GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: acctingman on April 28, 2017, 04:43:54 PM

Title: Chit makers!
Post by: acctingman on April 28, 2017, 04:43:54 PM
So, anyone here know a good way to make your own chit?..lol, sorry....I'm so juvenile sometimes  :DD

Anyways, my friend gifted me Conflict of Heroes and I LOVE it. Buying the solo expansion soon, but I was thinking of adding my own units. Italians, Brits and more of every other nation. So.....my question to you cardboard pushers is, where does one get chits made? Do you make them yourself? Is there someone who provides the service?

Also, to anyone who has done this sort of thing. What program do you use to make the counters? Let's say I wanted to make a M-4A4 counter. I'd find an image online, but how does one get the stats on the counter.

I'm going to head over to BoardgameGeek and see if I can find some info.

Thanks
Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: ArizonaTank on April 28, 2017, 05:22:42 PM
I'm not an expert, but I have done this. 

GMT makes plenty of blank supplies and noble knight sells them:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137418062_A_ManufacturerID_E_127_A_CategoryID_E_4_A_GenreID_E_ (http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137418062_A_ManufacturerID_E_127_A_CategoryID_E_4_A_GenreID_E_)

I start with a countersheet scan from Boardgame Geek; most games have them now.  I take a counter image that is close to the one I want to make, then use a paint program to change it.  Lets say it is a 2-3 counter, but you want 4-3.  Find another counter with a "4", copy the "4" over to the counter you are making.  For a new image, say a Sherman silhouette, you will need to play around with the paint program to get it on there.

Once the counter has the content I want, I play around with sizing the image to get it right.  I then print on a color printer.  I glue to image onto the blank counter, and use some sort of seal to give it some durability and a nice sheen.  They aren't wonderful, but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference once you get the knack. 

Of course, this absolutely works to make replacement counters as well.

Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: bbmike on April 28, 2017, 05:42:23 PM
^Have you tried printing on sticker sheets?
Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: acctingman on April 28, 2017, 07:52:06 PM
Thanks AT, but it doesn't look like they sell 1" counters. I'll keep looking.
Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: Capn Darwin on April 28, 2017, 08:36:55 PM
Look up Litko, they can do custom markers of various shapes, sizes, and materials. From there print counters on label sheets, cut and apply.
Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 28, 2017, 08:38:29 PM
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=279.0
Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 28, 2017, 08:42:21 PM
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6129.msg148716#msg148716
Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: Pinetree on April 30, 2017, 07:04:13 PM
A couple of places you could try:
https://www.printplaygames.com/ (https://www.printplaygames.com/) - haven't tried these guys but I'm thinking of using them to make me copy of Grav Armor as the prices look more than reasonable.
http://microgamedesigngroup.com/WreckingYard/diecutting.html (http://microgamedesigngroup.com/WreckingYard/diecutting.html) - Kerry Anderson's service. I bought a set of Berlin '85 Stoss variant counters and they are great.
Title: Re: Chit makers!
Post by: Richie61 on May 01, 2017, 06:24:01 AM
I roughly followed this to make my Valor & Victory WWII squad based game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/666901/constructing-vv-building-armies-hedgerow-hell-with