GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: airboy on April 30, 2017, 10:14:59 AM

Title: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: airboy on April 30, 2017, 10:14:59 AM
Strategic Command WW1 had become unplayable for me due to Windows 10.  They have a patch which (hopefully) fixes this problem.

I'm really glad because I've been wanting to play the Russian Civil War scenario.

You can find the information at: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=266&Itemid=475
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: demjansk1942 on April 30, 2017, 05:04:27 PM
Hi

I deleted this game off my HD.  How do I get it again with the license thing?

Thanks
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: Pete Dero on May 01, 2017, 03:23:24 AM
Try here (download area) :  http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.downloads&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26


Retreiving the license key : https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127845
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: demjansk1942 on May 01, 2017, 08:33:32 PM
Thanks Pete, they should have a system like matrix
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: spelk on December 07, 2017, 06:43:41 AM
Looks like theres a "classic" version of this game being re-released under Matrix.. includes the Breakthrough expansion..

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2465/Strategic.Command.WW1.Classic.is.OUT!
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: bbmike on December 07, 2017, 11:27:23 AM
"This is not a new game. We are taking over from Battlefront as the publisher of this game."

I wonder if this means we will eventually see Strategic Command Global and Pacific on Matrix Games. I would love that since it would mean Battlefront's horrible DRM would be gone.
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: mirth on December 07, 2017, 11:31:41 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 07, 2017, 11:27:23 AM
I would love that since it would mean Battlefront's horrible DRM would be gone.

+1
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: airboy on December 07, 2017, 12:39:13 PM
I read the announcement.  If you own the game and the expansion you can register at matrix and download gold edition for free.  If you own the base edition you can download gold for ten bucks.

Matrix is giving excellent support to the transition.
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 07, 2017, 10:37:53 PM
did they ever improve turn processing speed?  think i remember trying it, but the turns seemed so long.
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: JasonPratt on December 08, 2017, 03:14:44 PM
Quote from: airboy on December 07, 2017, 12:39:13 PM
I read the announcement.  If you own the game and the expansion you can register at matrix and download gold edition for free.  If you own the base edition you can download gold for ten bucks.

GREAT MAZINGER!!  :o :notworthy: :clap:

If only the original BF guys would follow this example...
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: Philippe on December 08, 2017, 04:29:44 PM
And last time I looked, while it's still on sale you can download the whole package for ten bucks even if you don't already own one of them.
Title: Re: Strategic Command WW1 Patched
Post by: Martok on December 10, 2017, 01:20:21 AM
Quote from: spelk on December 07, 2017, 06:43:41 AM
Looks like theres a "classic" version of this game being re-released under Matrix.. includes the Breakthrough expansion..

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2465/Strategic.Command.WW1.Classic.is.OUT!
Hells yeah.  I've waffled over getting the game for years, but this announcement makes it an easy decision.  O0