GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: republic on March 04, 2017, 07:56:21 AM

Title: Hellion (A Space Game)
Post by: republic on March 04, 2017, 07:56:21 AM
This morning I ran across this and had to share it.  It looks very similar in concept to that DCS level space sim in development I'd read about years ago.  It seems fantastic...I just hope it gets finished.  It seems like every Early Access game I get excited about...gets shuttered before completion.  :\

A modeled solar system with full Newtonian physics, currently a 'space survival'.  I literally just found it and wanted to share, so I know nothing...which is typical for me.  :)

Edit:  However, after watching the navigation and exploration video with the 'realtime travel' and almost sub sim like sensor data....I may pre-order it even though my current gaming funds were already being held for Mass Effect Andromeda.   :o

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXjRDRuVI14

https://www.playhellion.com/features
Title: Re: Hellion (A Space Game)
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 04, 2017, 08:40:00 AM
Multiplayer only. No AI in game. That's a deal breaker for me.
Title: Re: Hellion (A Space Game)
Post by: Hofstadter on March 04, 2017, 07:25:09 PM
I got super excited about it too. I watched some gameplay and it's basic framework is faptacular.

But survival early access? Ahahaha no. Not gonna happen. They all suck
Title: Re: Hellion (A Space Game)
Post by: republic on March 04, 2017, 09:06:54 PM
I've got high hopes, I've got...high hopes.  I've got, high apple pie in the sky hopes.

I'm not oppose to the survival multiplayer aspect...but I do feel that is the easiest way to not have to make a good AI...but I also understand that making a good AI is the last major programming hurdle.  Well that and true full use of many core processors I suppose.