GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on March 08, 2017, 06:36:25 AM

Title: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: jomni on March 08, 2017, 06:36:25 AM
Surprise!  It will use Unreal Engine 4.
http://www.slitherine.com/news/2178/A.new.story.begins....Panzer.Corps.2.has.been.announced!
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2017, 06:58:43 AM
Interesting...look forward to seeing how this progresses.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: jomni on March 08, 2017, 07:52:35 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2017, 06:58:43 AM
Interesting...look forward to seeing how this progresses.
Guess just like how Panzer General became 3D.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2017, 08:04:34 AM
Quote from: jomni on March 08, 2017, 07:52:35 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 08, 2017, 06:58:43 AM
Interesting...look forward to seeing how this progresses.
Guess just like how Panzer General became 3D.

Yeah...that one didn't work out too well, if I recall. Hopefully, this one will succeed
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Destraex on March 08, 2017, 08:24:20 AM
Interesting.... I found that game strangely addictive if not very logical. WEGO this time around?
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: FlickJax on March 08, 2017, 08:28:59 AM
I will buy no choice on this one, bought them all from Panzer General.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: JasonPratt on March 08, 2017, 08:42:23 AM
...sooooo, Order of Battle won't be Matrislitherine's Panzer General engine flagship going forward?

Whatev. I already own PKorps. I refuse to be excited by this until and unless I see what these ambitions are supposed to be. Calling it "a new story" does not bode well: it's clearly WW2 in Europe/Medii-East again. Does everyone drop what they're doing early to fight an invasion of dark elves from a hollow Earth coming down from the North Pole?!?

(Edited to add: I'm cranky about this, I guess, because I see a bunch of marketing bs and that's all I have to go on about whether I'm supposed to be interested. Too soon: start marketing when you have something to actually market for distinguishing why PKorps should be rebought anytime soon.)
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: bobarossa on March 08, 2017, 10:52:55 AM
The entire video could be summed up as "blah, blah, blah".  Unreal engine is only info of importance.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: IronX on March 08, 2017, 11:27:35 AM
These videos that only show only theme related images, rather than what the game actually looks like, are not particularly useful. I think this is the second one in a week. I tend to fast forward through them.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: MikeGER on March 08, 2017, 11:41:22 AM
I hate this marketing mumbo jumbo without not one single second of early-alpha in-game vid footage or at least a simple screen shot  >:(

is there info about new features or just Panzer Corps with a lot of new chrome  ...Slitherine, where is the beef !
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Cyrano on March 08, 2017, 01:06:16 PM
To a point made a couple times above, I am surprised that folks who are not giving us DoWIII levels of CG AWESOME think they can get away with teaser videos that don't show game play.

My disappointment in this series and its spinoffs is no secret so I'm certainly not the target audience, but I don't know who, in the YouTube era of gameplay ubiquity, this is supposed to lure...
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: -budd- on March 08, 2017, 02:57:40 PM
Not a fan of showing something that pretty much shows nothing game related. Interesting they show that but can't  show a screen shot of the new close combat game that's been in development for awhile.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: ghostryder on March 08, 2017, 06:39:20 PM
Kind of surprised with the choice of the unreal Engine---which is basically a FPS engine designed for low overhead languages like LUA. Look how sluggish it is in Xcom II. Add in the long war mod and all that code happening under the hood it just chokes. The engine sucks ram like a vampire.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Windigo on March 09, 2017, 08:20:08 AM
I will agree with your assessment of the unreal engine goatryder and XCOM2. But if it means it allows for passionate creative people to make games... Oh well. I'll take fun and challenging with clunky anytime.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Gusington on March 09, 2017, 09:35:14 AM
You're still talking about games with that last statement, right?
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Sir Slash on March 09, 2017, 10:51:46 AM
Windy, How'd you get that picture of me for your avatar?  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on March 09, 2017, 11:25:53 AM
I didn't realise it was Unreal Engine until I saw the announcement, but I've seen the game behind closed doors... I'd like to think the community will be happy with it. It's not so-far different from what you had before. Weird that Slitherine didn't show off even one screen though, as a proof of intent.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Windigo on March 09, 2017, 11:44:18 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 09, 2017, 09:35:14 AM
You're still talking about games with that last statement, right?

Well now that you ask,,,, I'm not sure. This is the "Gus Teaches Motorboating" forum isn't it?
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Windigo on March 09, 2017, 03:39:29 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 09, 2017, 10:51:46 AM
Windy, How'd you get that picture of me for your avatar?  :coolsmiley:

I talked to your last FWB, she didn't take too well to you taking the last pudding cup.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Steelgrave on March 09, 2017, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Windigo on March 09, 2017, 11:44:18 AM

Well now that you ask,,,, I'm not sure. This is the "Gus Teaches Motorboating" forum isn't it?

That would be one aisle over and booster seats are optional.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Gusington on March 09, 2017, 03:51:25 PM
Booster seats are NOT optional, if you know what I am saying.
Title: Re: Panzer Corps 2
Post by: Steelgrave on March 09, 2017, 03:56:28 PM
^HA!   :D