GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Hartford688 on February 07, 2017, 01:15:05 PM

Title: Inquisitor!
Post by: Hartford688 on February 07, 2017, 01:15:05 PM
For those into Warhammer 40K and inquisitors in particular:

http://www.pcgamer.com/warhammer-40000-inquisitor-martyr-public-alpha-is-coming-this-week/

Just busy reading my first ever 40K book - Abnett's Eisenhorn Xenos...
Title: Re: Inquisitor!
Post by: Nefaro on February 09, 2017, 09:51:27 AM
We've needed a Diablo-style 40K action RPG for awhile.

That it's being done by Neocore is a bit of mixed concern for me.   I suppose they've gained experience in the genre with their Van Helsing series, but I wasn't enamored by how the action felt in those.  At least this one will have a much better theme.
Title: Re: Inquisitor!
Post by: Gusington on February 09, 2017, 10:14:39 AM
Neocore's great shining moment was the original King Arthur game.
Title: Re: Inquisitor!
Post by: FlickJax on February 09, 2017, 10:33:52 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2017, 10:14:39 AM
Neocore's great shining moment was the original King Arthur game.

Yeah that was good, went down hill from there.
Title: Re: Inquisitor!
Post by: Gusington on February 09, 2017, 10:38:43 AM
^I loved it but could never win King Arthur. Never played the sequel. I played the original Van Helsing and it was ok, nothing really to write home to Mom about.
Title: Re: Inquisitor!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 09, 2017, 10:50:53 AM
Sequel to King Arthur was a great disappointment. Instead of expanding upon the strategic portion of the game, they scaled it back and placed greater emphasis on story and RPG elements. It was a totally different game with lackluster results.

Anyway, I should get the alpha code tomorrow, so look for impressions.