GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tpek on March 30, 2017, 07:52:56 AM

Title: Low Magic Age
Post by: Tpek on March 30, 2017, 07:52:56 AM
There's this very interesting tactical (arena-styled) turn based RPG that uses a modified version of the Pathfinder/D&D3.5 rules:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/

Apparently it's gone under everyone's radar as only somewhat recently it has been translated to English.

It's still in E.A but pretty fun.
And the devs promise to implement a sandbox campaign in the future in addition to the arena mode.
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: acctingman on March 30, 2017, 08:25:44 AM
Nice find Tpek, thanks!!
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: glen55 on March 30, 2017, 02:25:33 PM
Looks like fun, especially if they develop a campaign mode.
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: DennisS on March 30, 2017, 02:32:27 PM
I have this..it isn't bad for what it tries to do..but if you clear out the first batch of fights, you are then thrown into a boss fight. Here, I got stuck. And died.

You can't bypass this fight, unless you reset the first several fights. Costs money to do this. Stuck again.

Not sure if they have this fixed, but there are better games out there, by far.
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 30, 2017, 03:48:21 PM
Quote from: DennisS on March 30, 2017, 02:32:27 PM

Not sure if they have this fixed, but there are better games out there, by far.

For $3.99?  :crazy2:
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: Tpek on March 30, 2017, 06:24:29 PM
Quote from: DennisS on March 30, 2017, 02:32:27 PM
I have this..it isn't bad for what it tries to do..but if you clear out the first batch of fights, you are then thrown into a boss fight. Here, I got stuck. And died.

You can't bypass this fight, unless you reset the first several fights. Costs money to do this. Stuck again.

Not sure if they have this fixed, but there are better games out there, by far.

You can fight the same battles over and over again to grind/farm money/loot/XP.

The option to refresh fights is to change them completely.
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: Boggit on June 03, 2018, 07:37:56 AM
It's on sale

https://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/Low_Magic_Age/

Is anyone playing it, and if so is it any good?
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: Nefaro on June 03, 2018, 08:13:14 AM
Quote from: Boggit on June 03, 2018, 07:37:56 AM
It's on sale

https://store.steampowered.com/app/576770/Low_Magic_Age/

Is anyone playing it, and if so is it any good?

I picked it up super cheap a few months ago, but haven't played yet (since I've not been digital gaming lately). 

Had noticed that they were adding more campaign mechanics to it, as planned, so I jumped.  Last I checked they had been offering those in a public beta option.
Title: Re: Low Magic Age
Post by: FlickJax on June 04, 2018, 05:00:32 AM
might have to get this....