(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thelordzgamesstudio.com%2Fsite%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2F746_image.jpg&hash=5e3b558315c8435e72b61575b4fd241f6dd9d957)
Yes, you heard it right – 75% OFF ON ALL PANZER CORPS TITLES!
To celebrate the release of the Mac version, we thought that Panzer Corps fans deserved a treat. If you miss any campaign, this is your chance to get it. Waste no time! Complete your collection! The discount is valid on both Mac and PC, and only on the Slitherie and Matrix stores.
Buy it now here:
Panzer Corps series at the Slitherine store 75% off
http://www.slitherine.com/store/?k=panzer+corps&m=&g=&p=&v=&t=&d=&a=3&pt=1&searchSubmit=Begin+Search (http://www.slitherine.com/store/?k=panzer+corps&m=&g=&p=&v=&t=&d=&a=3&pt=1&searchSubmit=Begin+Search)
Note that if you're like me, and I know I am, you will buy the mega pack for the German grand campaigns, thus filling out your missing roster cost-effectively, before realizing that there is no way to register the extra campaigns this way through Steam. :pullhair:
(...also you will realize you may or may not have also bought the mega pack without Sea Lion already back in 2013... ??? )
Pretty sure I own them all at this point.
Incidentally, it's no huge deal to uninstall my Steam version and then download the core PCorps game as a base to install the campaign mega-pack.
But if a Steam registration is unavailable for this pack then I very strongly recommend for Matrixlitherine to change the red text on Slitherine's product page which promises that once the pack is registered at Slitherine (automatically now after buying) it can be registered on Steam!! ("Note: If you register your serial code on Slitherine, you will also get a key to activate your copy on Steam. Click here for more information." Clicking on the page's link just goes to the standard instructions for registering and getting a Steam code.)
Obvs I'm sending a support ticket, too.
Quote from: mirth on May 04, 2017, 06:25:00 PM
Pretty sure I own them all at this point.
Nerds!!!!
Quote from: JasonPratt on May 04, 2017, 06:20:35 PM
Note that if you're like me, and I know I am, you will buy the mega pack for the German grand campaigns, thus filling out your missing roster cost-effectively, before realizing that there is no way to register the extra campaigns this way through Steam. :pullhair:
(...also you will realize you may or may not have also bought the mega pack without Sea Lion already back in 2013... ??? )
I was able to get a Steam Key for
Panzer Corps and all its DLC I own
except Panzer Corps Grand Campaign Mega Pack '39 - '45. When I asked Slitherine Support for help, I got this reply:
Quote from: Slitherine SupportThe Grand Campaign Mega Pack is the compilation of Panzer Corps Grand Campaign DLC, so you'll need to register separately the serial number (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) on each of the 10 individual Grand Campaigns (Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '39, Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '40, Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '41, and so forth) in your Slitherine account and redeem Steam keys for each.
In order to activate the Grand Campaigns expansions on your Steam account, you'll need to do the following:
Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Do this for each of the 10 Grand Campaigns.
I hope that helps you out.
Yep, took me a little while to figure out how to navigate to where I could "register" the packs separately on Slither, and then another little while to actually do it manually, and then another little while to generate Steam codes and register them -- but it worked! Thanks! :bd:
Even I'm tempted by the discount, the whole shebang for $20. One thing drives me crazy and I'm asking those with experience with the game. Do the games have those unrealistic turn victory levels forcing you to figure out the puzzle to get that high victory level. Are the spread of victory levels fair?
As the Gold edition is a compilation of all Panzer Corps games, in order to get a Steam key, you'll have to register separately the Gold Edition serial number on each of the individual games with the exception of the Grand Campaign Mega Pack:
Panzer Corps Wehrmacht
Grand Campaign '39
Grand Campaign '40
Grand Campaign '41
Grand Campaign '42
Grand Campaign '43 East
Grand Campaign '44 East
Grand Campaign '45 East
Grand Campaign '42-'43 West
Grand Campaign '44 West
Grand Campaign '45 West
Operation Sea Lion
U.S. Corps '42
U.S. Corps '43
U.S. Corps 1944-1945
Afrika Korps
Allied Corps
Soviet Corps
Then, you'll have to redeem Steam keys for each one of the games and activate them on your Steam account:
Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
This seems like super-pertinent information that should be provided either in text or a link to the store's description of the two big packs (Mega and Gold).
Quote from: -budd- on May 05, 2017, 12:40:30 AM
Do the games have those unrealistic turn victory levels forcing you to figure out the puzzle to get that high victory level. Are the spread of victory levels fair?
It's very much an updated and expanded Panzer General. You might as well safely expect that.
Agreed - not as bad as the puzzle element of something like Unity of Command though.
Yea i'm taking a pass....but its....but its 75% off. Thanks guys, some games you cant go home again.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/panzer-corps-bundle
16,99 € for the full package (all steam keys) (should end very soon)
I bought the damn thing because, well, look at all the stuff.
I registered the first, I think three campaigns.
I fired up Fall Weiss.
And there it was again: take over these cities or these airbases...quickly...or you lose.
FIRST SCENARIO.
As well, perhaps MP?
Yea... Well I almost jumped, its a lot of content for an excellent price. I thought about MP also then I watched some game play videos and snapped out of it. Same thing with Unity of Command and Order of Battle series, just don't enjoy that style of game anymore.
Quote from: Gusington on May 06, 2017, 09:55:18 AM
Agreed - not as bad as the puzzle element of something like Unity of Command though.
True, partly because you get a lot more options in PzCorps.
Many turn-based games have _some_ kind of limited-turn time constraint, though. Both the games I'm AARing right now (plug plug) have hard time limits, and one of those is basically PzCorps 39 (or the first couple of PzGen missions) on a larger scale! -- defeat all of Western Poland in 12 turns or something like that. (10 turns? 14? I forget.)
I can understand people being more sensitive to this issue as the turn limits decrease: UoC is superharsh in its time limits, so much so that your mission can be randomly ruined with no possibility at the outset by bad weather in the wrong place. And yeah, pressure can ruin the fun of a game -- especially when the pressure feels artificially forced. (I understand the point to staying on the history track for Panzer General and its remakes, even in UoC, but most missions in the PG-based
Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy series or
WH40K:Armageddon series, both of which I otherwise love, don't provide a good context for
why missions should have turn limits. Some missions being timed in
XCOM2 make sense, but not
almost all of them.)
As long as the pressure makes sense, I'm a lot more tolerant of it though. O:-) But if I'm feeling specially stressed already, I'd rather play something without time limits even if it's more actively stressy (e.g. the Batman:Arkham series or some action game like that).
Quote from: Cyrano on May 06, 2017, 04:53:06 PM
I bought the damn thing because, well, look at all the stuff.
I registered the first, I think three campaigns.
I fired up Fall Weiss.
And there it was again: take over these cities or these airbases...quickly...or you lose.
FIRST SCENARIO.
As well, perhaps MP?
The difficulty level is important in how critical beat the clock is to the game. If you crank up the difficulty, the clock is critical. PanzerCorps has more clock issues than OoB.
Order of Battle had no major clock issues on level 2 (of 5). I've played everything except the last package released a month ago.
Hitler wants things done fast.
Turn limits like Panzer Corp had were a big turn off for me. Kind of like the Tom Clancy games where you lost when one hostage gets killed. You take away the variety of possible conclusions of the game, boring.
@Jason -- I had the EXACT same thought about DC: Blitzkrieg. Then I realized, I didn't much care for it there either. It's a balance, I suppose, but there are times playing Panzer Corps that it feels like it's the only design tool they have. They hold only a hammer and all the world is nails.