:notworthy:
http://planescape.com/
I did not need to see that.
Oh you certainly did.
I still have the original in the box. I finished it. Never played it again. Too uber-weird and mind-gamey for me.
Great RPG, I highly recommend it...but be prepared for a lot of reading. Played it when it came out and will get the EE version after the price goes down in the holiday sales.
LOVED IT. Back in the day. :dreamer: Still one of my favorite games of all time. But if you've played it once..... What can change the Nature of a game?
I plan on getting the EE for sure when the price comes down but 19.99 is awfully tempting too. Never played the original.
The original was a classic.
I have a copy somewhere on disk and planned to overhaul it with mods to bring it up to date like I just did with Oblivion but now...I don't have to :)
Absolutely loved it - probably my favorite RPG ever! :notworthy:
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 12, 2017, 12:02:03 PM
LOVED IT. Back in the day. :dreamer: Still one of my favorite games of all time. But if you've played it once..... What can change the Nature of a game?
Playing a different character build? (Maybe not; I've seen comments to the effect that the story is the story.)
Yes, the story carried the game on it's back all the way through. If there's so much 'new' then they've probably changed the game too much to still be the classic it was. I think nostalgia is the only reason to re-play the game. But that's not a bad reason though.
^You are an elderly enigma.
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 12, 2017, 01:57:48 PM
Yes, the story carried the game on it's back all the way through. If there's so much 'new' then they've probably changed the game too much to still be the classic it was. I think nostalgia is the only reason to re-play the game. But that's not a bad reason though.
If it's like the Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale enhanced editions there shouldn't be much in the way of changing the story. In those two games they did add some content but in the way of new NPC's and quests, but the basic storylines remained in place.
Elderly Enigma accepted. Elderly Enema not accepted. >:(
Switching your character up isn't advised. Just go with the default nameless---since many forget.. High wisdom is a MUST in this game. You can't experience all the story without it. It allows better
dialogue options, that are rewarded with higher experience points and/ items, and every point above 12 increases by 2-5% the Experience points (XPs) gained by defeated monsters. But more importantly most advances are through dialogue which makes wisdom rule. Next important is Intelligence and the charisma.
As for "changing' the game-they didn't touch it. Just mainly quality of life improvements and redoing the GUI for newer modern systems...up to 4k---and squashed some bugs that were never fixed and couldn't be fixed through mods. Best build STR 9, DEX 9, CON 9, Int 17, WIS 18, Car 13. - and remember stats can also be increased in game.....Tattoos, level ups and items.
Good advice. :notworthy: