GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: mirth on February 23, 2017, 08:32:55 PM

Title: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: mirth on February 23, 2017, 08:32:55 PM
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: Sir Slash on February 23, 2017, 10:05:24 PM
1984? Can it possibly have been that long ago? I must be stuck in a Time Warp somehow.
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: JasonPratt on February 27, 2017, 05:37:35 PM
I'm pretty sure my brother and I got a set of Photon guns and detector straps for Christmas one year. (...and the helmets? Not sure.) I mean, I know we got something of that sort, and I recall it being Photon.

Note to self: I'm even more sure the box is still in my closet on a top shelf somewhere. Should go check that out.
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: trailrunner on February 27, 2017, 05:49:45 PM
Wasn't the Army playing with MILES before then?
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: bayonetbrant on February 27, 2017, 06:06:36 PM
MILES was early 80s when it went live.

They were testing it before then
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 27, 2017, 10:21:26 PM
I read that as 'MILFs'
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: mirth on February 27, 2017, 10:25:26 PM
I've played with MILFs since then 80s.
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: trailrunner on February 28, 2017, 04:51:51 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 27, 2017, 10:25:26 PM
I've played with MILFs since then 80s.

With your light saber?
Title: Re: The Origins of Laser Tag
Post by: bobarossa on February 28, 2017, 01:57:33 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on February 28, 2017, 04:51:51 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 27, 2017, 10:25:26 PM
I've played with MILFs since then 80s.

With your light saber?
I think that's "lightweight saber".