So, it seems the mumps have made a comeback (god damned hipsters and their stupid fascination with retro everything) and I've got them. I guess the inoculation I got in elementary school wasn't enough. Damn it, if I'm going to get an old timey disease, I want the vapours or consumption, not mumps.
Mumps in adults can lead to some serious complications, including meningitis. Take care of yourself.
dude... please feel better soon
The kissing disease! You old dog, you!
Quote from: Toonces on February 25, 2017, 09:07:09 PM
The kissing disease! You old dog, you!
That would be Mono(nucleosis) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis), not Mumps. Also not good to get as an Adult.
::)
Guys haven't seen a lot of the Simpsons I guess...
Get well soon SDR
Quote from: Toonces on February 25, 2017, 09:18:19 PM
::)
Guys haven't seen a lot of the Simpsons I guess...
Well, Lisa was the one who got the mumps and Homer didn't call her an "old dog" :P
That sucks man. Musta been all that crappy weather Vancouver got this year.
Get better soon.
Nothing a little vodka won't cure.
That's the spirit SDR. Don't let them mumps get you down. Could be worse, you could have the 'humps' disease. You kinda get that one by kissing. :-"
Feel better, SDR.
Quote from: mirth on February 25, 2017, 09:10:29 PM
Quote from: Toonces on February 25, 2017, 09:07:09 PM
The kissing disease! You old dog, you!
That's mono.
I had mono when I was 19. It put me on my ass for three weeks and still feeling it six weeks out.
Get well soon SDR \m/
^+100
Take care of yourself, SDR, and get well soon.
You can get the mumps again!? :o
Seriously, take care, SDR. O0
Get well soon. I had mumps as a kid in the 1960s and it was not fun.
Jeez. Take care, man.
Quote from: bbmike on February 26, 2017, 10:12:02 AM
You can get the mumps again!? :o
Seriously, take care, SDR. O0
Yeah, surprised me as well. Lots of people getting it here in Vancouver. It seems that the single in ovulation shot we got as kids wasn't enough and two doses are recommended now.
Doesn't help with the non-vax fad crown either...I think some of these parents should be purposely injected with some of these diseases to "re-educate" them on why vaccines are such a good thing.
Or perhaps they want their kids living most of their lives in an iron lung. Or scarred. Or with permanent damage.
SDR, how old are you.
47
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 26, 2017, 11:25:26 AM
Yeah, surprised me as well. Lots of people getting it here in Vancouver. It seems that the single in ovulation shot we got as kids wasn't enough and two doses are recommended now.
Autocorrect is just so wrong sometimes. :2funny:
Look for these old timey diseases to make a comeback slowly; new strains are always being found that become immune to current inoculations.
Hipsters that don't believe in child inoculation are certainly not helping things, though.
Quote from: jamus34 on February 26, 2017, 08:42:55 PM
Doesn't help with the non-vax fad crown either...I think some of these parents should be purposely injected with some of these diseases to "re-educate" them on why vaccines are such a good thing.
Or perhaps they want their kids living most of their lives in an iron lung. Or scarred. Or with permanent damage.
Yup, iron lungs are no fun. My father contracted polio out in San Francisco in the early 50s. He was in an iron lung for a few months, but eventually recovered enough to where he was mobile with the help of a cane. He was a tough old bird and I can't count the number of times he fell. Always managed to get back up (usually with the help of me or my siblings). He and Mom always made sure we kids got our polio vaxes (I remember sugar cubes with red dots on them). The no-Vax crowd today has no clue what they may re-release on to society.
OK, rant over. SDR, hope you get well soon!
Is this thread infectious? :timeout:
Yes, It'll make your dongle drop off.
Quote from: jamus34 on February 26, 2017, 08:42:55 PM
Doesn't help with the non-vax fad crown either...I think some of these parents should be purposely injected with some of these diseases to "re-educate" them on why vaccines are such a good thing.
Or perhaps they want their kids living most of their lives in an iron lung. Or scarred. Or with permanent damage.
Word. These idiots are doing their damndest to bring defeated diseases back.
I saw a crawl last night on one of the sports shows that there's a few pro hockey players down with the mumps right now too