GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: MetalDog on March 15, 2017, 10:03:37 PM

Poll
Question: Daddy's Fishnets Region
Option 1: Never Say Goodbye - Bon Jovi votes: 6
Option 2: Love Song - Tesla votes: 3
Option 3: I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner votes: 4
Option 4: Patience - GnR votes: 3
Option 5: Love Bites - Def Leppard votes: 4
Option 6: Something To Believe In - Poison votes: 3
Option 7: House Of Pain - Faster Pussycat votes: 5
Option 8: Amanda - Boston votes: 6
Option 9: When the Children Cry - White Lion votes: 0
Option 10: Without You - Motley Crue votes: 2
Option 11: Sister Christian - Night Ranger votes: 5
Option 12: Faithfully - Journey votes: 6
Option 13: Forever - KISS votes: 4
Option 14: Is This Love? - Whitesnake votes: 3
Option 15: Miles Away - Winger votes: 4
Option 16: Love Can Make You Blind - Every Mother's Nightmare votes: 0
Title: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: MetalDog on March 15, 2017, 10:03:37 PM
It's March Madness time and there are brackets everywhere.  Everyone you know is filling one out.  And, inevitably, yours will be busted soon after the tourney starts.  So come inside and let your sorrow drain away with the Power Ballad Bracket!  Remember your youth and that special girl, or guy, you gave your heart to with these songs.  The rules are simple: 1 vote for each matchup.  Please vote once for each matchup.  Ties will go to the higher seed.  The choices are listed in seed order, from 1 to 16.  Each round ends the same time as the NCAA rounds do.  So, the first round ends Friday.  The second ends Sunday.  And at the end of the round, the results will be displayed and we will move on to the next round.  By the time the winners in the NCAA are cutting down the nets, we'll know which Power Ballad stands alone at the top!  So, pull up a chair, crank up the speakers and grab the hair spray and denim.  We're going ballading!

(And for those of you who may be interested, a small, select, panel came up with the entrants as well as the seeding.  If you don't agree, then vote for your favorite and hope it comes out on top.)


The 1/16 match





The 2/15





The 3/14





The 4/13





The 5/12





The 6/11





The 7/10





The 8/9



Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 15, 2017, 10:08:26 PM
You've got Miles Away in 2 brackets.

I could see you doing that with Don't Cry, since there's 2 versions.  But there's only 1 version of Miles Away.


This is your strongest bracket, too, with at least 10 songs I'd rather see than most of the others.
This bracket also has more tunes I've played live than any other (House of Pain, Love Song, Amanda, Faithfully, Love Bites, Patience).

I'd have to go back and look for sure, but I'm pretty sure this bracket has more tunes that teenaged me dedicated to various high school crushes than any other bracket, too.
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: MetalDog on March 15, 2017, 10:18:13 PM
I'll go back and see where I gooched the Miles Away deal.  Thanks for catching it.
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: airboy on March 16, 2017, 06:25:28 PM
A fishnets region without Twisted Sister is totally bogus.
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: MetalDog on March 16, 2017, 06:56:30 PM
Definitely true, but, I don't think TS HAS a power ballad.
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 16, 2017, 07:46:12 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 16, 2017, 06:56:30 PM
Definitely true, but, I don't think TS HAS a power ballad.

[yt]https://youtu.be/CbUgPMu3vYw[/yt]
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 16, 2017, 07:46:54 PM
then again, you have "Here I Go Again" on the list, so you could've gotten away with "Leader of the Pack" from TS.
(I mean, they're both remakes, too...)
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: MetalDog on March 16, 2017, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 16, 2017, 07:46:12 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 16, 2017, 06:56:30 PM
Definitely true, but, I don't think TS HAS a power ballad.

[yt]https://youtu.be/CbUgPMu3vYw[/yt]

We were shooting for a lowest common denominator of songs people would know as soon as you hear them.  While we might not have hit the nail on the head every time, I think we did pretty good.
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 16, 2017, 08:28:14 PM
You said you didn't think they had one.
I just showed you they did ;)

See?  You learn something new every day!

Hurry up and learn something and you could sleep through tomorrow O0
Title: Re: Power Ballads Bracket - Daddy's Fishnets Region
Post by: MetalDog on March 16, 2017, 08:46:15 PM
Been many a year since my Twisted Sister days.  Listening to it, I remember the song now.  Certainly warrants inclusion.  Next year maybe...