GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on February 08, 2017, 11:04:31 PM

Title: PC games streamed phone in £12 VR headset,& using Head tracking
Post by: gameleaper on February 08, 2017, 11:04:31 PM
I may have a slow update on my phone because I'm using an old PC and an old phone, the PC is running the game aswell as streaming it, but a faster PC may be better.

Ok, I looked into VR, I never realy got into this before, but after seeing some of the videos I decided to look into it.

after researching I found Oculas to be best it has a steam libruary of cheap games and is powerfull, but you still need a powerfull games PC, the vive was difficult to setup because of needing a full room and a powerfull games PC, the PS4 was easy setup but limited to a few PS4 games but its cheap especialy if you have a Ps4 already. all these are expensive, but the windows 10 VR coming soon is cheap and has outward looking motion detection not needing sensers or cameras etc... so I would say this is the one to have.

Now I looked at budget headsets for as little as £12 , I bought a £30 one to have a better experience, next I downloaded some apps on my iPhone, yes they were basic but not to bad, so I proceded and fond you can stream PC games to the iPhone, the server app on your PC is free, the iPhone app is £10, but you can try it for free, the app is called "Kinoni Streamer", after playing with it it was easy to get it going, the mouse control has 3 options you have to use 1 and 3 not 1 and 2 as I thought, and the mouse still didn't work until I chose the bottom option to be on for image duplication , don't know why but you need it to control the mouse with the phone, but damb it was a reliable connection to the PC it worked fine, I used some other apps but the conection kept disconnecting.

now I didn't know about VR so I bought some steam VR games, and found My phone could not control them because they use oculas or vive etc.. controlers to move etc... now I though if the phone was moving the mouse all I needed was ordinary games with mouselook, and I ran spintires and it worked , I found the screen was not updating as fast as Id liked, but you can do things like lower the res I belive,

I found I have a VR game project cars that use mouslook to control the VR environment, so I'm installing now, when you buy a VR game from steam check what input it uses, if its mouse, you can probably use your phone to control it.

as the screen is slow at updating I believe older mouslook games may work better, then I saw the star wars bundle on humble bundle, so grabed them.

you can get free VR games and demoes of steam, and buy older mouselook games, for £10 if you have a phone you could play with VR, you can even try it for free but it stops after a while. there is an android version .

you may be able to stream movies etc.. not tried yet, but the desktop is streamed to the phone, so the phone has desktop power

I have a very old iPhone so wifi may be slow for me. you can also try VR on your phone without a headset by closing one eye and looking at one screen