GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2017, 09:49:58 AM

Title: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2017, 09:49:58 AM
From Eugen Systems...the same guys who made Wargame: European Escalation, AirLand Battle and Red Dragon! Some of you guys asked for this, now it looks like you are getting it.

http://www.steeldivisiongame.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=stdi_sd_facebook_20170301_ann&utm_content=fb-post (http://www.steeldivisiongame.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=stdi_sd_facebook_20170301_ann&utm_content=fb-post)

Quote
This new game puts players in command of detailed, historically accurate tanks, troops, and vehicles at the height of World War II. Players can measure their tactical skills against several opponents in big multiplayer battles or against enemies in a challenging single-player campaign. Steel Division: Normandy 44 allows players to take control over legendary military divisions from six different countries, such as the American 101st Airborne, the German armored 21st Panzer or the 3rd Canadian Division, during the invasion of Normandy in 1944.

Whether fighting for control in intense multiplayer battles with up to 10-vs-10 players going head-to-head, playing alone or working with friends in ranked matches, players will need to coordinate their selection of historically accurate infantry, tanks, aircraft, and support vehicles to counter enemy units in this Tactical RTS game.

Battles rage over three distinct phases, where different units unlock over time, mimicking the movements of real-world armies and adding variety to the ever-changing theatre of war. A dynamic front line illustrates the ebb and flow of the conflict. Pin down your opponent's infantry to gain the advantage and force a retreat, or push through with a perfectly executed plan.

Using the latest version of Eugen's IRISZOOM engine, players can smoothly zoom from a tactical aerial view all the way down to a single unit, and see 400 different real-world vehicles and units designed with careful historical detail and accuracy. Maps are designed based on actual aerial reconnaissance photos of Normandy in 1944, requiring real-world tactics and strategies to cover and control.

From battlegroup customization to troop positioning and maneuvering, winning battles requires cunning and strategy, not just raw firepower. Each unit lost presents a growing tactical disadvantage, and players will need to fight to gain -- and keep -- the upper hand.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: mirth on March 01, 2017, 09:53:57 AM
Hells yeah!
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: acctingman on March 01, 2017, 10:55:16 AM
Is it bad that I got tingly down...there after clicking that link?  :dreamer:
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Ian C on March 01, 2017, 11:03:37 AM
If this is an in-game map, I'm in.




(https://content.paradoxplaza.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/steel_division_screenshot_10a.jpg)





Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2017, 11:32:29 AM
Holy crap - take my money
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: FlickJax on March 01, 2017, 11:33:08 AM
mine too :)
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2017, 11:35:34 AM
Paradox are publishing?
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Hartford688 on March 01, 2017, 12:07:56 PM
Really sounds very good!

http://www.pcgamer.com/steel-division-normandy-44-is-a-realistic-ww2-rts-coming-this-year/
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Lowenstaat on March 01, 2017, 12:25:07 PM
I hope this is not a ruse!
.
.
.
.
.
Actually, I very much enjoyed R.U.S.E. and Eugen Systems' Wargames series since. I look forward to this title, too.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on March 01, 2017, 12:28:55 PM
Very much excited for this. R.U.S.E. was quite good and WW2 is always a good era for warfare.

Shame though, I kind wanted one last 'Wargame' entry to tie together settings and features from the current three to make an 'Ultimate' edition. Like, I love the campaign in Red Dragon but I miss the EU setting. Also would be nice to disable Jets as I find them stressful.

But hey, this looks amazing too, and I'm really interesting in the dynamic frontline aspect.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Philippe on March 01, 2017, 12:53:19 PM
Quote from: Ian C on March 01, 2017, 11:03:37 AM
If this is an in-game map, I'm in.




(https://content.paradoxplaza.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/steel_division_screenshot_10a.jpg)

Exactly what part of the world during what time period is that map supposed to represent?

Judging from the street plan of that village there seems to be a modern anomaly plunked down in the middle of 1940's Europe.  I doubt that you would see anything like that  before the late 50's, and certainly not in Europe.  Is this supposed to be Normandy?
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 01, 2017, 02:59:52 PM
Just when I was beginning to think, "you know, there's not much on the 2017 gaming horizon that I'm genuinely excited about..."

<:-)
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: -budd- on March 01, 2017, 03:06:55 PM
If there's a pause or at least a slowdown control I'm in.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 01, 2017, 03:09:20 PM
Quote from: -budd- on March 01, 2017, 03:06:55 PM
If there's a pause or at least a slowdown control I'm in.

Presumably it will at least have the 'bullet time' (essentially pause) from Red Dragon.

I doubt Eugen would go back to the pause-less days of Airland Battle
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on March 01, 2017, 09:16:59 PM
http://imgur.com/a/cWkkg

ahh yes. Tiger IIs in Normandy.

"Realistic wargame"
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 01, 2017, 09:41:07 PM
Who cares. They look delicious.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 01, 2017, 10:01:25 PM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on March 01, 2017, 09:16:59 PM
"Realistic wargame"

Well, agree that needs to be taken with a grain of salt. "Realistic" compared to Combat Missionx2 or Graviteam Tactics? Apparently not. But one hopes (...I hope...) that it'll feel "more realistic" than, say, Company of Heroes or Men of War (although those are superb "Hollywood WW2" games and tons of fun) which is to say, a little more authentic than your typical click-festy WW2 RTS.

I've been fantasizing about a Eugen Wargame set in WW2 for a while. Hugely excited about this, even if there are bound to be a few howlers, like Tiger IIs in Normandy...
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: bobarossa on March 01, 2017, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on March 01, 2017, 10:01:25 PM

I've been fantasizing about a Eugen Wargame set in WW2 for a while. Hugely excited about this, even if there are bound to be a few howlers, like Tiger IIs in Normandy...
Found this at Wikipedia " It was first used in combat with 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion during the Allied Invasion of Normandy on 11 July 1944;[11]"  I know, it's Wikipedia but it has a reference! 
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 01, 2017, 10:37:22 PM
Interesting. I would've guessed that the Koenigstiger wasn't deployed in numbers on the Western Front til the Bulge. -?
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: AchillesLastStand on March 01, 2017, 11:45:23 PM
Was just going to post this, the wargame engine is perfectly suited for WW2 action. Can...not ........wait.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Destraex on March 02, 2017, 12:09:27 AM
Been lobbying eugen for a fair while for a wargame red dragon set in ww2 but with better infantry mechanics. Fingers crossed.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Surtur on March 02, 2017, 03:29:44 AM
Hope it is a tad slower than the Wargame systems, but I am very interested :)
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: undercovergeek on March 02, 2017, 05:59:01 AM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on March 01, 2017, 09:16:59 PM
http://imgur.com/a/cWkkg

ahh yes. Tiger IIs in Normandy.

"Realistic wargame"

I don't see where it says realistic war game, and afaik it's never been marketed as such

It's toy soldiers for grown ups
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: mirth on March 02, 2017, 08:02:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 02, 2017, 05:59:01 AM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on March 01, 2017, 09:16:59 PM
http://imgur.com/a/cWkkg (http://imgur.com/a/cWkkg)

ahh yes. Tiger IIs in Normandy.

"Realistic wargame"

I don't see where it says realistic war game, and afaik it's never been marketed as such

It's toy soldiers for grown ups


Realisitic wargame or not, Tiger IIs did fight in Normandy.

What I'd say is unrealistic is that they appear to be moving :P
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 02, 2017, 08:42:21 AM
Quote from: Destraex on March 02, 2017, 12:09:27 AM
set in ww2 but with better infantry mechanics.

This sure would be nice. (I frankly also wish the same thing about Graviteam Tactics, in terms of improved infantry...)
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Greybriar on March 02, 2017, 09:28:27 AM
If it plays as good as it looks, Steel Division: Normandy 44 should be great.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: acctingman on March 02, 2017, 09:50:34 AM
It looks like an improved MoW series, which I'm all in for.

I didn't see any word on if the game will be mod friendly.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Tinkershuffle on March 02, 2017, 10:10:34 AM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on March 01, 2017, 11:45:23 PM
Was just going to post this, the wargame engine is perfectly suited for WW2 action. Can...not ........wait.

I think Eugen really needs to enhance the infantry combat mechanics to make it immersive, the current implementation where the grunts are running in circle formations almost at the same speed as the vehicles just won't do it in infantry heavy setting like WW2.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: JasonPratt on March 02, 2017, 11:54:56 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on March 01, 2017, 10:37:22 PM
Interesting. I would've guessed that the Koenigstiger wasn't deployed in numbers on the Western Front til the Bulge. -?

Depends on what you mean by "numbers" and "deployed". A good dozen or so happened to be parked and operational near Arnhem during Market-Garden, and they caused a lot of problems. Considering that this area was regarded as a refitting rest and regroup area for soldiers fleeing the Allied push, that suggests there were substantial numbers of them earlier, too.

Whether they were used effectively in substantial numbers before the Bulge (and locally in Market-Garden), I don't know yet.

(Lol at "moving" realism joke, btw!  O0 )
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on March 02, 2017, 12:01:14 PM
Great article by T.J. here with a few more details on the game: http://www.pcgamer.com/steel-division-normandy-44-is-a-realistic-ww2-rts-coming-this-year/

Nothing "new" new, but the basic concepts already known have been expanded and explained a bit more. I'm looking forward to doing my own interview with them soon.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Cyrano on March 02, 2017, 12:06:20 PM
As had been said before, the infantry model needs a fundamental rework from Wargame to make WWII make sense, but, to me, the real problem/need for fixin' will be in the G2 model.  Hyper-fidelity would drive customers away, but, if R.U.S.E. be any example, there's just too much BORG-y battlefield knowledge going on for it to feel right.

That said, if I could get the ruse ephemera out of the thing, R.U.S.E. would be one of my favorite RT games.  Very lovely (well, yeah) and great fun.

Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 02, 2017, 12:10:53 PM
I dunno...personally, I'd be perfectly happy with the same mechanics from Wargame with a WWII face-lift. Sure, more authenticity would be nice, but I still think the system will kickass in WWII, as is.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: mirth on March 02, 2017, 12:15:32 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 02, 2017, 12:10:53 PM
I dunno...personally, I'd be perfectly happy with the same mechanics from Wargame with a WWII face-lift.

+1 I could live with just that.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: acctingman on March 02, 2017, 12:24:56 PM
Since I don't have any experience with RUSE or the Wargame series I'm going to wait for all your reviews of this game  O0
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Cyrano on March 02, 2017, 12:46:21 PM
Well, if it is, indeed, 10-man "squads" running about in a circle-space, I will be disappointed.

Oh, I'll buy it, because I cannot not purchase such things, but it would be a lost opportunity.  Those scrying the screenshots for wisdom imagine they've seen less of the Keystone Cop behavior among infantry that you see in Wargame, so that's something.

Pleased also to note that the Hellcats of the East have begun their predictable complaint that the Soviets are unjustly excluded.  As if that's not the first expansion pack...

And re: Tiger IIs in Normandy, well, Freud would have had much to say about the impulse that demands their presence before all others.  Like, you know, infantry carriers and Dingos.

Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: JasonPratt on March 03, 2017, 09:13:13 AM
I was thinking, "Wouldn't it be great to have the game system of Command Ops (previously Airborne Assault) but with 3D gfx like the Wargame series...?"

And then I remembered Chain of Command is trying to do that! (Plus airpower!)

But I'll not quibble about WWargameII.  :smitten: There's room for both approaches.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: AchillesLastStand on March 10, 2017, 01:07:26 AM
They took applicants for beta testing earlier and it has already been filled up. I am guessing the game will have a late spring/summer release

Here is a comment from a poster and reply from a developer.



"The more i read and watch the more this game reminds me of the likes of Close Combat.


You couldn't make us a nicer compliment ...
Thanks. :)"
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Destraex on March 10, 2017, 04:22:05 AM
It's VIP closed beta testing. I set my alarm for 3.30 am and by the time my smart phone figured out how to correct getting the date correct and making it backwards, smallest to largest does not seem to apply to most countries, the first in first served VIP beta had run out of keys. That was at 3.33am.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Cyrano on March 10, 2017, 09:30:14 AM
Close Combat with that engine?

My goodness...if they get even close...
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on March 10, 2017, 12:38:16 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry to be promoting the site again, but I figure this would be passable. If not, feel free to just delete.

Essentially, I received an invite to the VIP Beta for Steel Divisions happening next week. I was provided with a link that leads to a form you need to fill in, by my form link allows for 50 key allocations, so anyone can use the same link I did to fill out a form and potentially get a key.

I don't know if the GH management have received their own form/link, but you guys are more than welcome to use ours as well if you want to try and secure a place. Article is here (http://www.wargamer.com/articles/news-round-up-panzers-privateers-and-vip-betas/), with the relevant news item and form link at the very bottom.

Hope some of you get in. I for one am very excited to try this out.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: AchillesLastStand on March 10, 2017, 02:51:37 PM
Quote from: WargamerJoe on March 10, 2017, 12:38:16 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry to be promoting the site again, but I figure this would be passable. If not, feel free to just delete.

Essentially, I received an invite to the VIP Beta for Steel Divisions happening next week. I was provided with a link that leads to a form you need to fill in, by my form link allows for 50 key allocations, so anyone can use the same link I did to fill out a form and potentially get a key.

I don't know if the GH management have received their own form/link, but you guys are more than welcome to use ours as well if you want to try and secure a place. Article is here (http://www.wargamer.com/articles/news-round-up-panzers-privateers-and-vip-betas/), with the relevant news item and form link at the very bottom.

Hope some of you get in. I for one am very excited to try this out.


Still got this message......

"Steel Division: Normandy 44 VIP BETA
We are sorry it looks like the registration limit has been reached... Stay tuned, other info about Steel Division: Normandy 44 will come very soon"

Shouldn't be long tho, Eugen usually releases their titles around May.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: AchillesLastStand on March 22, 2017, 12:16:05 PM
Steel Division is being streamed on Twitch right now, and yes it looks awesome O0

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2017, 01:37:54 PM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on March 22, 2017, 12:16:05 PM
Steel Division is being streamed on Twitch right now, and yes it looks awesome O0

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

That is one impressive man-bun.

Those maps look amazing. Does look like a Wargame set in WWII dream come true.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: mirth on March 22, 2017, 01:40:56 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2017, 01:37:54 PM
That is one impressive man-bun.

Phrasing!
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Barthheart on March 22, 2017, 01:42:09 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2017, 01:37:54 PM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on March 22, 2017, 12:16:05 PM
Steel Division is being streamed on Twitch right now, and yes it looks awesome O0

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

That is one impressive man-bun.

LOL... that's what I noticed first too..... kinda made a bad impression, for me, of what they saying and showing....hipster doofuses... but the game does look fun...
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2017, 04:38:40 PM
^I think that tool is from Paradox. I recall seeing him in some of their other live streams and videos, including Stellaris and/or HOI IV, perhaps.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Destraex on March 22, 2017, 06:53:55 PM
Here they are again...
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgreatmilitarybattles.com%2FBattle%2520of%2520Teutoburg.jpg&hash=650a0f22f1bff0b747cd18332a0c8893b384a7f4)
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: W8taminute on March 22, 2017, 07:37:50 PM
just stumbled on this thread.  oh dear...add another game to my wishlist.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Destraex on March 23, 2017, 03:55:31 AM
My thoughts... my web has been down and is very slow so forgive me if I miss some things. Stream is on and off and I cannot complete it.

Looks like logistics cards are gone

AT guns seem to have transport... cards only show transport as a symbol rather than a vehicle with its own stats now...

unit cards seem to be simplified [​IMG]:(... hope their is a more detailed view. They may have done this just for infantry. Also the British airborne seem to have german PAK guns in their deck. They must have found it too hard to balance!
EDIT: Wai

LOVE the new FOV indicator... has ranges and blind spots on it!

Not sure I like how the front line basically shows you there is something coming!!!

On map mortar teams !! nice

Stress bars instead of health bars is good. Units die if they are penetrated, no health bars. LIKE! Also they have made it so tanks and such still get stressed even if the calibre of fire will not penetrate. So morale will be important in the extreme. LIKE!

Trucks seem to disappear once men get out? If my net would freaken work I would check this!

It has a kind of bullet time. Which is nice but assume this is a single player only feature.

Men seem very sparse on the ground as this game features an accidental meeting engagement style of gameplay rather than a typically planned attack where force may be overwhelming for one side.

Trajectories on the mortars look a bit strange. They are almost LOS with a slight curve rather than a high curve at close range.

Have not seem any infantry take cover in anything but buildings yet. They seem to stand their in the open, no crouching or prone?
Infantry seem to have sandbags added to their symbols when they are considered dug in, but I have seen no actual fox holes yet.. or men laying prone in cover defensively.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: Destraex on March 23, 2017, 04:56:03 AM
A small youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zich99in0z8
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 23, 2017, 08:13:01 AM
Not sure there's another game I'm as excited to see come out in 2017 than this one. This has the potential to be truly fantastic.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on March 23, 2017, 09:57:26 AM
I played the beta too (although not as much as I would have liked) so just wanted to make a few observations since some of your comments are slightly incorrect from what I've seen:

Quote from: Destraex on March 23, 2017, 03:55:31 AM
My thoughts... my web has been down and is very slow so forgive me if I miss some things. Stream is on and off and I cannot complete it.

Looks like logistics cards are gone
- Every Division as at least one supply vehicle that I've seen, so they do exist and act like they do in Wargame. There's just no FOB nor are there air supply units.

AT guns seem to have transport... cards only show transport as a symbol rather than a vehicle with its own stats now...
- All non-tank units spawn onto the map in some kind of transport. The lower-level units use basic trucks which have stats, just are fairly fragile.

unit cards seem to be simplified [​IMG]:(... hope their is a more detailed view. They may have done this just for infantry. Also the British airborne seem to have german PAK guns in their deck. They must have found it too hard to balance!
EDIT: Wai

LOVE the new FOV indicator... has ranges and blind spots on it!

Not sure I like how the front line basically shows you there is something coming!!!

On map mortar teams !! nice

Stress bars instead of health bars is good. Units die if they are penetrated, no health bars. LIKE! Also they have made it so tanks and such still get stressed even if the calibre of fire will not penetrate. So morale will be important in the extreme. LIKE!

Trucks seem to disappear once men get out? If my net would freaken work I would check this!
- the basic trucks disappear when you tell it to deploy the troops/guns. More advanced APC like units and towers stick around, but these don't usually appear until Phases B & C. Unit cards show what a unit is being transported by, so you can learn what will have a permanent vehicle and what won't. Last Phase Infantry and Gun emplacements typically have a carrier that they can get back in though and move up quicker.

It has a kind of bullet time. Which is nice but assume this is a single player only feature.

Men seem very sparse on the ground as this game features an accidental meeting engagement style of gameplay rather than a typically planned attack where force may be overwhelming for one side.

Trajectories on the mortars look a bit strange. They are almost LOS with a slight curve rather than a high curve at close range.

Have not seem any infantry take cover in anything but buildings yet. They seem to stand their in the open, no crouching or prone?
- From what I've seen, there are Yellow & Green levels of cover (as well as no cover). Choosing cover spots is a bit too subtle and finicky, but if your unit is on a point that is yellow or green, it does get a defensive bonus. Not sure if animations are in yet or not for it.

Infantry seem to have sandbags added to their symbols when they are considered dug in, but I have seen no actual fox holes yet.. or men laying prone in cover defensively.

I enjoyed what I played though. Weird how it seemed so familiar, yet so different... wish I spent more time with it. I think it still has some typical wargame problems but I'm not concerned so far.
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: acctingman on March 23, 2017, 12:19:59 PM
Pardon my ignorance here....

But how is this game any different from the Men of War series?

Watched the youtube video and it looks pretty slick, but it really reminds me of MoW
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: undercovergeek on March 23, 2017, 12:56:52 PM
i would have said youre one more strategic layer up from MoW - therell be no 'arm this man with an mg42', 'get out and fix that tank' youre in charge of a good 35-50 seperate units when youre in the thick of it and the scale is much larger
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: acctingman on March 23, 2017, 01:09:56 PM
Thanks  :notworthy:

Any word on modding the game? - limited mod support from what I read  :-[
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: undercovergeek on March 23, 2017, 03:00:24 PM
The previous games have allowed stat changes only, more armour etc

In terms of skins and units - no

Because someone will make what this game was made for - a 40k mod
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: JasonPratt on March 24, 2017, 12:23:08 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 23, 2017, 03:00:24 PM
Because someone will make what this game was made for - a 40k mod

GW has been casting their Warhammery IPs to the electronic winds in recent years. Eugen Systems publisher, Focus Interactive, has converted at least one WH system with reasonable faithfulness and success so far (Blood Bowl).
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: undercovergeek on March 24, 2017, 12:55:06 PM
Indeed - I think the scale of the game, the air battle and the ground battle lends itself perfectly to the 40k scene
Title: Re: New WWII Game from Makers of Wargame Series!
Post by: fabius on March 24, 2017, 01:25:16 PM
Really glad that the kept 'Bullet Time'

Like the look of front lines and am looking forward to this despite not liking that they may have taken a step back from dynamic campaigns