GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: OJsDad on May 04, 2017, 11:35:58 AM

Title: Happy May the 4th
Post by: OJsDad on May 04, 2017, 11:35:58 AM
Cannot believe none of you geeks started a thread for this. 
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Staggerwing on May 04, 2017, 11:43:38 AM
Thtar Warth?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 11:51:06 AM
There are geeks on this site?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 04, 2017, 12:02:04 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 11:51:06 AM
There are geeks on this site?

Where?!  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 04, 2017, 12:03:24 PM
I plan on going to a game store tonight to play Rebellion.  40+ pudgy nerds in a room designed for 15.  What could possibly go wrong?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 04, 2017, 12:05:17 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 04, 2017, 12:03:24 PM
I plan on going to a game store tonight to play Rebellion.  40+ pudgy nerds in a room designed for 15.  What could possibly go wrong?

No breathable air?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: OJsDad on May 04, 2017, 12:12:53 PM
No AC or windows. 
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 04, 2017, 12:25:15 PM
Heady nerd musk with just a whiff of asthma inhaler fumes.   Joyous!
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bob48 on May 04, 2017, 12:42:39 PM
Avast, yer scurvy space dogs..........

...oops, sorry, wrong day.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Gusington on May 04, 2017, 01:00:53 PM
Elon Nerd Musk...available at Macy's.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 04, 2017, 01:03:58 PM
Elon - The Musk for Nerds
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 01:08:03 PM
My mom made me a couple of knitted Yoda hats...  :notworthy:
One is for a tiny human...  :D
So adorable... How geeky can one get?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Barthheart on May 04, 2017, 01:09:36 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 04, 2017, 01:03:58 PM
Elon - The Musk for Nerds

:2funny:
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Gusington on May 04, 2017, 01:17:11 PM
^that is some great stuff there, I'll take 100 bottles please  :2funny:
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Sir Slash on May 04, 2017, 01:55:20 PM
I got my Star Wars T-Shirt ready for the premier of Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. Nerdy enough for you?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 02:13:09 PM
Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 01:08:03 PMSo adorable... How geeky can one get?

careful asking that around here
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 02:14:39 PM
Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 01:08:03 PMSo adorable... How geeky can one get?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.cpcache.com%2Fproduct%2F1599392697%2Fzahn_wrote_first_tshirt.jpg%3Fcolor%3DCardinal&hash=61ecf42fa9877edb04404890a015efdee7e76c9a) (http://www.cafepress.com/grogheads/12554724)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Barthheart on May 04, 2017, 02:17:13 PM
Transport Canada recalls 10,000 AT-AT walkers.  :D

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/search-recherche/detail.aspx?lang=eng&mk=-1&md&fy=0&ty=9999&ft&ls=0&sy=0&as=1&rn=2017242
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 04, 2017, 01:55:20 PM
I got my Star Wars T-Shirt ready for the premier of Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. Nerdy enough for you?

"So original." She said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.
Why don't you wear something Star Trek related and tell people Star Wars sucks.
That'll definitely make things interesting. ;)

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 02:13:09 PM
Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 01:08:03 PMSo adorable... How geeky can one get?
careful asking that around here

I have yet to be impressed. Spoon. Pot. Still stirring.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 02:54:58 PM
Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
...
Why don't you wear something Star Trek related and tell people Star Wars sucks.
...

People already know that.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 02:57:59 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 02:54:58 PM
Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
...
Why don't you wear something Star Trek related and tell people Star Wars sucks.
...
People already know that.

Just because people believe in alternative facts, doesn't make them true.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 03:03:26 PM
Wait, were you referring to the alternative Star Trek? That's not true either.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 04:55:39 PM
officers conducting Use of Force training

(https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18268469_10154566881568595_1118809150737044997_n.jpg?oh=63cd162a34f41e151804c54dc4b903da&oe=59BA66D6)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 05:31:04 PM
(https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18222198_806682216148940_8521953561632165796_n.jpg?oh=a57d98251b9cab1115e3348da65cb9a7&oe=5980A730)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: OJsDad on May 04, 2017, 06:21:40 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 05:31:04 PM
(https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18222198_806682216148940_8521953561632165796_n.jpg?oh=a57d98251b9cab1115e3348da65cb9a7&oe=5980A730)

The nerd is very strong in this one. 
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 06:27:52 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 03:03:26 PM
Wait, were you referring to the alternative Star Trek? That's not true either.

Same difference. Everything is nothing. Nothing is real.
Except, I am a unicorn. I poo rainbows and vomit glitter.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 04, 2017, 06:31:33 PM
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: trailrunner on May 04, 2017, 06:31:58 PM
I have no idea what's going on in this thread.

I've seen exactly one Star Wars movie (and I fell asleep during it).

(Am I going to get banned from this site?)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Staggerwing on May 04, 2017, 06:33:48 PM
That depends. Have you seen Bladerunner...?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: JasonPratt on May 04, 2017, 06:53:55 PM
I am somewhat dubious the word was actually "glitters" there, but might be even more impressed if it isn't!
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: JasonPratt on May 04, 2017, 06:55:05 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on May 04, 2017, 06:31:58 PM
I have no idea what's going on in this thread.

I've seen exactly one Star Wars movie (and I fell asleep during it).

(Am I going to get banned from this site?)

No, but don't be surprised if that first line gets into a sig somewhere.  O0
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: JasonPratt on May 04, 2017, 06:56:19 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on May 04, 2017, 06:21:40 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 05:31:04 PM
(https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18222198_806682216148940_8521953561632165796_n.jpg?oh=a57d98251b9cab1115e3348da65cb9a7&oe=5980A730)

The nerd is very strong in this one.

Should have been "My parents are dead!" (Or maybe "I killed my wife!")
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 06:59:26 PM
Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 06:27:52 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 03:03:26 PM
Wait, were you referring to the alternative Star Trek? That's not true either.

Same difference. Everything is nothing. Nothing is real.
Except, I am a unicorn. I poo rainbows and vomit glitter.

I still Grok.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: JasonPratt on May 04, 2017, 06:59:51 PM
Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 04, 2017, 01:08:03 PMSo adorable... How geeky can one get?

#BossMom!

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2017, 02:14:39 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.cpcache.com%2Fproduct%2F1599392697%2Fzahn_wrote_first_tshirt.jpg%3Fcolor%3DCardinal&hash=61ecf42fa9877edb04404890a015efdee7e76c9a) (http://www.cafepress.com/grogheads/12554724)

I lol'd hard.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: trailrunner on May 04, 2017, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 04, 2017, 06:33:48 PM
That depends. Have you seen Bladerunner...?

No, I don't think I saw that movie. 

Is that the right answer?
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Gusington on May 04, 2017, 07:37:37 PM
No.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: trailrunner on May 04, 2017, 07:44:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 04, 2017, 07:37:37 PM
No.

OK.  I'll delete my account now.  Look for my new username - Hans Vader.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 04, 2017, 07:49:52 PM
(https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/n11c2et2vhphisvdwwxrhayrtixtrcsoki_ctvquiju.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bbmike on May 04, 2017, 07:51:28 PM
^Yeah, that was me too.  :(
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Sir Slash on May 04, 2017, 10:21:51 PM
I actually did poo a rainbow once. That's what happens when you drink all the colors of Kool-Aid and prune juice at the same time. NOT recommended.   :hide:
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: MetalDog on May 04, 2017, 10:27:55 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on May 04, 2017, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 04, 2017, 06:33:48 PM
That depends. Have you seen Bladerunner...?

No, I don't think I saw that movie. 

Is that the right answer?

Yes.  You retained the use of the time you would have spent watching it for better use. 
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Barthheart on May 05, 2017, 05:35:59 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2017, 10:27:55 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on May 04, 2017, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 04, 2017, 06:33:48 PM
That depends. Have you seen Bladerunner...?

No, I don't think I saw that movie. 

Is that the right answer?

Yes.  You retained the use of the time you would have spent watching it for better use.

Heretic!
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: MetalDog on May 05, 2017, 05:51:17 AM
That, sir, is not news :P
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 05, 2017, 07:16:47 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 05, 2017, 05:35:59 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2017, 10:27:55 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on May 04, 2017, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 04, 2017, 06:33:48 PM
That depends. Have you seen Bladerunner...?

No, I don't think I saw that movie. 

Is that the right answer?

Yes.  You retained the use of the time you would have spent watching it for better use.

Heretic!

Time to retire the skin job.
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: Gusington on May 05, 2017, 11:11:49 AM
BURN HIM
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 05, 2017, 12:09:34 PM
(https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/spicy-star-wars-memes-round-2-35-photos-216.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 05, 2017, 12:10:00 PM
(https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/spicy-star-wars-memes-round-2-35-photos-218.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 05, 2017, 12:11:20 PM
(https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/spicy-star-wars-memes-round-2-35-photos-224.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 07, 2017, 07:16:17 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 04, 2017, 01:03:58 PM
Elon - The Musk for Nerds

(https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/weekend-afternoon-randomness-37-photos-2.png?w=600&h=334)

Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: mirth on May 07, 2017, 07:26:34 AM
(https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/daily-afternoon-randomness-in-hq-45-photos-2.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920)
Title: Re: Happy May the 4th
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 07, 2017, 08:18:13 AM
Ha!