GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on April 07, 2017, 09:58:07 AM

Title: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 07, 2017, 09:58:07 AM
Note, this is NOT The Duffel Blog.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/marines-united-alphabay-russian-hack-military-nude-photo-scandal


fucking hell  :(

:pullhair: :pullhair:
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: mirth on April 07, 2017, 10:01:20 AM
What was that you were saying about humanity sucking?
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: Gusington on April 07, 2017, 10:09:30 AM
31,000+ images! Damn.
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: JasonPratt on April 07, 2017, 10:39:54 AM
World's biggest honey trap, sort of?
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 07, 2017, 12:22:56 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 07, 2017, 10:39:54 AM
World's biggest honey trap, sort of?

you clearly haven't been following the Marines United case
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: JasonPratt on April 10, 2017, 12:00:27 PM
Someone sets up a group called Marines United to promote self-porn (mostly female) among Marines and then quickly explodes to other service branches; and then all this material is stolen (easily enough) from its more-or-less private channel and will now be used to embarrass the services in various ways.

I don't quite know for sure where Facebook fits in -- I think at the beginning, definitely at the end (euphamisms not intended). But their involvement is incidental (in the sense that it could have been any social platform).

Depending on who exactly set up the original group, and their motives for doing so, that would be a massive honey trap variant: use sex as a tool for luring in fools who really should have known better, and exploit the results against the trapped, typically to attack who the trapped work for in various ways.

Or have I got the details materially wrong? (Granted I'm speculating about a hidden purpose for MUn that fits with its exploitation now.)
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: jamus34 on April 15, 2017, 09:48:22 PM
1) 20 yr olds are idgits...not condoning what was done but a cell phone nowadays is more dangerous than a gun.
2) Are the Russians that hard up for pron?
3) The Israelis have no problems with their female soldiers in skimpy attire.
4) which leads me to our nations taboo of the naked body and pron in general causes more issues than we can possibly know. Considering most of the developed world thinks we're animals because we will claim riotous anger at a supposed nip slip however we will regularly show gratuitous violence not only in our programming but even our news broadcasts.

Again, if any pictures were taken without consent then I hope the scumbags are strung up...but I cannot fathom what part of "if you take a digital picture of yourself it WILL end up on the internet for all eternity" do people NOT GET?
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: Nefaro on April 18, 2017, 01:03:45 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 15, 2017, 09:48:22 PM


Again, if any pictures were taken without consent then I hope the scumbags are strung up...but I cannot fathom what part of "if you take a digital picture of yourself it WILL end up on the internet for all eternity" do people NOT GET?


Mix that with a huge primary motive, profit, and this is what happens.

They're obviously selling porn material that cost them nothing.  Easy money, I expect.
Title: Re: Yes, the Marines United scandal just got worse...
Post by: Steelgrave on April 19, 2017, 09:58:33 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 15, 2017, 09:48:22 PM
Again, if any pictures were taken without consent then I hope the scumbags are strung up...but I cannot fathom what part of "if you take a digital picture of yourself it WILL end up on the internet for all eternity" do people NOT GET?

The same girls who fall for the scuzzy guys in the first place, then believe them when they say "this is just for me, I'll never show it to anyone else". Life teaches some hard lessons, this is the 21st century version  :P