GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Martok on April 26, 2017, 07:04:17 AM

Title: Zero K
Post by: Martok on April 26, 2017, 07:04:17 AM
http://zero-k.info/





Anyone heard of this game?  Just stumbled across it a couple days ago.  It's definitely still in an alpha state and buggy as hell (it's already crashed on me a couple times while doing the tutorials), but I like the concept. 



(EDIT:  Forgot to include the trailer!) 
Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2017, 07:12:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely looks rough, but it sure is cheap. How is the AI?

Have you played Planetary Annhilation? I think it's an underrated game.
Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Tpek on April 26, 2017, 02:45:06 PM
The whole "battle between a giant mech and a giant scorpion-mech" reminds me of an old movie whose name seems to escape me.
Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Martok on April 27, 2017, 02:33:38 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2017, 07:12:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely looks rough, but it sure is cheap. How is the AI?
Truthfully, I can't comment on the AI yet, as I've only played some of the tutorials so far, and want to get through those first.  (I'm a completionist that way. ::) ) 



Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2017, 07:12:01 AM
Have you played Planetary Annhilation? I think it's an underrated game.
I confess I haven't.  There are aspects of the game that are very appealing, but ultimately I don't believe it's quite my style.  Despite its epic scale, it's not the true grand-strategy experience that I crave. 




Quote from: Tpek on April 26, 2017, 02:45:06 PM
The whole "battle between a giant mech and a giant scorpion-mech" reminds me of an old movie whose name seems to escape me.
Sounds like something from The Power Rangers.  :P 

Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Yskonyn on April 27, 2017, 06:51:30 AM
I would suggest Ashes of the Singularity Escalation.
Very strong AI and lots of development going on.
It looks absolutely great too.
Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 27, 2017, 07:05:01 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2017, 06:51:30 AM
I would suggest Ashes of the Singularity Escalation.
Very strong AI and lots of development going on.
It looks absolutely great too.

For some reason this game never grabbed me. I wanted to like it, but it was just so dull. Maybe it was the units? The story? I don't know...
Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Yskonyn on April 27, 2017, 08:41:07 AM
Have you tried it recently? Its received a lot of new content since release. Campaign has been overhauled.
Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 27, 2017, 09:33:09 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2017, 08:41:07 AM
Have you tried it recently? Its received a lot of new content since release. Campaign has been overhauled.

I have not tried it since Escalation was released.
Title: Re: Zero K
Post by: Tpek on April 27, 2017, 11:23:36 AM
Quote from: Tpek on April 26, 2017, 02:45:06 PM
The whole "battle between a giant mech and a giant scorpion-mech" reminds me of an old movie whose name seems to escape me.

Found it: Robot Wars
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107979/?ref_=nv_sr_3