GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Ian C on March 03, 2017, 02:28:34 PM

Title: Far Cry Primal - 50% off at STEAM
Post by: Ian C on March 03, 2017, 02:28:34 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/371660/

This vid just sold it for me but I need a bit more to pull the trigger. Anyone have a good experience? The STEAM reviews are pretty good overall.



Title: Re: Far Cry Primal - 50% off at STEAM
Post by: glen55 on March 03, 2017, 04:59:38 PM
I started it twice, had a lot of fun both times. I never got that far either time, but not for reasons that should prevent a purchase. First time the game was so brand-new that I couldn't find an online solution to some find-a-needle-in-a-haystack quest (i.e., the kind of quest you always find in RPGs but I don't have the patience to solve without help), so I decided to put it off for a while. Second time I got sidetracked by an irresistible new game.

One of these days I will go farther in this game. It's very playable, with a unique setting that drew might right into a vivid open world. It has a crafting system that doesn't require pH.D.-level study to crack, base-building, hunting, war, and all kinds of stuff. What the price point is to make it buyable varies from person-to-person, of course, but I'd say it's a buy at any kind of reasonable price.

Bear in mind I'm very singleplayer-focused. I couldn't even tell you whether it has MP, but I would think it's well-suited to coop.