GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on February 24, 2017, 06:37:35 AM

Title: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: MetalDog on February 24, 2017, 06:37:35 AM



Tomorrow night is good old fashioned p&p D&D.  We're coming to the final battle.  Our heroes have been captured by the bad guys lieutenant, who is taking them to the boss.  There's still time for a rescue/escape, but we'll see how resourceful they are.

As for any digital gaming, it'll be some combination of Civ and Medieval 2: TW.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Barthheart on February 24, 2017, 07:42:58 AM
Another great tune MD.  O0

More PBEM Labyrinth with SDR.... damn Terrorists keep toppling governments....  :knuppel2:
More PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns: Reforged with OJsDad... Red Tide starting to wash over the Yanks.  \m/

More solo gaming with my new copy of GMT's Grand Prix. Fun game.

Impatiently waiting for new patch for Civ VI to come out...maybe a couple of weeks yet.... :pullhair:  EDIT - Huh.. it's been released!  <:-) So more Civ VI this weekend.

Maybe try some more World of Warships just to make Tuna happy.  ;)
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2017, 08:13:20 AM
Going into the mountains this weekend so more shooting than gaming. Tonight though, probably some Ghost Recon Wildlands, Syrian Warfare and Galaxy at War.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2017, 07:42:58 AM
Maybe try some more World of Warships just to make Tuna happy.  ;)

I'm slowly getting my collection up to Tier 4, btw.  O0

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2017, 08:13:20 AM
Going into the mountains this weekend so more shooting than gaming. Tonight though, probably some Ghost Recon Wildlands...

Wait, is that out? I thought it wasn't until March!
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:59:12 AM
...oh, wow, the beta reviews are almost uniformly poison. Ouch. Glad I haven't pre-ordered.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Rayfer on February 24, 2017, 09:01:27 AM
Looking forward to getting back into HoI4 with the new patch.
MD....thanks for the return to listenable (is that even a word?) music.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2017, 07:42:58 AM
Maybe try some more World of Warships just to make Tuna happy.  ;)
I'm slowly getting my collection up to Tier 4, btw.  O0

Barth didn't give it much a try! I feel bad baby seal killing but we need to bring new blood into the fold!

Nef, you should've seen the game we were in last night.. We were up 900-300 all three caps.. Jason and I died getting us there.. we had Five healthy ships compared to their three. The buggers lost it!, It was like the Patriots Superbowl all over!.. Torp in the final second lost the game! Even though we were on the losing end, it was hilarious to watch.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Gusington on February 24, 2017, 09:35:37 AM
Soviet Corps (Stalingrad scenario), Battle Academy 2 (Kursk German campaign) and Sniper Eilte 2. Also, Dishonored 2 is on sale ~28.00 this weekend so I am going to jump on that.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 09:52:57 AM
Quote from: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2017, 07:42:58 AM
Maybe try some more World of Warships just to make Tuna happy.  ;)
I'm slowly getting my collection up to Tier 4, btw.  O0

Barth didn't give it much a try! I feel bad baby seal killing but we need to bring new blood into the fold!

Nef, you should've seen the game we were in last night.. We were up 900-300 all three caps.. Jason and I died getting us there.. we had Five healthy ships compared to their three. The buggers lost it!, It was like the Patriots Superbowl all over!.. Torp in the final second lost the game! Even though we were on the losing end, it was hilarious to watch.

It's nearing the weekend now.  There will be even more numerous passive teammates, granted via the matchmaker, losing matches for you.  Despite the valiant efforts of your squad. 
>:D

There's a chance I could drop into Warships this weekend.  Not a guarantee, though.  Still on a digital gaming funk.  Haven't done it a single time since last weekend, and the itch still isn't really there other than the occasional DCS consideration.  Then again, I may have some liquor in me at the end of the evening, changing my capacities for doing much else.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 10:01:08 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 09:52:57 AM
Quote from: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2017, 07:42:58 AM
Maybe try some more World of Warships just to make Tuna happy.  ;)
I'm slowly getting my collection up to Tier 4, btw.  O0

Barth didn't give it much a try! I feel bad baby seal killing but we need to bring new blood into the fold!

Nef, you should've seen the game we were in last night.. We were up 900-300 all three caps.. Jason and I died getting us there.. we had Five healthy ships compared to their three. The buggers lost it!, It was like the Patriots Superbowl all over!.. Torp in the final second lost the game! Even though we were on the losing end, it was hilarious to watch.

It's nearing the weekend now.  There will be even more numerous passive teammates, granted via the matchmaker, losing matches for you.  Despite the valiant efforts of your squad. 
>:D

There's a chance I could drop into Warships this weekend.  Not a guarantee, though.  Still on a digital gaming funk.  Haven't done it a single time since last weekend, and the itch still isn't really there other than the occasional DCS consideration.  Then again, I may have some liquor in me at the end of the evening, changing my capacities for doing much else.

Jason, Panzerde and I are thinking maybe Waterloo tonight.. Get it installed!
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
Quote from: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 10:01:08 AM


Jason, Panzerde and I are thinking maybe Waterloo tonight.. Get it installed!


It IS installed.  Just haven't been in the mood, as with so many others.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Sir Slash on February 24, 2017, 10:19:30 AM
I'm gonna make a run at finishing-up The White March-- Pillars of Eternity and maybe re-visit my R2TW campaign as the Germans.  \m/
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: FarAway Sooner on February 24, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
Stellaris for me this weekend, I think.  After 10-15 hours of play, I'm still getting the hang of that game (e.g., various interface screens I didn't know existed and haven't used yet, but plan to eventually discover).

So far so good, although (especially for an RTS game) combat has been less exciting than the other parts.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2017, 11:49:43 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:59:12 AM
...oh, wow, the beta reviews are almost uniformly poison. Ouch. Glad I haven't pre-ordered.

Most of the negativity is anti-ubisoft/uplay nonsense.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: bbmike on February 24, 2017, 11:52:34 AM
Civilization 6 with the new patch and DLC that just dropped! Also, I will start playtesting Ben Madison's
N: The Napoleonic Wars (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/214758/n-napoleonic-wars) now that I've created a quick and dirty Vassal module for it. Don't worry, I'll print it out as well. I need to hear dice hitting table.  8)
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 11:56:49 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 09:52:57 AMThere will be even more numerous passive teammates, granted via the matchmaker, losing matches for you.  Despite the valiant efforts of your squad. 
>:D

To be fair (and far more hilariously) they were not passive. They were in the game from beginning to end, slugging away. They just didn't quiiiiiiite have a grasp on what to do to put the win away. An increasing number of small errors, and choices that seemed like a good idea at the time.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
Quote from: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 10:01:08 AM


Jason, Panzerde and I are thinking maybe Waterloo tonight.. Get it installed!


It IS installed.  Just haven't been in the mood, as with so many others.

Alternately: MECHWARRIOR ONLINE!  :D Tuna would be great at that.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 24, 2017, 12:12:28 PM
Rise of Flight is my main focus. Going to try it with an xbox controller this time, though.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 12:32:44 PM
Alternately, Nef, we could split the difference and play some boardgames on TTS. A four-way Fire in the Lake game or something like that?
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Father Ted on February 24, 2017, 06:51:14 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on February 24, 2017, 12:12:28 PM
Rise of Flight is my main focus. Going to try it with an xbox controller this time, though.

Not sure that'll work - but even if it does a stick is a much better option.  I use (and have used for 4 years) a T16000.  It's a reasonably-priced, solid piece of kit, has a "twist-stick" rudder control, and enough buttons for RoF.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: jamus34 on February 24, 2017, 07:11:04 PM
Does anyone here run a D&D campaign on TTS?

Been looking to try to get into that again but  I'm not necessarily looking for an in person group.

And it looks like HotS, Witcher 3 and EU4 for me this weekend.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Gusington on February 24, 2017, 07:17:58 PM
^Oooh Witcher 3. I must get back to that soon.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: nelmsm on February 24, 2017, 09:50:39 PM
Off to see the grandkids this tomorrow so probably be playing Goat Simulator or some zombie game with the grandson. Maybe some Command Ops 2 if time permits before leaving or upon my return. Got a bonus coming end of next week and if I continue to like what I'm seeing I'll pop for a couple of scenario packs. Think I can get that by the keeper of the budget.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: -budd- on February 24, 2017, 10:03:25 PM
As my gaming funk recedes into history I'll continue to take up arms in my current CSME pbem game. First time playing Libya, very fragile troops but i have been giving as good as i get against the Israelis, my T-72's have earned there money, of course i dont have much else left. My T-72's have sent 7 merkava's to the junk yard without a loss, a bit of shoot and scoot. I'm giving CM2 a play in Normandy and in Russia, finally committed to it when i couldn't get CM1 to work in widescreen on my new laptop.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 11:33:23 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 11:56:49 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 09:52:57 AMThere will be even more numerous passive teammates, granted via the matchmaker, losing matches for you.  Despite the valiant efforts of your squad. 
>:D

To be fair (and far more hilariously) they were not passive. They were in the game from beginning to end, slugging away. They just didn't quiiiiiiite have a grasp on what to do to put the win away. An increasing number of small errors, and choices that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Well... we all make little mistakes.  Sounds like you had some kind of shot that round, fortunately.   :bd:



Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 12:32:44 PM
Alternately, Nef, we could split the difference and play some boardgames on TTS. A four-way Fire in the Lake game or something like that?

I haven't even toyed with TTS yet, despite owning it for .. about a couple years?  A bit embarrassed about that at this point. 

Should break it in sometime, although I'm rather whimsical in my interests as many can attest.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Kushan on February 27, 2017, 09:16:03 AM
Mainly played CMANO and Stellaris, with a little World of Warcraft thrown in this weekend. Continued my multiplayer game of Stellaris with TheHistoricalgamer Saturday night. Started around 9:30-10pm and finished up around 2am. :D Decided to start a new solo game last night using some mods. Most of them are cosmetic, more flags, more name list, etc. Playing as space Vikings. Biggest change to immersion though has been the additions of the civilian shipping and food transport mods. Still early so I only have a few trade ships running around right now but its already made the game a lot more immersive. The mod developer even went and added a policy towards attacking civilian ships. Of all the features I hope Paradox eventually adds, this one is on the top of the list. Haven't seen the food transport mod in action yet.

Reinstalled World of Warships and got a few matches in with some fellow Youtubers (TheHistroicalGamer and SquattingFrog) last night. First time I'd really played WoWS in 6-8 months. Had a couple of ok games in the Cleveland and Pensecola cruisers and 2 better then average (for me) games in the Tirpitz. Went head on with a North Carolina in an attempt to ram in the Tirpitz. HistrocialGamer and I think some shots from a friendly cruiser, along with some bad angle shots From my forward turrets, took his health down. I messed up the ram but we side scrapped, where my secondary's and some shots from my main guns at point blank range finished him off. I then avoided some torpedoes from an enemy cruiser, and proceeded to take him out with a full salvo from my main battery. That's when the enemy full health Tirpitz showed up and finally finished me off.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on February 27, 2017, 10:24:50 AM
You should get on the Dogs of War Teamspeak group, and flot up with Tuna, Nef, etc. (I'm not high enough tier yet for a proper flotilla I think...)
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 27, 2017, 11:32:59 AM
Quote from: Father Ted on February 24, 2017, 06:51:14 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on February 24, 2017, 12:12:28 PM
Rise of Flight is my main focus. Going to try it with an xbox controller this time, though.

Not sure that'll work - but even if it does a stick is a much better option.  I use (and have used for 4 years) a T16000.  It's a reasonably-priced, solid piece of kit, has a "twist-stick" rudder control, and enough buttons for RoF.

Nah, I get you - I've a Saitek X45 HOTAS(s) for the "serious," stuff.  I was just trying the controller out as a lark and as a way to reduce clutter around the PC desk if that makes sense.  I'm on controller #2 at the moment and I think its buggy or broken like the first one was. Both were off-the-shelf-new from BBuy and Microsoft branded stuff so it looks like I've got just horrible luck.  The little bit I did manage, and with the setup as provided in the RoF forums, did seem promising but I never got into using it for combat as the stick controlling head movements is crap.

Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Father Ted on February 27, 2017, 12:07:27 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on February 27, 2017, 11:32:59 AM


Nah, I get you - I've a Saitek X45 HOTAS(s) for the "serious," stuff.  I was just trying the controller out as a lark and as a way to reduce clutter around the PC desk if that makes sense.  I'm on controller #2 at the moment and I think its buggy or broken like the first one was. Both were off-the-shelf-new from BBuy and Microsoft branded stuff so it looks like I've got just horrible luck.  The little bit I did manage, and with the setup as provided in the RoF forums, did seem promising but I never got into using it for combat as the stick controlling head movements is crap.

Ah, I see - didn't realise you could use a controller at all for RoF.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 27, 2017, 12:26:23 PM
The real catch is getting used to the way the tiny thumb stick "feels," for flying purposes.  Otherwise, the controller really isn't that bad as you can map quite a bit of the simple stuff to a typical multi-button controller.  They did specify using the Xbox style as the two "trigger," buttons conform better to rudder usage due to some computer blah-blah-blah mess otherwise, I would have gone with a Playstation style.

Reminds me to give my Logitech controller a try before boxing it all up and calling it a day and  before trying to suss out whatever is causing my Saitek AV-8R to act weird.  If I can fix it (the joystick), then I'll be content for a bit.

Oh, and peep this guy's approach to having both a controller and a joystick in use https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/38976-xbox360-controller-profile/  Scroll down to see the crazy "spade," grip-thing as he called it.  Looks pretty damn functional, if you ask me.

I need to DL that mission generator thing that is out there in lieu of not having WoFF
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Tuna on February 27, 2017, 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 27, 2017, 10:24:50 AM
You should get on the Dogs of War Teamspeak group, and flot up with Tuna, Nef, etc. (I'm not high enough tier yet for a proper flotilla I think...)

You'll get there soon enough. I probably have to check out this Mechanics Warrior world, you say that's free like WoW just pay if you want to advance quicker?
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Nefaro on February 27, 2017, 05:16:14 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 27, 2017, 10:24:50 AM
You should get on the Dogs of War Teamspeak group, and flot up with Tuna, Nef, etc. (I'm not high enough tier yet for a proper flotilla I think...)

Get to crackin', JP!   :))

We usually do Tier 5 and up.
But I keep  a Tier 4 Clemson for the occasional seal clubbing match.
When I'm playing regularly, anyway.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Nefaro on February 27, 2017, 05:18:05 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 27, 2017, 02:24:13 PM

You'll get there soon enough. I probably have to check out this Mechanics Warrior world, you say that's free like WoW just pay if you want to advance quicker?

You mean.. Mech Warrior Online?

Dunno if I'd like to experience a "mechanics war".  Getting angry about someone stealing your tools?  Ehhh...
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Tuna on February 27, 2017, 05:59:13 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 27, 2017, 05:18:05 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 27, 2017, 02:24:13 PM

You'll get there soon enough. I probably have to check out this Mechanics Warrior world, you say that's free like WoW just pay if you want to advance quicker?

You mean.. Mech Warrior Online?

Dunno if I'd like to experience a "mechanics war".  Getting angry about someone stealing your tools?  Ehhh...

I think my phone spellchecker took over there. Yes I meant Mech Warrior Online, at least that is what I thought I typed!

Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: MengJiao on February 28, 2017, 05:43:50 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 09:52:57 AM

There's a chance I could drop into Warships this weekend.  Not a guarantee, though.  Still on a digital gaming funk.  Haven't done it a single time since last weekend, and the itch still isn't really there other than the occasional DCS consideration.  Then again, I may have some liquor in me at the end of the evening, changing my capacities for doing much else.

  I had a simulation review weekend and played DCS, BoS and CloD.
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: Nefaro on February 28, 2017, 06:42:45 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on February 28, 2017, 05:43:50 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 09:52:57 AM

There's a chance I could drop into Warships this weekend.  Not a guarantee, though.  Still on a digital gaming funk.  Haven't done it a single time since last weekend, and the itch still isn't really there other than the occasional DCS consideration.  Then again, I may have some liquor in me at the end of the evening, changing my capacities for doing much else.

  I had a simulation review weekend and played DCS, BoS and CloD.


Started up BoS a couple weeks ago, to get some more practice with it, but having all my HOTAS bindings screwed up sent me packing.  At least DCS remembers my hardware properly.  :-\
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on February 28, 2017, 05:05:32 PM
For Tuna or anyone else looking into Mechwarrior Online: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18996.msg505539#msg505539
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: undercovergeek on February 28, 2017, 05:54:36 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 28, 2017, 05:05:32 PM
For Tuna or anyone else looking into Medically induced coma: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18996.msg505539#msg505539

Fixered
Title: Re: She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY
Post by: JasonPratt on March 01, 2017, 06:06:38 PM
True enough.  O:-)