For Nostalgia's sake :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TcnQxV4BE
One of my all-time favorite movie scenes next to the end scene where the girl's 'doing' the alien. "What's wrong Baby"? Love the way Roddy never has to pump that shotgun until after he's done shooting. That's a good gun. ::)
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 07, 2017, 10:43:25 AM
One of my all-time favorite movie scenes next to the end scene where the girl's 'doing' the alien. "What's wrong Baby"? Love the way Roddy never has to pump that shotgun until after he's done shooting. That's a good gun. ::)
Because a 15 min fight scene with body slams and piledrivers into asphalt is super realistic.
It's gloriously stupid fun. I can take that with a major grain of salt
Quote from: jamus34 on March 07, 2017, 11:10:31 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 07, 2017, 10:43:25 AM
One of my all-time favorite movie scenes next to the end scene where the girl's 'doing' the alien. "What's wrong Baby"? Love the way Roddy never has to pump that shotgun until after he's done shooting. That's a good gun. ::)
Because a 15 min fight scene with body slams and piledrivers into asphalt is super realistic.
It's gloriously stupid fun. I can take that with a major grain of salt
I love that scene! Probably the only movie ever where the two protagonists beat the ever living piss out of each other for 5 minutes.
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Campy, but fun to watch.
I saw Roddy Piper interviewed some years ago talking about how John Carpenter wanted the movie to be more critical of Capitalism and the Reagan administration-- the references to the watches being Rolex which were very popular to upscale people at that time, and how Piper( a Canadian) didn't agree and resisted doing it. I don't know how accurate this was but he seemed pretty passionate about it.