GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Slick Wilhelm on April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM

Title: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
You rock heathens. Bow down to the master, Gustav Mahler. Finale of his Symphony No. 8(Symphony of a Thousand).


This weekend I'll be beginning my first scenario of War in the West, and some Red Orchestra 2.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 10:52:53 PM
Well, i kinda feel like a heathen after listening to that and being left with the feeling of being un-cultured \m/  ...I do enjoy classical music mainly piano and violin so i'm only three quarter heathen.

I'll be continuing my Panzer Battles PBEM battle Hannut as the Germans. I've having a hard time dealing with the Somua's, my tank losses are mounting.Also playing a single player scenario in Panzer Battles Normandy, Cobra Breakout. Some Graviteam Mius Front, I've picked up the UI pretty quickly this time, going to start a campaign in preparation for the new Game releasing next week. 
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Con on April 27, 2017, 11:03:55 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
You rock heathens. Bow down to the master, Gustav Mahler. Finale of his Symphony No. 8(Symphony of a Thousand).


This weekend I'll be beginning my first scenario of War in the West, and some Red Orchestra 2.

Needs more Cowbell
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: MetalDog on April 27, 2017, 11:25:27 PM
This weekend will consist of:

Mowing on Friday and Saturday

P&p D&D prep for the following Saturday's session - the party has survived a tough fight with 16 ghouls led by a monstrous ghast (and just so you don't think it's Monty Haul, there are 7 PC's and 1 NPC in the party, all 4th level and just got their first large cache of magic items: a breastplate marked with the Red Dragon symbol of the Dragon Cult and a longsword with a dragon wing guard, a chain shirt and warhammer, a staff, a ring, and a necklace.  Not a whole lot for 7 players).

Putting up the Feeder Bracket for 1990 in the Music Forum (follow the link in my sig to find the current bracket going on now).

Probably a little Civ IV mp.  Once my opponent gets the Civ bug, it's pretty strong.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: MengJiao on April 28, 2017, 05:16:34 AM
Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 10:52:53 PM
Well, i kinda feel like a heathen after listening to that and being left with the feeling of being un-cultured \m/  ...I do enjoy classical music mainly piano and violin so i'm only three quarter heathen.

I'll be continuing my Panzer Battles PBEM battle Hannut as the Germans. I've having a hard time dealing with the Somua's, my tank losses are mounting.Also playing a single player scenario in Panzer Battles Normandy, Cobra Breakout. Some Graviteam Mius Front, I've picked up the UI pretty quickly this time, going to start a campaign in preparation for the new Game releasing next week.

      I'll be doing similar things plus maybe combining board and computer gaming by maybe writing some Python functions that return boat speed or gunnery hits or something for Close Action.  That's mostly just a way to motivate me to learn some Python.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: jamus34 on April 28, 2017, 05:17:53 AM
Yard work, youth soccer and switching out the winter wheel setup in my whip will dominate most of the weekend.

What time I do have will hopefully be spent on Heroes of the Storm, Witcher 3 and DC:Barbarossa
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 06:20:08 AM
DoW III, Expeditions: Viking, ARMA III, Halo Wars 2, maybe start a new game of Polaris Sector?

Drive to NJ on Saturday for mother-in-law's 70th and probably some drone flying if weather permits. My cough is finally lifting!
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: trailrunner on April 28, 2017, 06:35:53 AM
Finish my (elderly) mother's taxes.

Do some maintenance on my mower, then mow the lawn.

Install new bar and chain on my chainsaw and cut down small tree.  Maybe haul to landfill.

Dinner on friday night with my wife.

Wash the truck (we're now in the orange pollen stage).

Cut up some old pallets I was using for compost bin and maybe take to landfill.

One bike ride, one trail run.

Go to shooting range.

Take nap. 

Enjoy a cigar.

Wife has plans on saturday night so might be able to finally finish that ASL game.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: jamus34 on April 28, 2017, 06:45:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 06:20:08 AM
DoW III, Expeditions: Viking, ARMA III, Halo Wars 2, maybe start a new game of Polaris Sector?

Drive to NJ on Saturday for mother-in-law's 70th and probably some drone flying if weather permits. My cough is finally lifting!

Crap JH where in Jersey you coming? I've been in the godforsaken state most of my life
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 28, 2017, 06:47:32 AM
Superb stuff Slick  O0 O0

Guardians of the Galaxy II tonight. I'll be weathering my Leopard 1A4 model tonight or tomorrow and then starting work on a new model set - Airfix 1/72 WWII RAF Vehicle Set. I don't normally do that size (a bit small) but I was bought it as a Christmas present - so needs must

I honestly do not know what I will play. Probably Ghost Recon Wildlands and perhaps Elite Dangerous. I might fire up Star Citizen too - see if I can get a grip of how to do things

Enjoy yourselves
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: bbmike on April 28, 2017, 06:49:46 AM
Outside house work which is bad because of the mass amounts of pollen I'm allergic to. I probably play Civ4 Colonization and a space 4x or two.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 06:57:35 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 28, 2017, 06:45:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 06:20:08 AM
DoW III, Expeditions: Viking, ARMA III, Halo Wars 2, maybe start a new game of Polaris Sector?

Drive to NJ on Saturday for mother-in-law's 70th and probably some drone flying if weather permits. My cough is finally lifting!

Crap JH where in Jersey you coming? I've been in the godforsaken state most of my life

My wife is a native. I think we're going to her brother who lives in North Caldwell. They're originally from Westfield and she lived in Hoboken when I found her.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Barthheart on April 28, 2017, 07:04:23 AM
I need to write up some of the games I'm involved in... The Jena PBF game run by Cyrano has some interesting things happening and the DC1: Warsaw to Paris match with Jason needs a third installment before Jason gets his out and /or he sends me the turn back.

I've gotten hooked on CKII again. Playing as Leon from 1066.... slaying brothers, absorbing titles, bashing some arab heads... fun times.

Yard work starts in earnest now the nice weather is here. So planting to do, lawn mowing, pool prepping, etc.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: mirth on April 28, 2017, 07:17:50 AM
Minis gaming tonight, boardgaming tomorrow, getting back into ME Andromeda on Sunday.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 28, 2017, 07:35:49 AM
Almost at the end of Witcher 3 - man do things get wacky/fruity at the end of the main story. Also want to begin a Kievan Rus campaign in Medieval 2 TW Stainless Steel. Alien - Isolation is on the horizon too as is Batman - Arkham Origins.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Anguille on April 28, 2017, 07:53:28 AM
I think i am mostly going to play Master of Orion CtS....current game is small galaxy with the Psilons on hard (first time). I am way behind in almost everything. Goal is to take Orion to get some points and tech but this can take a while...just lost my main fleet against a space dragon....
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Ian C on April 28, 2017, 08:32:59 AM
I've been playing a lot of Stars in Shadow recently. Classic game.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: sandman2575 on April 28, 2017, 08:39:56 AM
Well played, Slick Will  -- yet you picked the single Mahler symphony I strongly dislike!  :tickedoff:

Think I may spend some time with CMFI/GL in the '4.0' edition.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: sandman2575 on April 28, 2017, 08:41:07 AM
Quote from: Con on April 27, 2017, 11:03:55 PM
Needs more Cowbell

;D  This is such a perfect rejoinder, given that Mahler actually does use cowbells in his 7th Symphony.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 08:42:20 AM
Quote from: Ian C on April 28, 2017, 08:32:59 AM
I've been playing a lot of Stars in Shadow recently. Classic game.

What race do you prefer to play? This is a game I keep telling myself I want to get into...

Consider doing an AAR?
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Rayfer on April 28, 2017, 08:46:34 AM
SW....awesome song choice, loved it!  Still trying to wrap my head around HoI4 with the Black Ice mod.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: mirth on April 28, 2017, 08:51:01 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 08:42:20 AM
Consider doing an AAR?


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fv002o.popscreen.com%2FeGN0MGxvMTI%3D_o_resident-evil-4-walkthrough-19-its-a-trap.jpg&hash=c46e37806812b6119e109160f3354882abb2ab75)
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: airboy on April 28, 2017, 09:11:05 AM
I need to spray a bunch of roundup on the weeds - if we have a sunny day.

Wife returns home on Saturday night.

I hope to read the Armada 2526 Manual and start on it.

Jarhead - glad you are feeling better.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Rayfer on April 28, 2017, 10:10:03 AM
Quote from: trailrunner on April 28, 2017, 06:35:53 AM
Finish my (elderly) mother's taxes.

Do some maintenance on my mower, then mow the lawn.

Install new bar and chain on my chainsaw and cut down small tree.  Maybe haul to landfill.

Dinner on friday night with my wife.

Wash the truck (we're now in the orange pollen stage).

Cut up some old pallets I was using for compost bin and maybe take to landfill.

One bike ride, one trail run.

Go to shooting range.

Take nap. 

Enjoy a cigar.

Wife has plans on saturday night so might be able to finally finish that ASL game.

LOL....that's more like a decade of my life.  :-"
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Cyrano on April 28, 2017, 10:11:33 AM
My Friday is better due to this musical selection.

JTS PBEM.  Discovering (rediscovering?)  just how puzzle-y the Napoleonic system becomes when manual defensive fire is turned on.

Getting some Turks slaughtered at Gallipoli vs. Boggit.

All the Borderlands 2.  Finished True Vault Hunter with my son and we're working out way through the DLC.



Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: JasonPratt on April 28, 2017, 10:22:03 AM
Primarily working on the episode for Turn 3, and then actually playing Turn 4, in my DC:Blitz game vs Barth. (I was delayed last week due to a death in my brother's family, his wife's mom. Plus still recovering from spring cold.) The Polish are putting up a much more difficult fact than historically!
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Ian C on April 28, 2017, 12:14:04 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2017, 08:42:20 AM
Quote from: Ian C on April 28, 2017, 08:32:59 AM
I've been playing a lot of Stars in Shadow recently. Classic game.

What race do you prefer to play? This is a game I keep telling myself I want to get into...

Consider doing an AAR?

Humans, Every time....
I'd love to do an AAR but time is not good at the moment. ... :(
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 28, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
Inspired by Pratt and Barth's AAR of DC 1's Case White, I went back and re-played the campaign again on 'Normal' difficulty with the AI given more time to think about it's moves. I've got 2 turns left and the AI has Warsaw turned into a parking lot of troops dug-in and covered everyway possible by arty and flak. I recon I maybe a 20% chance of finishing on time.  :-[  So, some Neverwinter Nights for a break this weekend along with some drinking and swearing at my poor performance.  L:-)
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Barthheart on April 28, 2017, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 28, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
Inspired by Pratt and Barth's AAR of DC 1's Case White, I went back and re-played the campaign again on 'Normal' difficulty with the AI given more time to think about it's moves. I've got 2 turns left and the AI has Warsaw turned into a parking lot of troops dug-in and covered everyway possible by arty and flak. I recon I maybe a 20% chance of finishing on time.  :-[  So, some Neverwinter Nights for a break this weekend along with some drinking and swearing at my poor performance.  L:-)

I could tell you how to win this scenario but there are ears everywhere.... maybe when were done...  ^-^
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Crossroads on April 28, 2017, 02:29:19 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 28, 2017, 10:22:03 AM
Primarily working on the episode for Turn 3, and then actually playing Turn 4, in my DC:Blitz game vs Barth. (I was delayed last week due to a death in my brother's family, his wife's mom. Plus still recovering from spring cold.) The Polish are putting up a much more difficult fact than historically!

They watched your videos. No, not the DAR ones, but Sabaton.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 28, 2017, 02:53:54 PM
Day 92:


Not sure how much longer this will go on.  Gods please make this madness end!  My digital games go un-played.  The Gaming PC fell by the wayside awhile back.  I've not looked upon it's bright face in so long.  He may well be dead and cannibalized by now, for all I know.  I'm beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination; just a constructed memory.  Would I recognize it if I saw it?

If you're reading this, and not lost in the same funking desert, please send help. 




Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: CJReich46 on April 28, 2017, 03:19:55 PM
Well let's see...

I have off tomorrow (just an 8-12pm) on Sun.
Sooo...

I have been enjoying Pathfinder: Rise of Runelords on my tablet.  Might play a bit of that.
I dunno really as far as anything else going though but who knows.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 28, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
I don't know where in the world you are CJ but enjoy regardless.

Nef is it really 92 days? That's a long drought, even for me.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 28, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
I don't know where in the world you are CJ but enjoy regardless.

Nef is it really 92 days? That's a long drought, even for me.


It may be even longer.  I lost count.

My multi-player buddies probably think I've gone Ted Kaczynski by now.

Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 28, 2017, 10:02:13 PM
Do what I did when my old computer died Nef, sit in front of the dead one and PRETEND like you're still playing on it. It doesn't fill the craving but I did play better in my mind than in reality.  :o
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: MengJiao on April 28, 2017, 11:42:52 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 28, 2017, 05:16:34 AM
Quote from: -budd- on April 27, 2017, 10:52:53 PM
Well, i kinda feel like a heathen after listening to that and being left with the feeling of being un-cultured \m/  ...I do enjoy classical music mainly piano and violin so i'm only three quarter heathen.

I'll be continuing my Panzer Battles PBEM battle Hannut as the Germans. I've having a hard time dealing with the Somua's, my tank losses are mounting.Also playing a single player scenario in Panzer Battles Normandy, Cobra Breakout. Some Graviteam Mius Front, I've picked up the UI pretty quickly this time, going to start a campaign in preparation for the new Game releasing next week.

      I'll be doing similar things plus maybe combining board and computer gaming by maybe writing some Python functions that return boat speed or gunnery hits or something for Close Action.  That's mostly just a way to motivate me to learn some Python.

  No Python yet -- just Naval Action Beta
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Toonces on April 29, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Lol sir slash.

Nothing so far, but maybe some bums, Wolff, and/or scourge of war Gettysburg later.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: JasonPratt on April 29, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
Nef,

Send Batman?  >:D

Sounds like you should watch some movies and read books and see what sparks interest there. Or troll the internet for gaming. Still, after this long you've probably tried everything.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: JasonPratt on April 29, 2017, 09:40:52 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 28, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
Inspired by Pratt and Barth's AAR of DC 1's Case White, I went back and re-played the campaign again on 'Normal' difficulty with the AI given more time to think about it's moves. I've got 2 turns left and the AI has Warsaw turned into a parking lot of troops dug-in and covered everyway possible by arty and flak. I recon I maybe a 20% chance of finishing on time.  :-[  So, some Neverwinter Nights for a break this weekend along with some drinking and swearing at my poor performance.  L:-)

As long as you pick up all the rest of the orange target cities, you don't need Warsaw. The flip side is that the Poles only need to keep Warsaw and one other orange city to totally win.

(Barth's well aware of this, so I'm not spoiling things there.)
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: berto on April 29, 2017, 12:07:02 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
You rock heathens. Bow down to the master, Gustav Mahler. Finale of his Symphony No. 8(Symphony of a Thousand).


I once attended a live performance of Mahler's Symphony #8 by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra under the direction of the legendary Sir Georg Solti.

I prefer the Finale to Symphony #2.  But overall, for me, Mahler's Symphonies #4 & #9 and Das Lied von der Erde are tops.

Mahler!   :notworthy:
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 29, 2017, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 29, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
Nef,

Send Batman?  >:D

Sounds like you should watch some movies and read books and see what sparks interest there. Or troll the internet for gaming. Still, after this long you've probably tried everything.

:)

That's actually what I've been doing.  Plus some tabletop tinkering.  Still have plenty of mini painting to resort to also. 

When my urge to play digital games eventually returns, I'll probably be ravenous in doing so after holding the reset button for so long.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: CJReich46 on April 29, 2017, 05:22:06 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
I don't know where in the world you are CJ but enjoy regardless.

Nef is it really 92 days? That's a long drought, even for me.


It may be even longer.  I lost count.

My multi-player buddies probably think I've gone Ted Kaczynski by now.



I'm still in Wisconsin.  Thanks for the wishes Gus.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Tuna on April 29, 2017, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on April 29, 2017, 05:22:06 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
I don't know where in the world you are CJ but enjoy regardless.

Nef is it really 92 days? That's a long drought, even for me.


It may be even longer.  I lost count.

My multi-player buddies probably think I've gone Ted Kaczynski by now.



I'm still in Wisconsin.  Thanks for the wishes Gus.

Who is this Nef guy?.. I bug him every other week!  :crazy2:
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 29, 2017, 06:39:41 PM
Quote from: Tuna on April 29, 2017, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on April 29, 2017, 05:22:06 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 28, 2017, 05:41:17 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
I don't know where in the world you are CJ but enjoy regardless.

Nef is it really 92 days? That's a long drought, even for me.


It may be even longer.  I lost count.

My multi-player buddies probably think I've gone Ted Kaczynski by now.



I'm still in Wisconsin.  Thanks for the wishes Gus.

Who is this Nef guy?.. I bug him every other week!  :crazy2:


It's reassuring, you guys occasionally checking to see if I'm still alive and refraining from a barricaded hostage situation. 


Just gotta go see the Wizard about getting my Digital Gaming back. 
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Skwerl on April 30, 2017, 09:53:17 AM
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War III (I like it so far)
Stellaris
Panzer Corps
Ravenmark: Siege of Estellion
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Tuna on April 30, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
Friday night watched the Celtics with my son. First day home from school, and he asked me. So of course I said yes, someday I may long for one of my kids to ask me to do something with em! I miss the days when I used to Call of Duty or Battlefield with them.

Yesterday, did a lil Wasteland 2.. and last night had a murderous Waterloo session with Tactical Gamer and his friends and Asid. Jason Pratt sat in for "Play by Play"..

Don't know what is on the agenda for today.

Aftermath of last night's battle (I only had one brigade left at the end, very bad on my part).

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2819/33548154563_3059110394_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/T7x4xZ)waterloo2-043017 (https://flic.kr/p/T7x4xZ)
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: jamus34 on April 30, 2017, 10:31:43 AM
Quote from: Tuna on April 30, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
Friday night watched the Celtics with my son. First day home from school, and he asked me. So of course I said yes, someday I may long for one of my kids to ask me to do something with em! I miss the days when I used to Call of Duty or Battlefield with them.

Yesterday, did a lil Wasteland 2.. and last night had a murderous Waterloo session with Tactical Gamer and his friends and Asid. Jason Pratt sat in for "Play by Play"..

Don't know what is on the agenda for today.

Aftermath of last night's battle (I only had one brigade left at the end, very bad on my part).

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2819/33548154563_3059110394_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/T7x4xZ)waterloo2-043017 (https://flic.kr/p/T7x4xZ)

"Bloody Hell"






sorry, couldn't resist ;)
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 30, 2017, 02:13:30 PM
^That is the cleanest looking battlefield I have ever seen. Looks like they are all just taking a nap.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 30, 2017, 05:30:42 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 30, 2017, 02:13:30 PM
^That is the cleanest looking battlefield I have ever seen. Looks like they are all just taking a nap.

It would be ungentlemanly to bleed on everything.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: jamus34 on April 30, 2017, 08:26:36 PM
There were supposed to be torrents of blood...

But the Marketing people decided they wanted to release a T - rated game as M games do not sell as well ;)
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 30, 2017, 10:06:22 PM
That's a lot of dead Frenchmen. Somebody can shoot damned good. Or is it damned well?
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: JasonPratt on April 30, 2017, 10:35:20 PM
Listening to that match on 'radio', as it were, was fairly entertaining although sadly I had to leave before the grand finale. Did we Prussians win? If you only had one brigade left I'm inclined to think not... but the other divisions sounded like they were doing well despite three or four new players under Asid's command who, interestingly, were all LANing their side in the same room! (Not Asid.)

Meanwhile, I can't recall getting any actual gaming done this weekend (being too late to get involved in whatever debacle Tuna's snapshot represents!), but I did finish editing and compiling Ep 3 (which won't be live and linked until tomorrow sometime), as planned; and not only that but I finished editing and compiling an Ep 0 and Ep 1 of a second series!

So I'll be uploading those presently, at which time I shall speak more openly about them. They're played on Tabletop Simulator, Nefaro, so perhaps the joint application of tinkering with tabletops on a digital platform will be of some inspiration! (This leads to the question of where to post the AAR, but I may just create two threads and link to the main one from the other...)

I'm glad to be caught up on these things and thus also preparing for Turn 4 vs Barth, and Turn 2 vs... the secret opponents of my other project. It's a game I had never played before and so, naturally, will be an Absolute Newbie tutorial in the truest sense.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Tuna on May 01, 2017, 06:19:48 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 30, 2017, 10:35:20 PM
Listening to that match on 'radio', as it were, was fairly entertaining although sadly I had to leave before the grand finale. Did we Prussians win? If you only had one brigade left I'm inclined to think not... but the other divisions sounded like they were doing well despite three or four new players under Asid's command who, interestingly, were all LANing their side in the same room! (Not Asid.)

Yes we won. My issue was I got to the woods/objective with my Calvary, but the French infantry were entering the woods quickly. Asid commanded me to move to the right flank. When I commanded my troops to go there, one of the divisions just ignored me. So I had one division of infantry and one of Calvary that I could command. It was my first time with Calvary so was more of a learning experience. But we won and it was fun, so that is what counts! .. I didn't realize Tactical Gamer's friends were all in the same room together. I think he was the only one that had voice.
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Hofstadter on May 01, 2017, 07:21:12 AM
You guys wanna hear something funny.

A guy commented on a decisive campaigns Barbarossa video and called it an inferior version of HoI.

I leld

QuoteHey ;)
Have you played Hearts of Iron 3 (NOT 4) with the Black Ice mod?
DC:B just seems like an inferior version of that game to me, but it is more interesting when looking at the decisions you have to make... although they make no sense, mostly...
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: jamus34 on May 01, 2017, 08:30:15 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on May 01, 2017, 07:21:12 AM
You guys wanna hear something funny.

A guy commented on a decisive campaigns Barbarossa video and called it an inferior version of HoI.

I leld

That is funny, sad and insulting all at the same time
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Nefaro on May 01, 2017, 12:35:22 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 30, 2017, 08:26:36 PM
There were supposed to be torrents of blood...

But the Marketing people decided they wanted to release a T - rated game as M games do not sell as well ;)


I'm sure the tweenies are beating down the doors to purchase Scourge Of War.  Especially because it has no blood.   >:(

The negative effect maturity rating systems have on features in games and movies gives me syphilis.   :tickedoff:



At least they're not using it as an excuse to charge extra for a separate "blood pack" DLC.  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: jamus34 on May 01, 2017, 01:38:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 01, 2017, 12:35:22 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 30, 2017, 08:26:36 PM
There were supposed to be torrents of blood...

But the Marketing people decided they wanted to release a T - rated game as M games do not sell as well ;)


I'm sure the tweenies are beating down the doors to purchase Scourge Of War.  Especially because it has no blood.   >:(

The negative effect maturity rating systems have on features in games and movies gives me syphilis.   :tickedoff:



At least they're not using it as an excuse to charge extra for a separate "blood pack" DLC.  :knuppel2:

Sorry man, wasn't trying to get you riled up. I imagine this genre is so niche that marketing is not high on the priority list
Title: Re: Your MAHLER Friday
Post by: Nefaro on May 01, 2017, 02:48:31 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on May 01, 2017, 01:38:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 01, 2017, 12:35:22 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 30, 2017, 08:26:36 PM
There were supposed to be torrents of blood...

But the Marketing people decided they wanted to release a T - rated game as M games do not sell as well ;)


I'm sure the tweenies are beating down the doors to purchase Scourge Of War.  Especially because it has no blood.   >:(

The negative effect maturity rating systems have on features in games and movies gives me syphilis.   :tickedoff:



At least they're not using it as an excuse to charge extra for a separate "blood pack" DLC.  :knuppel2:

Sorry man, wasn't trying to get you riled up. I imagine this genre is so niche that marketing is not high on the priority list


Riled is my natural state!   :))