Recovering from the flu and bronchitis, so rest will take priority to gaming, but probably SD44, Stellaris and messing around with the Jets DLC in the ARMA 3 Dev branch.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Hope you get well soon JH.
I don't ever recall having bronchitis - can't imagine it's very pleasant. Flu on the other hand is a fairly regular visitor and knocks me on my back.
Very probably more Elite as I now have a Cobra MkIII + 1m credits. Seems once I found my way out the arsehole of the universe, there's some decent trading to be had - or the devs just upped their game and chucked alot more content about.
I can't imagine Ghost Recon:Wildlands not getting fired up and I'll probably nip into Project Cars for a bit of racing. SD44 will wait until there's more content. I'm kind of at the limit of what I want to do with it in the beta (or early access - whatever it is).
I will definitely be trying to complete my Tamiya 1/35 Leopard 1A4 this weekend or at least get the base coats down and use next weekend for weathering.
Anjoy your weekend.
Get well soon JH
i plan on Afghanistan11 and SD44
also i have enlisted to the Open Beta of Dawn of War III (its MP only, slightly reduced content but all races) which is valid to play from 4/21 10AM PST to 24/4 10AM PST to get a impression on that one
(and if it will be to fast for my taste. cause for the full version i am more interested in the SP campaign and skirmishes vs AI then hectic MP)
who also likes to get keys here is the link https://www.dawnofwar.com/beta
you need a relic account or create (a throw away) one
the key you get in the email have to be activated at Steam ... the 18GB big package is already in preload! )
Mmm, The B-52s :bd:
Matrix Easter Sale effects reach to this weekend as well, so will be playing few of the larger Conflict of Heros firefights. While waiting for the CoH boardgame to arrive of course. That, and the last moves to mark my utter defeat to AI on DC1 Fall Weiss. Always wanted the Poles win anyway :smitten:
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 21, 2017, 05:11:43 AM
I will definitely be trying to complete my Tamiya 1/35 Leopard 1A4 this weekend or at least get the base coats down and use next weekend for weathering.
We want pictures when done!
Quote from: Crossroads on April 21, 2017, 06:10:52 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 21, 2017, 05:11:43 AM
I will definitely be trying to complete my Tamiya 1/35 Leopard 1A4 this weekend or at least get the base coats down and use next weekend for weathering.
We want pictures when done!
Oh, you have a thread out already, kool!
Get well JH. Didn't expect you to be a B52s fan.
All Witcher 3 all the time this weekend as time allows. If I dally in anything else it will be Medieval 2 TW.
Get some rest JH, my wife had that nastiness for about 3 months. :P
PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns with OJsDad... The Germans get a well deserved victory in our latest match. His opening hours ambush really put a dent the Red Tide's ability to return much damage.
PBEM DC1: Warsaw to Paris with Jason.... if either of us can stop playing SD44! :D
More SD44... I like the new Omaha map and the new divisions. Infantry heavy which is my speed. Used super heavy off board arty for the first time last match. Holy devastation Batman! :o
Finish roof repairs to Miata.
Clean house before my wife returns on Tuesday.
Hope you feel better soon, JH.
I'm working all weekend and in the wee hours of both Saturday and Sunday. Not much gaming this weekend.
Quote from: Crossroads on April 21, 2017, 06:12:00 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on April 21, 2017, 06:10:52 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 21, 2017, 05:11:43 AM
I will definitely be trying to complete my Tamiya 1/35 Leopard 1A4 this weekend or at least get the base coats down and use next weekend for weathering.
We want pictures when done!
Oh, you have a thread out already, kool!
I will update it when I've made some progress O0
Hope you feel better, Jarhead. I'm actually thinking about starting a game of EU4. I have no idea why.
My new hardcover manual for War in the West showed up yesterday, so I'll be diving into that. Other than trying to learn how to play WitW, it'll be the usual Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm at night.
Hope the bronchitis heals up real fast, Jarhead.
Probably some WOWs, SD44 and the dow3 open BETA.
Nothing really hard core.
Get well JH btw... I managed to get some wind in my face that contained weed killer about a year ago and have been having right lung probs. NOT fun and not much that can be done except for asthma medication or breathing machines. Keep those lungs dry and don't expose them to damp or cold. Somebody mentioned a while back that watercress is good but I like Kale for absorbing phlem and bringing up nasties... you have to get the juicy kind of kale though.
I had the Flu bad back in 2010 and got Bronchitis with it-- from all the coughing. I was VERY sick. So the doctor gave me some codeine for the cough and it made me crazy as hell-- nervous, agitated, and couldn't sleep. I couldn't sit still to wargame! That stuff went down the drain fast. I've been re-vamping my Neverwinter Nights 2 game I never finished with the "Mysteries of Westgate" add-on of late and kind of got re-hooked on that game. So I'll be stomping around the sewers of Westgate looking for loot and kicking ugly troll-butts.
JH
(https://img.memesuper.com/8492eec6c625eac8ab07b89fe0232c11_notimejpg-aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-meme_659-372.jpeg)
playing Afghanistan 11, Command ops2 and PBEM of DC:B
Get well JH!
B52 is an excellent choice!
Today i just finished with my kids our Master of Orion 4 campaign with the Mrsshans. We won by invading Antares...the Antaran fleet is really impressive.
I will probably play the following games:
- Armada 2526 (without supernova). The game plays differentely without the addon and it's harder to get money. I have a nice campaign going on.
- Civilization V...i have to continue my campaign with the Aztecs.
- Polaris Sector. I have started a game last week and will continue it. I still haven't got a clue of what i want to research next.
Mostly playing Strike Fighters 2 and Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam and really enjoying both games. With TrackIR, it's great fun. Tempted to get Falcon 4 and add the BMS mod, but I've read that there's a steep learning curve with that mod.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Promods map.
Quote from: WallysWorld on April 21, 2017, 02:53:18 PM
Mostly playing Strike Fighters 2 and Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam and really enjoying both games. With TrackIR, it's great fun. Tempted to get Falcon 4 and add the BMS mod, but I've read that there's a steep learning curve with that mod.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Promods map.
There are great Vietnam and Desert Storm mods for SF2 series. It's the only way I play those games.
As far as learning curve on BMS, I think it's the closest thing to being a fighter pilot most people will ever get.
Some space 4X Armada 2526 Gold and possibly some NewMoO and maybe a bit of DC: Barbarossa if I'm spaced out
Update: I think I might be a bit rusty on Armada, last time I played it there was a nice sedate 50+ turns eXploring and eXpanding, this game turn 4 I sign a 20 turn peace and mutual defence pact with the 2 new alien friends I have just met, turn 5 they declare war on each other, I'm obviously not the galactic UN :)
Well..not much on the agenda.
I have Pike and Shot still trying to understand the game- I like the campaign feature. It's hard to believe that is based on the engine for Battle Academy and it works so well.
I like the campaign feature. I'm kind of in this "tinkering" mood so I'll try something else like maybe dive into Armada 2526, or Endless Space...where ever the muse takes me.
Yeah I grabbed Fantasy General. (sigh) I have just too dang many games :buck2:
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 21, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
There are great Vietnam and Desert Storm mods for SF2 series. It's the only way I play those games.
As far as learning curve on BMS, I think it's the closest thing to being a fighter pilot most people will ever get.
Thanks! I've been looking at some SF2 mods on combatace.
I always look forward to reading the Friday Thread and seeing what games are popular.
One thing puzzles me though.
I see folks talking about playing 2-3 games of one genre (space 4x, for example) simultaneously.
How do you do that? If I have the rules for Stellaris in my head, then I go to GalCiv3, it takes hours to get the GalCiv3 conventions/strategies in mind. And then forget about going back to Stellaris in the same day.
I usually have 2-3 games going at a time, but of different genres--for instance, I have Stellaris, HOMM5, and Steel Division going. But these are all of different genres, so for me it works.
Quote from: paplan on April 21, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
I always look forward to reading the Friday Thread and seeing what games are popular.
One thing puzzles me though.
I see folks talking about playing 2-3 games of one genre (space 4x, for example) simultaneously.
How do you do that? If I have the rules for Stellaris in my head, then I go to GalCiv3, it takes hours to get the GalCiv3 conventions/strategies in mind. And then forget about going back to Stellaris in the same day.
I usually have 2-3 games going at a time, but of different genres--for instance, I have Stellaris, HOMM5, and Steel Division going. But these are all of different genres, so for me it works.
Actually, i usually try to play different games as well. Here are the reasons why i have 2-3 games of the same genre:
1) 4x is my favorite genre
2) I have too many games that i want to play
3) Usually i have one game that i am learning (now Polaris Sector) and games that i already knwo.
4)I am not very good at any of these games i guess...
Cheers
Paplan I can never really play more than two games at once...and they have to be different genres but roughly of the same historical era or story, like two Warhammer games at once or two Alien-themed games at once.
I blame my OCD.
Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2017, 04:25:40 PM
Paplan I can never really play more than two games at once...and they have to be different genres but roughly of the same historical era or story, like two Warhammer games at once or two Alien-themed games at once.
I blame my OCD.
Well, OCD or alcohol fried brain cells... :-"
I wish I could drink enough to fry my brain.
Quote from: Gusington on April 22, 2017, 04:47:33 PM
I wish I could drink enough to fry my brain.
You haven't been putting yer practice then... L:-)
'Tis true. I'll practice some more right now.
Good man. O0
I am the hardest working man not in show business.
Gus interest piece...
http://nypost.com/2017/04/21/race-of-tiny-hobbits-were-a-separate-species-study/ (http://nypost.com/2017/04/21/race-of-tiny-hobbits-were-a-separate-species-study/)
I knew I have felt different than the rest of you TallFolk.
Get well soon.
I played a little Fallout 4 inspired by zombie reading.
Now I'm on a 48hr hell ride of 850 miles to help my wife who has two ill parents. Drove 6 hours in the rain today.
That sucks, all the way around.
Stay safe in that rain Airboy. And watch those Sunday Drivers. O0
Sorry to hear that, airboy. Hope the your trip is safe and you are able to help the in laws.
I played a bunch of Civ this weekend. My mp buddy's schedule finally cleared up and we have a good game going. Have Justinian to my south and Willem and Genghis to my east. Genghis declared, but didn't pursue. Several turns after that, Justinian declared and he DID come after me. A crushed his attacking army and took his northernmost city before making peace. Now, I am trying to spread my religion and make enough troops for the return bout.
Quote from: airboy on April 23, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Get well soon.
I played a little Fallout 4 inspired by zombie reading.
Now I'm on a 48hr hell ride of 850 miles to help my wife who has two ill parents. Drove 6 hours in the rain today.
48 hours to go 850 miles? :o
I just drove from Gainesville, FL to DC (775 miles) and it only took 12 hours. Two weeks ago was from DC to Pensacola (1000+ miles) and it took just over 14 hours.
Thoughts are with you, airboy. My trip to FL was to help my parents.
Any impressions from you bubbas who played the DoW III mp beta over the weekend?
Quote from: bbmike on April 24, 2017, 05:36:42 AM
Quote from: airboy on April 23, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Get well soon.
I played a little Fallout 4 inspired by zombie reading.
Now I'm on a 48hr hell ride of 850 miles to help my wife who has two ill parents. Drove 6 hours in the rain today.
48 hours to go 850 miles? :o
I just drove from Gainesville, FL to DC (775 miles) and it only took 12 hours. Two weeks ago was from DC to Pensacola (1000+ miles) and it took just over 14 hours.
Thoughts are with you, airboy. My trip to FL was to help my parents.
My mileage may be off. It is Alabama to NC and back.
I've ended up playing a mix of
Stellaris,
Lords of the Realm II, and a fun Klingon campaign in
Birth of the Federation this past week. May turn the latter into an AAR, if I can get my butt in gear.
Quote from: Anguille on April 22, 2017, 02:42:53 AM
Quote from: paplan on April 21, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
I always look forward to reading the Friday Thread and seeing what games are popular.
One thing puzzles me though.
I see folks talking about playing 2-3 games of one genre (space 4x, for example) simultaneously.
How do you do that? If I have the rules for Stellaris in my head, then I go to GalCiv3, it takes hours to get the GalCiv3 conventions/strategies in mind. And then forget about going back to Stellaris in the same day.
I usually have 2-3 games going at a time, but of different genres--for instance, I have Stellaris, HOMM5, and Steel Division going. But these are all of different genres, so for me it works.
Actually, i usually try to play different games as well. Here are the reasons why i have 2-3 games of the same genre:
1) 4x is my favorite genre
2) I have too many games that i want to play
3) Usually i have one game that i am learning (now Polaris Sector) and games that i already knwo.
4)I am not very good at any of these games i guess...
Cheers
Ha! I'd say that sums up my own situation as well quite nicely. ::)
I got to play almost-nothing this weekend, outside of maybe a couple of hours of Arkham City (because I needed to stomp some thugs -- I keep the Arkham series on slow burn to pick up and play).
I did however get about half of Turn 3's episode produced, in my AAR vs Barth. Considering my lack of energy and time this weekend, that's no small accomplishment: I work about 12 hours an ep, not counting render attempts, checking the render(s), and upload.
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 26, 2017, 11:27:54 AM
I got to play almost-nothing this weekend, outside of maybe a couple of hours of Arkham City (because I needed to stomp some thugs -- I keep the Arkham series on slow burn to pick up and play).
I did however get about half of Turn 3's episode produced, in my AAR vs Barth. Considering my lack of energy and time this weekend, that's no small accomplishment: I work about 12 hours an ep, not counting render attempts, checking the render(s), and upload.
Cheers Jason, really looking towards your next episode vs Barth. 12 hours, wow. Well worth the effort though and much appreciated! :clap:
Quote from: Crossroads on April 27, 2017, 02:01:29 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 26, 2017, 11:27:54 AM
I got to play almost-nothing this weekend, outside of maybe a couple of hours of Arkham City (because I needed to stomp some thugs -- I keep the Arkham series on slow burn to pick up and play).
I did however get about half of Turn 3's episode produced, in my AAR vs Barth. Considering my lack of energy and time this weekend, that's no small accomplishment: I work about 12 hours an ep, not counting render attempts, checking the render(s), and upload.
Cheers Jason, really looking towards your next episode vs Barth. 12 hours, wow. Well worth the effort though and much appreciated! :clap:
12 hours!?! :o I feel ashamed at the paltry 1.5 hrs I spend writing up my turns.... :buck2:
Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2017, 02:06:34 PM
12 hours!?! :o I feel ashamed far more efficiently intelligent at the paltry 1.5 hrs I spend writing up my turns.... :buck2:
Fixed that for you. O0
Edited to add: got solidly on my way editing footage and commentary together, earlier this evening. Fully expect to upload it this weekend sometime.
Need to finish my own push on Poland in DC 1 (whose purchase was inspired by JP and B's current go at each other).
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 28, 2017, 04:26:38 AM
Need to finish my own push on Poland in DC 1 (whose purchase was inspired by JP and B's current go at each other).
Yes, me too :knuppel2: