GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on February 24, 2017, 08:21:25 AM

Title: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: jomni on February 24, 2017, 08:21:25 AM
All the best to the developers!

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2168/Armored.Brigade.Is.Officially.Announced!
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: Shelldrake on February 24, 2017, 10:03:12 AM
Congrats to Devs!
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: Destraex on February 24, 2017, 06:10:04 PM
A realtime  engine. I am interested. This should be good at simulating meeting engagements and various states of readiness as well as fire and movement without the turn based stop and co

Freeze to consider part.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: Father Ted on February 27, 2017, 12:11:15 PM
This looks interesting to me also, although no visual-design info as yet.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: solops on February 27, 2017, 12:28:38 PM
Is this related to that armored task force game a guy named Proctor did over at Shrapnel?
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: Zulu1966 on February 27, 2017, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: solops on February 27, 2017, 12:28:38 PM
Is this related to that armored task force game a guy named Proctor did over at Shrapnel?


No.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: spelk on February 27, 2017, 02:31:28 PM
Tis good to see this title get a publisher and a chance to evolve into something great...

There isn't any info available in its new incarnation

http://armoredbrigade.com/

but the title has been in development for years and was freeware at one point..

You can clock some screenshots from the old site (a 2013 version) here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161013015831/http://armoredbrigade.com/screenshots.html

And theres this video from 2015



and the AAR playlist from Feb 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj5Sk_mmT0Ohn60YqBL1HS0VJo6y0Fxq8

But bear in mind the new version being brought to you through Matrix/Slitherine MIGHT be different..
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: RyanE on February 27, 2017, 03:22:40 PM
I am cautiously happy to hear this news.  It parallels the Red Pill to Command move from private develop to real publishing.  I hope its as successful.  To me Armoured Brigade is potentially the modern incarnation of Steel Panthers.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: Father Ted on February 27, 2017, 03:45:42 PM
Thanks for that, spelk -  interest further piqued
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: jomni on February 27, 2017, 05:16:31 PM
Quote from: RyanE on February 27, 2017, 03:22:40 PM
I am cautiously happy to hear this news.  It parallels the Red Pill to Command move from private develop to real publishing.  I hope its as successful.  To me Armoured Brigade is potentially the modern incarnation of Steel Panthers.

Actually reminds me more of Close Combat but more flexible.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: Destraex on February 28, 2017, 04:13:36 AM
hmmmm. After watching the footage I am not convinced this models everything properly.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: demjansk1942 on February 28, 2017, 05:53:48 AM
I wish Spwaw had good graphics
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: RyanE on February 28, 2017, 08:09:50 AM
A few years ago I played it a lot...the free version.  It seemed to be fairly accurately modeled.  At the time, its scope was somewhat limited.  The scope was expanded a couple years ago, but I never got around to playing it.

I don't find it like Close Combat at all.  Last time I played it, there was no individual soldier model in squads.  Maps are much much larger.  And number of units is way larger.  Other than being top-down and real time, I see no similarities.  Again, its much more like a real-time version of Steel Panthers.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: Micha on March 06, 2017, 03:15:49 AM
I really have doubts this will be a hit.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: rocketman on March 06, 2017, 10:27:28 AM
First look reminds me of Command Ops 2.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: RyanE on March 06, 2017, 11:11:27 AM
You might want to look again.  Its individual vehicles and teams/squads.  Very little to no operational functions.  Again, plays very much like Steel Panthers.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: RyanE on March 06, 2017, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: Micha on March 06, 2017, 03:15:49 AM
I really have dobts this will be a hit.

Just wondering why? 

Personally, I think it will end up with a following, just not sure how big.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: rocketman on March 06, 2017, 11:36:45 AM
Quote from: RyanE on March 06, 2017, 11:11:27 AM
You might want to look again.  Its individual vehicles and teams/squads.  Very little to no operational functions.  Again, plays very much like Steel Panthers.
True, but my reaction was not because of scale but how the game seems to play, no hexes, free plotting of movement and formations, information/LOS filters, two dimensional but with elevation changes, deep simulation "under the hood" etc. If it is anything like CO2, I will probably get it.
Title: Re: Armoured Brigade finds a publisher.
Post by: spelk on March 14, 2017, 11:50:57 AM
This popped up today

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/rags-to-riches-a-look-at-freeware-armored-brigade/