked some more.

It looks turn based but I keep seeing RTS in the reviews and description; can you weigh in on that, AZ?
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: ArizonaTank on March 19, 2017, 11:46:03 AM
Quote from: Tpek on March 19, 2017, 05:47:29 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on March 19, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
I decided to hit the buy button on early access.  Very hard game, but definitely has promise.  Still, I can't get past the 3rd mission, so will set aside...waiting for it to be tweaked some more.

You can try to replay old missions in order to level up your heroes (and possibly acquire some better equipment).

A good thought...but playing the same mission over and over again, just to level up is what I spent my precious youth doing on the original EverQuest so long ago...  Don't really have the time or patience for that now...  I'd rather wait.
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: ArizonaTank on March 19, 2017, 11:53:11 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on March 19, 2017, 08:16:03 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on March 19, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
I decided to hit the buy button on early access.  Very hard game, but definitely has promise.  Still, I can't get past the 3rd mission, so will set aside...waiting for it to be tweaked some more.

It looks turn based but I keep seeing RTS in the reviews and description; can you weigh in on that, AZ?

Actually there is an interesting hybrid mechanic that I kind of like.  You plot your move like turn based games.  Then your figures move, and as soon as you are done, the enemy goes right away.  There is a timed mandatory pause before you can give your next orders.  If you don't give them soon enough, the enemy will move again without waiting for you.  It moves along like an RTS, but I don't feel rushed.  The mandatory pause is enough for me to gather my wits...do situational awareness and decide where to move.  It works pretty well for me...but twitch jockeys would probably hate it. 
Title: Re: Wartile
Post by: KyzBP on March 19, 2017, 12:53:13 PM
Thanks AZ.  This may be the first buy of 2017.