Wasn't the original called Battle for Planet of the Apes?
Quote from: bbmike on February 25, 2017, 07:32:35 PM
Wasn't the original called Battle for Planet of the Apes?
Yes
Get you're stinking paws off my childhood favorite you damned dirty ape!
The modern series has been acquitting itself very well. I'm staying away from spoilers, but past experience gives me high confidence for quality.
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 26, 2017, 12:58:47 PM
The modern series has been acquitting itself very well. I'm staying away from spoilers, but past experience gives me high confidence for quality.
Besides the Wahlberg monstrosity?
Yes...it has.
The Wahlberg Monstrosity cannot be uttered in the same sentence as the new movies!
To be fair to Marky Mark, it was a Tim Burton monstrosity.
Either way...AVOID. Especially when the current series is so good.
This series is excellent - very much looking forward to this one.
We need to put that chimp in charge in Afghanistan. :clap:
More like the White House.
Monkeys riding horses shooting shit just looks da bomb!
I love these movies and this one looks like it will also deliver
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 16, 2017, 04:33:12 PM
Monkeys riding horses shooting shit just looks da bomb!
I love these movies and this one looks like it will also deliver
Totally agree with all of the above! :bd:
Now the monkeys have to hope the horses don't turn on them. :hide:
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 16, 2017, 03:29:22 PM
We need to put that chimp in charge in Afghanistan. :clap:
To fight a gorilla war?
Yes! That would make them go bananas.
Apeshit!
This may be on the better summer movies
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/06/war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-review-1201846843/
Moviebob says "near masterpiece", could be the best film of the summer -- an opinion somewhat marred for me by his wholesale adoption of the film's jingoesque demonization of conservative immigration politics. (Not his way of describing it, but that's what he's describing, and he couldn't be more tickled about it.)
Matt Reeves, fresh off his hat trick of the solid, moneymaking, critical darling, heavy fx Apes trilogy (2 out of 3 of them anyway), has been signed to take over as director of Batfleck as The Batman -- and has declared there shall be a page 1 rewrite of Batfleck's script.
This is probably good news.
Sounds like good news
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/matt-reeves-ditches-ben-afflecks-the-batman-script/ar-BBEkuzI (http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/matt-reeves-ditches-ben-afflecks-the-batman-script/ar-BBEkuzI)
QuoteHe said: "I think there's a chance to do an almost noir-drive, detective version of Batman that is point of view driven in a very, very powerful way that is hopefully going to connect you to what's going on inside of his head and inside of his heart."
So a live action version of Batman The Animated Series. I'm on board with that.
I'd like to see Miller's Dark Knight Returns done faithfully.
The animated adaptation was reasonably faithful. Bout as good as you could hope for, I suppose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Dark_Knight_Returns_(film)#Reception
^^ Agreed, nothing more is needed there. Not a big fan of them releasing it originally in two parts, but in the combined cut they come together as a 2-1/2 hour truly theatrical length film. Peter Weller isn't always impressive as Batman, but he has his moments.
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 21, 2017, 08:30:07 AM
Peter Weller isn't always impressive as Batman, but he has his moments.
Weller was better than I expected. Not Kevin Conroy good by any means, but he did a serviceable Bat voice.
If he hadn't often sounded like he was phoning in his lines, he would have done better -- a problem with more than one celebrity guest Bat. :buck2:
Quote from: mirth on July 20, 2017, 07:18:33 PM
The animated adaptation was reasonably faithful. Bout as good as you could hope for, I suppose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Dark_Knight_Returns_(film)#Reception
Damn. I did not know of this. I hope it's on Netflix or Prime. If not, where do you guys place it on the physical-media-buy-o-meter?
Pretty sure it's on Netflix or Prime. (Or that it was...)
Physical buy? Solid B. Maybe B+.
I don't think it's available on Prime or Netflix. It's worth a physical media purchase. I'd give it an A-. Worth the $20 bucks for Blu-Ray.