https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740950241
QuoteRelease date: Feb 16, 2017
Assess, Plan, Order, and React – The Decisions are Yours!
Command Ops 2 is a wargame engine that lets you assess, plan, order and react at the operational level just like a real Corps, Division and Brigade commander.
What sets Command Ops 2 apart from the competition is the most advanced and realistic model of command decision-making implemented to date in a commercial wargame. It is based on:
* Hi-fidelity modeling of continuous time and space;
* Realistic command structure and process;
* Macro management; and
* Orders delay.
For that, Command Ops 2 is different than any other simulation wargame: no hexes, no turns, no micro management, no click fests. That is why it is in a way simpler and more fun to play but at the same time more challenging, because it makes you command like Commanders do.
Command Ops sports some of the most advanced and impressive AI ever devised in an operational-level wargame. It is your choice whether to manage every detail of your army or have the friendly AI manage the war on a lower level while you plan the larger scale maneuvers designed to make short work of your enemy. Just as a historical commander, you can choose where you need to step in and when you need to stand back and let your subordinates do their jobs.
The enemy AI will use its skill to launch well-timed and coordinated strikes as it probes your lines for weakness while realistically reacting to your movements! In addition, for the enthusiastic mod community awaiting Command Ops, powerful tools like MapMaker and ScenMaker allow for the creation of maps and scenarios further adding to already near limitless replayability.
Command Ops 2 game application has a new user interface (UI) and enhanced artificial intelligence (AI). The smartest and most realistic operational level wargame just got a whole lot better. Command like a real commander in this pausable, continuous time simulation of WW2 operational warfare, where the emphasis is on planning, anticipating and reacting to enemy developments. This is not a click-fest, and you don't have to issue orders to every unit. The world's smartest operational level AI can be trusted to do a reasonable job of managing your forces. Also included are the editors ( MapMaker, EstabMaker, EstabEditor, and ScenMaker ) for modifying or developing your own scenarios. The Core comes with three scenarios, including the tutorial Return to St Vith, Manhay Crossroads, and Greyhound Dash, all focussed on the Epic 1944 Battle of the Bulge.
* Realistic command decision-making at the operational level
* Assess, plan, order and react just like a real Corps, Division, and Brigade Commander
* No hexes, no turns, no micro management, no click fests
* One of the most advanced commercial AI opponents ever developed
* A contender for the best AI in any wargame
* The AI can manage subordinate commanders and handle micromanagement
* Automated bridge building
* Advanced force allocation algorithms to keep your army balanced and sharp
* Multiple force group structures to enable cross attachments and different ways of displaying the order of battle
* Reaction and reassessment code for smarter responses from both the enemy and friendly AI
* Scheduling code to better manage the sequencing of tasks
* Multiple route finding algorithms so units can rush to battle but become exposed, avoid enemy firepower,
stick to covered terrain or take a safe but slow route
* Formation movement code, including phase lines
* Enhanced sighting code
* Enhanced basing code
* Intuitive powerful interface
* Configurable Interface layout. Just drag dialogs to where you want them and it remembers the layout for next time.
* Multiple Screen Support so you can position your dialogs on your second monitor.
* Clear and concise tutorial movie to get you up to speed
* Order options give you more control including attacks, bypasses, ambushes, stragglers, basing, retaking of position,
avoiding friendlies, rest at night etc.
* Automate units and let the cutting edge AI manage smaller units while you concentrate on the big picture
* Order timing controls to coordinate tasks
* Order supply level settings so you can set resupply priorities
* Order of battle display to help you organize your forces
* Estab Data views to access weapon and vehicle performance data
* Plan dialog so you can see all your orders at a glance
* Fire Support dialog so you can manage your heavy hitters (artillery)
* Reinforcement dialog so you can manage your new arrivals
* Supply Arrival dialog so you can see what resupply you are getting
* Filtered Message Log
* Auto Save
* Interactive Recordings that you can replay and, at any point, change your orders to try out new courses of action
* Map patterns now change with the weather
* Pathing tools provide estimate of duration
* Tons of Replayability - many scenario options, including multiple random reinforcement schedules
* Extensive unit, vehicle and weapon estabs, including German, American, British and Italian forces
* Full construction set includes editors to create units, equipment, ammo and formations (EstabEditor); maps
(MapMaker) and scenarios (ScenMaker) for any battle.
* An Estab Editor to modify or create Forces, Equipment, Ammo, Formations, etc.
* Mod various aspects of the game, including map patterns and victory messages.
* Utilize a big range of force lists for rapid scenario creation
* Situation Awareness Maps for easy scenario selection.
* and many other features.
enjoy!
Steam availability might convince me to take the plunge on this one finally. My main issue is how much I have invested in the game from back in the day to now. I cringe at dropping all that coin again.
THAT'S NEXT WEEK!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Of even more importance to me:
Quote from: LnLPWe do plan on offering Steam Keys but we will not most likely have it on release day. We will update you when we know more.
I can wait. I can wait...
Any mention if you own or buy through the company if you get steam keys? Or it's one or the other?
I'm not sure I understand the question. They're going to offer Steam Keys soon (but not next week probably) to those of us who already own the game through LnL.
There's also this from PantherDave: "Yes you can buy safely from LNL store. All our products will be sold at both LNL and on Steam." Not sure that answers your question either yet.
Yes, I was asking if I was an existing owner, would I receive a free steam key....and if I am a new owner and decide to purchase directly from the company (not steam), would I also get a steam key besides the company site version?
Steam page is up:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/521800
Quote from: Raied on February 14, 2017, 04:10:31 AM
Steam page is up:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/521800
Command Ops 2 Available Feb, 15, 2017 @ 10:00 am PST
I remain unreasonably excited by this! :D
(I've been supporting them since back with HTTR, and I have never once played more than twenty seconds of any of their games. Including ComOps 2, all the opening modules of which I bought.)
The game is a good one for serious wargamers. I have had significant problems with the font sizes with Windows 10 however...I hope they fix this for the Steam edition since I have stopped playing this game due to the issue...
All of the wargames that create their own shell seem to have this issue and its frustrating. Command is the only game I have seen attack this issue and they have only partially successful. I have given up playing a lot of games on smaller laptops because of it.
Hi Guys,
I am ashamed to say I only ever had the first iteration of this and never really played it, my bad.
Of all the current scenarios available which is your favourite? I am gonna give it another try but can only afford one for now.
Quote from: FlickJax on February 15, 2017, 03:56:27 AM
Hi Guys,
I am ashamed to say I only ever had the first iteration of this and never really played it, my bad.
Of all the current scenarios available which is your favourite? I am gonna give it another try but can only afford one for now.
Just remember the core game is free which comes with a couple scenarios. Before you buy one or more of the modules, you may want to try the free stuff first to ensure you like it.
Also looks active for download and sale now. Just as it's been all along for me, too expensive to get all the modules for how much time I would get out if it. I know I don't need them all, but usually I go all in or not at all. Noticed the commander packs don't seem like their available on steam yet, if they ever plan to include them.
Although people reporting the core game install is missing files at the moment....
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 15, 2017, 05:24:59 AM
Although people reporting the core game install is missing files at the moment....
I have this issue as well.
Quote from: Raied on February 14, 2017, 04:10:31 AM
Steam page is up:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/521800
The base game is free and seven of the DLC are priced at 20% off as follows:
Command Ops 2: Highway to the Reich Vol. 1 -
$29.99 -20% = $23.99
Command Ops 2: Foothills of the Gods Vol. 2-
$34.99 -20% = $27.99
Command Ops 2: Ride of the Valkyries Vol. 3 -
$29.99 -20% = $23.99
Command Ops 2: Bastogne Vol. 4 -
$29.99 -20% = $23.99
Command Ops 2: The Cauldron Vol. 5-
$34.99 -20% = $27.99
Command Ops 2: Knock On All Doors Vol. 6 -
$29.99 -20% = $23.99
Command Ops 2: Westwall Vol. 7 -
$29.99 -20% = $23.99
Command Ops 2: Patton's Charge Vol. 8 - N/A
Total for 7 DLC:
$175.93
i bought their whole catalog shortly before they left matrix/slitherine - i love their approach and the games look like fun but i never got into playing... that whole OODA loop thing is pretty exciting but i'm missing something. dunno what but still, i'd like to support them and i'd spend my money if i had anything left... ;) i guess, someday i'll try their demo or better, i'll play the full version of their matrix bulge game! :D wish them good luck, though...
cheers!
Ride of the Valkyries covers the Battle of the Bulge. Why do they have a separate Bastogne DLC?
Edit: NM. They have THREE Bulge DLC's!
The Core comes with three scenarios, including the tutorial Return to St Vith, Manhay Crossroads, and Greyhound Dash, all focussed on the Epic 1944 Battle of the Bulge.
Ride of the Valkyries - Contains 12 scenarios.
Bastogne - Contains 12 scenarios.
Knock on all Doors - is a 12 scenario module
= 39 scenarios (3 of them are FREE!)
the original matrixgames 'Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge':
27 scenarios, covering initial German offensive and American counter-attack
= 27 premium, never to be bought again, limited collector items/scenarios!
Surely all those scenarios from ComOps 1 Bulge aren't missing from the three+core packs??
By the way, the coming 8th expansion will also feature more Bulge fighting (though not exclusively).
too sad, my purse is missing a bulge...
but i guess co2 isn't missing any of that co1 bulge goodness - otherwise my eyes would start to bulge!
(co2 - the bulge simulator) ;)
"COps2: Bulge Simulator 2017"
I dare someone to add that as a review on Steam. :D
A question for you old hands. How well do you think the AI does combined arms? Are infantry with cover a threat to unescorted enemy armor in close quarters? Do infantry and armor need each other in various situations?
Dongle...... Bulge...
Good lord save me
Anyway combined arms are very important. Attack is measured in terms of anti-personnel and anti armory. So having a mix will make your pushes more consistent. Especially attacking towns, long range tanks suppressing a town make all the difference in pushing with an assault force of mechanised and infantry
Also hidden infantry will bork your tanks. There's a mission in CO1, the one in the initial attack of rocherath krinkelt. Single infantry units hidden in the trees along the path will cause mayhem.
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 15, 2017, 12:32:52 PM
Surely all those scenarios from ComOps 1 Bulge aren't missing from the three+core packs??
By the way, the coming 8th expansion will also feature more Bulge fighting (though not exclusively).
The info I have on 8th module, Patton's Charge, is that it covers the dash across France (Metz, Lorraine etc.) and towards Germany (not Bulge, already covered) with lesser unit density on large maps.
My information included some more Bulge fighting.
"Patton's Charge will cover the more significant battles of this famous campaign, including Operation Nordwind, Nancy, Metz, the Saar and the Lorraine. It will also cover the Huertgen Forest battles just north of the Ardennes."
Patton's original goal was to hit the Westwall south of the Ardennes, also listed, but in either case he was dealing with Wacht Am Rhein by the time he got there, and indeed was the first main general to start anti-WaR operations (having already told his subordinates to start shifting in that direction when he departed to meet with Eisenhower and the front commanders).
I don't see how the latter part of this package couldn't be more operations against the Bulge. Heck, Patton was one of the original coiners of the nickname!
Quote from: Ubercat on February 15, 2017, 03:38:34 PM
A question for you old hands. How well do you think the AI does combined arms? Are infantry with cover a threat to unescorted enemy armor in close quarters? Do infantry and armor need each other in various situations?
To support Hof's fine reply: this system
lives on combined arms. Infantry companies by themselves (during latter war maneuvers anyway) are rated as very good anti-armor. So they can hit from ambush at short range, like in cities and forests. Tanks protect them from anti-personnel fire at long range, and provide mobile direct arty fire (in effect) for suppression during assaults on softer targets. Infantry protects armor from other infantry at close range, and screening at medium range.
You will plotz. O0
Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out a new way to learn the system (and by the way this version of the game signally lacks good tutorials as part of its package, despite a "tutorial" battle, relying on Youtube help). The game, as far as I can tell so far, still doesn't easily allow players to work at battalion command level receiving orders and operating at such limited scales. Or even at the brigade level giving command to battalions (unless the scenario simply limits the map to a bat vs bat fight.) The solution so far seems to be to load the scenario, find the ultimate HQ for your side, give a general instruction to 'go here' or 'do this', and then subsequently ignore what else is going on to focus on moving your battalion and its companies around -- which pretty much means also running the scenario at instant or near-instant delay, because the engine will still be operating as though you're passing commands along from the uppermost level, not as though you're generating commands at the local level.
I'm thinking about getting this but I can't find a list of included scenarios, and I already own the Matrix games (HTTR & BFTB).
(I even bought HTTR 2 times : the standalone version and the DLC version for BFTB)
I don't want to buy the 4 DLC's to find out I end up with the same scenarios.
These are included with the Matrix versions :
BFTB
Tutorial Return to St Vith.cos
Advance to the Sure.cos
Assault on the Sauer.cos
Bastogne Breakout.cos
Battered Bastards.cos
Battle of the Roadblocks.cos
Cracking the Goose Egg.cos
Dinant - Do or Die.cos
Eddy's Riposte.cos
Elsenborn Ridge.cos
Final Jump.cos
Greyhound Dash.cos
Hell on Wheels Counterattack.cos
Höfen Ho-Down.cos
Losheim Gap.cos
Manhay Crossroads.cos
Mayhem on the Meuse.cos
Nobody Comes Back.cos
Patton's Favorite.cos
Peiper Crosses the Meuse.cos
Peiper's Race for the Meuse.cos
Race for Bastogne.cos
Skorzeny's Bid for Glory.cos
Spearhead v. Reich.cos
Stuck in the Teeth.cos
We Fight and Die Here.cos
Widening the Corridor.cos
HTTR
All American over Nijmegen.cos
Arnhem-Second Wave.cos
Big Chill Breakout.cos
Breakout from Joe's Bridge.cos
From the Muese to the Rhine.cos
Joe's Bridge.cos
Keeping the Island Afloat.cos
Molenhoek Counter-Attack.cos
Mook Right Hook.cos
Operation Garden Final Phase.cos
Red Devils Over Arnhem.cos
Screaming Eagles over Hell's Highway.cos
Terror of the Tyne Tees.cos
If someone could confirm whether these are the same or different that would help me a lot in my decision.
Trying to find a mission list online for any of the modules is highly frustrating. Is something like Fight-Club rules in effect??
I have the first five modules at home currently uninstalled (I think), but obviously can't access them here.
That said, the mission count for ComOps2:HTTR is equal to the number in the previous iteration, and the ComOps 2 engine is really more of a quality of life upgrade (and, well, a distinct product that LnL can sell instead of Matrix. ;) ) So I fully expect those are the same missions.
Similarly, I fully expect the ComOps 1 Bulge set is represented somewhere in the current modules, but probably not all in the same module
I expect The Foothills material is exactly what was released as ComOps1: Battle for Greece -- nineteen missions either way and the general descriptions are exactly similar. The Cauldron should, from the description, be what was intended to be the next expansion to fill out that list, except Panther moved to LnL. Originally 15 missions were known about, and now there are 20. Compared to the 15 planned mission list at wikipedia, my guess is that more missions about the Afrika Korps are included. Whether those two put together include all the Airborne Assault: CotA missions, I don't know yet.
Okay, I did stumble across a Westwall list. They are all new scenarios, although some of them (naturally) seem to use maps from earlier scenarios, (e.g. it would be weird if "Nightmare at Nimjegen" didn't use at least part of an earlier Nimjegen map.) They start before the Bulge, and run up to after the start of the Bulge. The ones after the start may be hypotheticals on the theory that Wacht Am Rhein was deferred or delayed, I don't know for sure.
Knock on All Doors is also totally new, essentially six missions each with a variant. This is all Bulge material, but on a larger scale than normal.
Full description for KoAD missions can be read here: http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/knock-on-all-doors-koad-is-on-the-way.2109/
Three of the ComOps1 Bulge scenarios come free with the core game.
There is evidently a list of Bulge scenarios and what expansion they're found in, here at this link if you've got a forum registration (otherwise no view/dl): http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/bulge-scenarios-in-chronological-order.1249/
I have now seen official statements to the effect that Ride of the Valks and Bastogne, between them, include the ComOps1 Bulge scenarios converted (as might be deductively expected from the data above), but not whether there were extra scenarios in either new set.
So in conclusion Pete:
1.) HTTR, all the same scenarios as ComOps 1. No need to rebuy except that these will be patched if there are problems.
2.) Valk and Bast (and Core) = ComOps 1 Bulge. Unsure if they have a few new scenarios.
3.) Foothills = ComOps 1 Greece, which was part of CotA. If you have this ComOps1 module, no need to bother.
4.) Cauldron = the remaining Conquest of the Aegean more or less. This was never released for ComOps 1. Still unsure if Foot + Cauld converts all of CotA and/or if they include a few new scenarios.
5.) Westwall = all new scenarios, in the autumn up to Bulge, until after Bulge start.
6.) Knock = all new scenarios, set in the first one or two days of the Bulge.
7.) Patton = all new scenarios on the way, across Patton's southern France drive, up into the Bulge apparently (but not many of those).
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 16, 2017, 03:17:40 PM
So in conclusion Pete:
1.) HTTR, all the same scenarios as ComOps 1. No need to rebuy except that these will be patched if there are problems.
2.) Valk and Bast (and Core) = ComOps 1 Bulge. Unsure if they have a few new scenarios.
3.) Foothills = ComOps 1 Greece, which was part of CotA. If you have this ComOps1 module, no need to bother.
4.) Cauldron = the remaining Conquest of the Aegean more or less. This was never released for ComOps 1. Still unsure if Foot + Cauld converts all of CotA and/or if they include a few new scenarios.
5.) Westwall = all new scenarios
6.) Knock = all new scenarios
7.) Patton = all new scenarios on the way.
Thank you for this (saved me some money)
Any word/update yet on steam keys for prior owners?
Quote from: Ubercat on February 15, 2017, 03:38:34 PM
A question for you old hands. How well do you think the AI does combined arms? Are infantry with cover a threat to unescorted enemy armor in close quarters? Do infantry and armor need each other in various situations?
Ran across this pdf at LnL, which is freely downloadable from there without registering. It's a 30 page highly illustrated and annotated AAR (possibly the best I've ever seen!) for the first day of the tutorial scenario, recently uploaded there to help new players. It addresses UCat's question in several ways.
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-return-to-st-vith-tutorial-aar-part-1-pages-1-30.85/
The pdf runs a little over 71 Megabytes.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2017, 03:43:02 PM
Any word/update yet on steam keys for prior owners?
Nothing yet.
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 16, 2017, 04:37:08 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on February 15, 2017, 03:38:34 PM
A question for you old hands. How well do you think the AI does combined arms? Are infantry with cover a threat to unescorted enemy armor in close quarters? Do infantry and armor need each other in various situations?
Ran across this pdf at LnL, which is freely downloadable from there without registering. It's a 30 page highly illustrated and annotated AAR (possibly the best I've ever seen!) for the first day of the tutorial scenario, recently uploaded there to help new players. It addresses UCat's question in several ways.
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-return-to-st-vith-tutorial-aar-part-1-pages-1-30.85/
The pdf runs a little over 71 Megabytes.
Yeah Daz has done some amazing work on CO2.
His AAR on the Elsenborn ridge Scenario is still in my estimation the gold standard and what finally mad me achieve a decisive victory for the Axis (my humblebrag here!) in this very complex scenario. The first couple of pages of the AAR are big picture but important as well especially how arty is modeled.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3331688&mpage=1&key=
Has anyone got this working on a Win 10 machine?
I downloaded it from LnLP a while ago and tried all the video setting but noting worked. All menus over ran or were blank. Map tears when zooming in and out. Text too small no matter what res I set to...
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Has anyone got this working on a Win 10 machine?
I downloaded it from LnLP a while ago and tried all the video setting but noting worked. All menus over ran or were blank. Map tears when zooming in and out. Text too small no matter what res I set to...
works on my win10 laptop. Check your font size for the text over run, game only works with 96 dpi font setting right now. For blank menu try setting your res on your computer before starting the game and then pick match desktop res when game starts and see if one of the choices works then. Your not the only one, these things were mentioned in the tech thread to work for some people. One of the reasons the Ui was worked on for CO2 is too change this i.e scalable font size, there just not done yet. The text is small, i use windows magnifer myself in full screen mode to zoom in more, not perfect but it is what it is right now.
Quote from: Con on February 16, 2017, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 16, 2017, 04:37:08 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on February 15, 2017, 03:38:34 PM
A question for you old hands. How well do you think the AI does combined arms? Are infantry with cover a threat to unescorted enemy armor in close quarters? Do infantry and armor need each other in various situations?
Ran across this pdf at LnL, which is freely downloadable from there without registering. It's a 30 page highly illustrated and annotated AAR (possibly the best I've ever seen!) for the first day of the tutorial scenario, recently uploaded there to help new players. It addresses UCat's question in several ways.
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-return-to-st-vith-tutorial-aar-part-1-pages-1-30.85/
The pdf runs a little over 71 Megabytes.
Yeah Daz has done some amazing work on CO2.
His AAR on the Elsenborn ridge Scenario is still in my estimation the gold standard and what finally mad me achieve a decisive victory for the Axis (my humblebrag here!) in this very complex scenario. The first couple of pages of the AAR are big picture but important as well especially how arty is modeled.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3331688&mpage=1&key=
Elsenborn is the biggest pain. I only got a minor victory just by ignoring Rocherath and pushing like mad down the south
Quote from: Hofstadter on February 16, 2017, 10:53:23 PM
Quote from: Con on February 16, 2017, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 16, 2017, 04:37:08 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on February 15, 2017, 03:38:34 PM
A question for you old hands. How well do you think the AI does combined arms? Are infantry with cover a threat to unescorted enemy armor in close quarters? Do infantry and armor need each other in various situations?
Ran across this pdf at LnL, which is freely downloadable from there without registering. It's a 30 page highly illustrated and annotated AAR (possibly the best I've ever seen!) for the first day of the tutorial scenario, recently uploaded there to help new players. It addresses UCat's question in several ways.
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-return-to-st-vith-tutorial-aar-part-1-pages-1-30.85/
The pdf runs a little over 71 Megabytes.
Yeah Daz has done some amazing work on CO2.
His AAR on the Elsenborn ridge Scenario is still in my estimation the gold standard and what finally mad me achieve a decisive victory for the Axis (my humblebrag here!) in this very complex scenario. The first couple of pages of the AAR are big picture but important as well especially how arty is modeled.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3331688&mpage=1&key=
Elsenborn is the biggest pain. I only got a minor victory just by ignoring Rocherath and pushing like mad down the south
Here was sort of my check list
Sweep the forest clear - takes time (2+ days) but you dont want allied stragglers takign key roadblock positions on you and disrupting your supplies
Concentrate and micromanage your arty - move it up so it is always in range to support attacks and stonk the crap out of any key areas you are attacking in the narrow forest roads
Take the south route and concentrate on getting the units to exit in time
check what the exit calls for you will see that you can detach some armor from the exit units and not lose vp exit points. I take the heavy armor and re attach them to hqs and let them fight the latter stage battles
Inf in LOS of enemy need to stay dug in and not moving before daylight - keep them in the woods
Get your tanks into good open LOS over Rocherath - They need to annihilate the allied reinforcements that flood in from this direction
move fast at night push hard in the south the first two days
Good luck its a tough one
Con
Quote from: -budd- on February 16, 2017, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Has anyone got this working on a Win 10 machine?
I downloaded it from LnLP a while ago and tried all the video setting but noting worked. All menus over ran or were blank. Map tears when zooming in and out. Text too small no matter what res I set to...
works on my win10 laptop. Check your font size for the text over run, game only works with 96 dpi font setting right now. For blank menu try setting your res on your computer before starting the game and then pick match desktop res when game starts and see if one of the choices works then. Your not the only one, these things were mentioned in the tech thread to work for some people. One of the reasons the Ui was worked on for CO2 is too change this i.e scalable font size, there just not done yet. The text is small, i use windows magnifer myself in full screen mode to zoom in more, not perfect but it is what it is right now.
I tried all the screen res setting and the ones that solved the map tear had blank menus... and vise versa... :P
I'll try the 96 dpi font size thing next.
Thanks.
Quote from: Barthheart on February 17, 2017, 07:48:20 AM
Quote from: -budd- on February 16, 2017, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Has anyone got this working on a Win 10 machine?
I downloaded it from LnLP a while ago and tried all the video setting but noting worked. All menus over ran or were blank. Map tears when zooming in and out. Text too small no matter what res I set to...
works on my win10 laptop. Check your font size for the text over run, game only works with 96 dpi font setting right now. For blank menu try setting your res on your computer before starting the game and then pick match desktop res when game starts and see if one of the choices works then. Your not the only one, these things were mentioned in the tech thread to work for some people. One of the reasons the Ui was worked on for CO2 is too change this i.e scalable font size, there just not done yet. The text is small, i use windows magnifer myself in full screen mode to zoom in more, not perfect but it is what it is right now.
I tried all the screen res setting and the ones that solved the map tear had blank menus... and vise versa... :P
I'll try the 96 dpi font size thing next.
Thanks.
but did you try all the rez setting while on your desktop? not in the game menu.Set the rez, then start the game and pick run at desk top resolution, rinse and repeat for the other rez settings. You must run one of those really high resolutions, that seems to be a common thread. Did you try the free steam demo, see if that would work for you. Dave posted once the steam release has died down he'll be back on the patch. Don't know if the font thing is included in that, hope so then i wont have to use the magnifier.
Quote from: -budd- on February 17, 2017, 11:42:42 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 17, 2017, 07:48:20 AM
Quote from: -budd- on February 16, 2017, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Has anyone got this working on a Win 10 machine?
I downloaded it from LnLP a while ago and tried all the video setting but noting worked. All menus over ran or were blank. Map tears when zooming in and out. Text too small no matter what res I set to...
works on my win10 laptop. Check your font size for the text over run, game only works with 96 dpi font setting right now. For blank menu try setting your res on your computer before starting the game and then pick match desktop res when game starts and see if one of the choices works then. Your not the only one, these things were mentioned in the tech thread to work for some people. One of the reasons the Ui was worked on for CO2 is too change this i.e scalable font size, there just not done yet. The text is small, i use windows magnifer myself in full screen mode to zoom in more, not perfect but it is what it is right now.
I tried all the screen res setting and the ones that solved the map tear had blank menus... and vise versa... :P
I'll try the 96 dpi font size thing next.
Thanks.
but did you try all the rez setting while on your desktop? not in the game menu.Set the rez, then start the game and pick run at desk top resolution, rinse and repeat for the other rez settings. You must run one of those really high resolutions, that seems to be a common thread. Did you try the free steam demo, see if that would work for you. Dave posted once the steam release has died down he'll be back on the patch. Don't know if the font thing is included in that, hope so then i wont have to use the magnifier.
Yep I was messing with my screen res as well...
Is the Steam demo any different?
I'll try give it a shot this weekend.
Quote from: Con on February 16, 2017, 07:47:38 PM
Yeah Daz has done some amazing work on CO2.
His AAR on the Elsenborn ridge Scenario is still in my estimation the gold standard and what finally mad me achieve a decisive victory for the Axis (my humblebrag here!) in this very complex scenario. The first couple of pages of the AAR are big picture but important as well especially how arty is modeled.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3331688&mpage=1&key=
For anyone who doesn't know, this is a
planning AAR, for trying to figure out how to give initial orders and a plan schedule on the mission. (ComOps1 version but not likely much different in COps 2.)
It is indeed wonderful, for what it is. O0
Quote from: Barthheart on February 17, 2017, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: -budd- on February 17, 2017, 11:42:42 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 17, 2017, 07:48:20 AM
Quote from: -budd- on February 16, 2017, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Has anyone got this working on a Win 10 machine?
I downloaded it from LnLP a while ago and tried all the video setting but noting worked. All menus over ran or were blank. Map tears when zooming in and out. Text too small no matter what res I set to...
works on my win10 laptop. Check your font size for the text over run, game only works with 96 dpi font setting right now. For blank menu try setting your res on your computer before starting the game and then pick match desktop res when game starts and see if one of the choices works then. Your not the only one, these things were mentioned in the tech thread to work for some people. One of the reasons the Ui was worked on for CO2 is too change this i.e scalable font size, there just not done yet. The text is small, i use windows magnifer myself in full screen mode to zoom in more, not perfect but it is what it is right now.
I tried all the screen res setting and the ones that solved the map tear had blank menus... and vise versa... :P
I'll try the 96 dpi font size thing next.
Thanks.
but did you try all the rez setting while on your desktop? not in the game menu.Set the rez, then start the game and pick run at desk top resolution, rinse and repeat for the other rez settings. You must run one of those really high resolutions, that seems to be a common thread. Did you try the free steam demo, see if that would work for you. Dave posted once the steam release has died down he'll be back on the patch. Don't know if the font thing is included in that, hope so then i wont have to use the magnifier.
Yep I was messing with my screen res as well...
Is the Steam demo any different?
I'll try give it a shot this weekend.
Not sure about the demo, there's only a few win10 problems posted on steam. So far the Steam crowd are pretty reserved in its judgement, surprising. You might also try running in win8 compatibility mode as admin, someone posted it worked for them.
Quote from: -budd- on February 17, 2017, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 17, 2017, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: -budd- on February 17, 2017, 11:42:42 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 17, 2017, 07:48:20 AM
Quote from: -budd- on February 16, 2017, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Has anyone got this working on a Win 10 machine?
I downloaded it from LnLP a while ago and tried all the video setting but noting worked. All menus over ran or were blank. Map tears when zooming in and out. Text too small no matter what res I set to...
works on my win10 laptop. Check your font size for the text over run, game only works with 96 dpi font setting right now. For blank menu try setting your res on your computer before starting the game and then pick match desktop res when game starts and see if one of the choices works then. Your not the only one, these things were mentioned in the tech thread to work for some people. One of the reasons the Ui was worked on for CO2 is too change this i.e scalable font size, there just not done yet. The text is small, i use windows magnifer myself in full screen mode to zoom in more, not perfect but it is what it is right now.
I tried all the screen res setting and the ones that solved the map tear had blank menus... and vise versa... :P
I'll try the 96 dpi font size thing next.
Thanks.
but did you try all the rez setting while on your desktop? not in the game menu.Set the rez, then start the game and pick run at desk top resolution, rinse and repeat for the other rez settings. You must run one of those really high resolutions, that seems to be a common thread. Did you try the free steam demo, see if that would work for you. Dave posted once the steam release has died down he'll be back on the patch. Don't know if the font thing is included in that, hope so then i wont have to use the magnifier.
Yep I was messing with my screen res as well...
Is the Steam demo any different?
I'll try give it a shot this weekend.
Not sure about the demo, there's only a few win10 problems posted on steam. So far the Steam crowd are pretty reserved in its judgement, surprising. You might also try running in win8 compatibility mode as admin, someone posted it worked for them.
Thanks Budd, I'll give that a try too.
Well the new patch has updated the game so that Win 8 now works like Win 10.
(i.e., it's broken in several ways now. :P )
I ABSOLUTELY recommend no one spend money on the DLC until the core game engine is stable across operating systems, since trying to fix something for Win 10 may break Win 8 (for example). Fortunately the core engine is free, so you can track how well the game is working for you that way.
Got to agree with Jason on this. Command Ops 2 has been broken since release for me. I'm surprised that they are going ahead the launch on Steam with such a fundamental issue still in effect. It sounds like more revenue is required in order to fix the problem, but have to wonder about the backlash when a significant number of customers are going to be affected.
Many have posted on the LNL site about the scaling problem. For some unfathomable reason Dave has said this is a "feature request" and can't be pursued at this time.
I no longer play the game since it's impossible to get a common font size.
I have all of the DLC and all previous games since Highway to the Reich and I am very disappointed that a problem as fundamental as this has not been addressed. It shows complete lack of concern for a legitimate customer problem.
I would not buy this game until this problem is clearly fixed...
Hope they get it fixed up, one of my favorite series. I guess im lucky as the only problem i have on Win10 is the text is a bit small at 96dpi. Has anyone here got the steam version or demo to run? Just wondering if anymore briefing maps got added for the steam release. Since there's no steam keys yet maybe ill download the demo and see if it presents any problems for me.
I think they're trying to fix it -- Win 8 was working before (unless I'm misremembering fiddling around with it yesterday and/or earlier this week!)
They just released another hotpatch a few minutes ago. Didn't help me, but I don't know what it was addressing to be fair.
You'll be pleased to know that I'm back doing the situational awareness maps. I've already completed the HTTR maps, next will be Westwall.
Good news, your maps are excellent.
Quote from: Pinetree on February 19, 2017, 12:41:25 AM
You'll be pleased to know that I'm back doing the situational awareness maps. I've already completed the HTTR maps, next will be Westwall.
Awesome, look forward to them :bd:
Okay, I'm on a NDA now for beta testing the engine updates, but I think I can say: there is some real progress being made in dealing with the black-background menu screen.
Also, not related to the beta, all of my resolution problems (i.e. the menu screen not downsizing properly if I wanted to play 768 game res starting from 1080 screen res, plus the font and bar warping at ANY res), were easily solved by resetting my desktop size to 100% instead of 125%.
Now, that fix doesn't help everyone who has such problems, but it's a known fix and helps almost everyone with that problem. Nor did it need the beta to fix: that fix works not only with non-beta COPs2, but (as Tuna has confirmed) with COPs1, and even with COTA and the original HTTR.
The downside is that my eyes are getting old and having the desktop resized to 125% was nice (I might even take it back up to 150%! :hide: ) I have run experiments strongly suggesting (again, not beta work) that adjusting the text sizes for the desktop does not affect the game one bit. But that doesn't help, for example, the text I'm typing right now.
But it's REAALLLY easy to just go back and forth tweaking the desktop magnification, which only requires a logout/login to reset. Also, for some reason I've never had but one game that couldn't adjust to the screen magnification, and that's COPs. So if I only downgrade to 100% occasionally to play the game, I can go back up almost immediately when playing anything else.
Is there some point where the problem occurs? I've been playing the tutorial scenario and not had any issues on my Win10 machine.
If the tutorial works for you I expect the rest will be fine.
If you buy it from Steam getting a refund is an option.
Quote from: Rekim on February 23, 2017, 09:16:27 PM
If the tutorial works for you I expect the rest will be fine.
Agreed! -- although I'm curious whether you've had the non-fatal bug about the Shift-hotkeys not working, Nelmsm. (Doesn't affect game functionality at all, just annoying if you like to learn the hotkeys. Will doubtless be fixed later.)
Just learning the game so havent gotten around to learning the hotkeys yet