GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Hartford688 on April 11, 2017, 02:19:40 AM

Title: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: Hartford688 on April 11, 2017, 02:19:40 AM
Probably no one here interested, but there is a rumour that Bioware Austin are working on a KotoR 3:

http://www.pcgamer.com/rumor-a-new-kotor-game-is-in-development-at-bioware-austin/
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: Tpek on April 11, 2017, 03:32:14 AM
I've been hearing rumours of KOTOR3 for quite some time now.

Hopefully they will turn out true. :)
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: Gusington on April 11, 2017, 06:27:48 AM
Paging Dr. Mirth...
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: bbmike on April 11, 2017, 07:54:48 AM
I'm hoping they've hired Manveer Heir to work on it.  :hide:
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: mirth on April 11, 2017, 08:04:40 AM
I don't dare hope this is true.
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: Hartford688 on April 11, 2017, 08:26:01 AM
It took me hours last night to fake that PC Gamer page...but worth it for the lulz

Joking aside - I just loaded KotOR 1 on my daughter's laptop on Sunday - and while she enjoyed the opening section she admitted a more modern version would be appreciated...
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: SirAndrewD on April 11, 2017, 01:35:21 PM
Rumors indicate it's apparently not KOTOR 3, but a canon KOTOR Reboot. 

Unfortunately now in the OP's posted article there are counter rumors indicate it's not happening.


Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: Hartford688 on April 11, 2017, 02:35:08 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 11, 2017, 01:35:21 PM
Rumors indicate it's apparently not KOTOR 3, but a canon KOTOR Reboot. 

Unfortunately now in the OP's posted article there are counter rumors indicate it's not happening.

But...but...I want it to be true!!!!

You told your kids about Santa Claus as well, didn't you?!
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: SirAndrewD on April 11, 2017, 04:05:49 PM
I steal lollipops from toddlers and kick puppies too.

But, yeah, I'm bummed as well.  My wife e-mailed me that article yesterday and my loins moistened. 

I think there could be some serious problems doing a canon KOTOR though, at least as far as Disney would be concerned.  They might want to save that era for some other, more lucrative media in the future.  I think the MMO is the last product we're going to see that's Legends.
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: Nefaro on April 11, 2017, 04:39:42 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 11, 2017, 07:54:48 AM
I'm hoping they've hired Manveer Heir to work on it.  :hide:

#:-)
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: Swatter on April 11, 2017, 10:22:44 PM
Drew Karpyshyn (a lead writer on KOTOR and employee of BW Austin) confirms he is working on a new SW game. From what I have heard, they might not do the Old Republic era due to that now being considered "Legends". Whatever era it is, they are probably the most experienced SW developers out there. I would imagine we might see something like Dragon Age: Inquisition set in the Star Wars universe, at least thats what I hope.
Title: Re: Some new Star Wars game
Post by: SirAndrewD on April 11, 2017, 10:36:36 PM
Quote from: Swatter on April 11, 2017, 10:22:44 PM
Drew Karpyshyn (a lead writer on KOTOR and employee of BW Austin) confirms he is working on a new SW game. From what I have heard, they might not do the Old Republic era due to that now being considered "Legends". Whatever era it is, they are probably the most experienced SW developers out there. I would imagine we might see something like Dragon Age: Inquisition set in the Star Wars universe, at least thats what I hope.

He confirmed he was working on a new game for Bioware, the Star Wars part was speculation.  As of today reports are that the new game is an entirely new IP. 

http://kotaku.com/that-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-rumor-isnt-1794215197