Yeah, it's a little early for the Friday thread, but I figured I ought to do one while this is still relevant:
Naturally this means I'm going to be desperately fending off Barthheart's Polish winged hussars as they counter-blitz my outnumbered tanks, machine guns, and cannons, northwest of Wizna during the hilariously misguided Nazi attempt at kickstarting World War 2...
...wait, wat?!?! (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19129.msg519764#msg519764)
...uh, yeah. Turns out Sabaton was right: if you don't bring 40 to 1 odds out of East East Prussia, your force will soon be undone.
UNDONNNNNEEEEE...!How undone? I'll be playing Turn 4 this weekend to find out. Go Poles! :bd: :smitten:
(Annnnnd maybe also working on my other video AAR a bit, where I'm trolling myself as Stalin while bickering among myselves as FDR and Churchill, as the Axis powers laugh at my inability to pull that wagon across the stream together. Also, there will be unspeakable vocal impressions of these characters (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19454.msg519987#msg519987) as I work on the audio to Turn 2.)
Whether or not I'll be able to join Asid again, at last, in fumbling my artillery setups with
Scourge of War: Waterloo remains to be seen.
It's Friday for me. Vacation time. Off til 5/15. Glorious! I will be traveling from 5/6 to 5/11 on my annual baseball pilgrimage (this year it's to Chicago and Cincinnati...never been to Cincinnati) but on the days when I am home I will be tearing through The Witcher 3. I think I can safely proclaim that it is my favorite RPG of all time, unseating Skyrim, mostly because of the cities (they're awesome) and the settings (they're awesome), the art (awesome)...well you get it. The Witcher 3 is just crackin'. Elsewhere on my HD lurks Medieval 2 TW, another favorite of all time. I feel like getting a Crusades game going at some point. Warhammer TW also lurks impatiently.
Also impatient: Alien and Batman. :hide:
Enjoy your trip, Gus! Hope it's the Cubs and not the Sox you are going to see.
Good luck not losing to Barthheart, or...erm...yourself(ves).
It's p&p D&D time again and I have to put together some more background for this week's installment (been procrastinating and now I am up against it).
Researching the next Feeder Bracket (This week is 1961 (Watch sig line for links)).
Digital gaming will be Civ IV SP and/or MP. I am Holy Rome. I've just lost four cities to the Vikings. I am rebuilding my navy and arming to finish taking my closest neighbor, Byzantium. As long as Ragnar doesn't declare on me again, I should be able to pivot and give him Round 2.
In the MP, I am Mansa Musa of Mali. I currently own the largest empire on the map. I am woefully unprepared for war though and I have aggressive neighbors. I am working to rectify both those situations with more soldiers.
Wow. Early indeed. What time zone are you in, Pratt? ::)
^"Western Tennessee time"
MD - yes getting to see the Cubs :)
My weekend starts tonight as well.
Tomorrow is our annual trip to open my friends cottage. 6 guys with no running water, lots of beer, good food and board games.... oh yeah and the forecast of snow for Sunday.
Completely off the grid from tomorrow morning until some time Sunday afternoon.
Good times.... 8)
OK. I'll start the weekend early too. I've been trying to make a little progress in my CMRT Russian Campaign and working my way through the crowded streets of Waterdeep in Neverwinter Nights. So, something different? Maybe some Skyrim. Have a good one Grogs.
Well, its near midnight here. So besides the working part (short day tomorrow as we are readying for inventory) which I have off Saturday but a hellish morning Sunday. (7-1pm- lots of recount, stuff like that)
I've been playing a bit more of Pathfinder Card Game on my android tablet.
I don't really set up a gaming menu but here goes what I think I might get into.
Pike and Shot Campaigns - maybe a skirmish, campaign. I wish I could understand the tactics. That's where I'm weak at.
But I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing Saturday.
It's Friday here now - so I can legitimately take part without being chastised (good luck reprobates!).
Ghost Recon:Wildlands. My daughter has actually finished the story. She had used my save because I just thought she was going to jump on and then leave it. So I'm starting a new game from scratch.
I might carry on with either Project Cars or F1 2016.
I've got to be honest though, I'm in a wee gaming rut with the exception of Ghost Recon:Wildlands.
I think I'll give modelling a miss this weekend even though I started on my 1/72 scale Airfix RAF support vehicles set (too small for me...so, so small!). I might try and go through a board game rules...LnL Falklands has been calling me for some time. Or maybe I'll just setup (for some quick play) my beloved Phantom Leader
Wildlands for sure.
There is free weekend for The Divison. Is it good? How is it compared to Wildlands? Or shall I just stick with Wildlands.
I heard about Player Unknown Battlegrounds. I might try it out.
Have a crap ton of chores to do inside and outside of the house this weekend. Finally have a decent whether forecast for a weekend I'm actually off, so along with the usual everyday chores and cleaning, I have to cut my way through the jungle that is my yard. The reward for accomplishing this herculean feat will be getting to lounge around with some beers and BBQ. It will be a hard fought battle but I will emerge victorious.
In whatever free time I have I'll mainly be playing Aurora, with some mix of CMANO, The Division, Stellaris, and Steel Division thrown in.
Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2017, 01:11:04 AM
Wildlands for sure.
There is free weekend for The Divison. Is it good? How is it compared to Wildlands? Or shall I just stick with Wildlands.
I heard about Player Unknown Battlegrounds. I might try it out.
The Division has some issues (what I would call issues anyway) and not dissimilar to Wildlands. However, I can honestly say I really enjoy it and need to put into it more...just Wildlands is sucking all my gaming time.
I think it's the only game that's ever made me feel proper cold. If there's another one out there I can't remember it. Running around finding pieces to build up your base and arsenal is cool, albeit a bit repetitive. The missions are quite cool. I always found the AI to be pretty challenging too.
I don't like multi player normally but co-op was fun. Transition from single player to co-op always seemed to be seamless. I mean, there's a loading screen but there's a loading screen when going in to do missions on your own anyway...it's just that in co-op, you have some help. I don't recall having any problems with co-op in missions but I learnt very quickly to stay away from The Dark Zone if I want to have a stress free game.
When you're playing The Division remember to stay within your area of skill...going outside by anymore than 5 will get you down quickly :pullhair:
It's definitely worth pulling down for some free play O0
I will continue my Psilon campaign in Master of Orion CtS...have to be more aggressive towards the Meklars (number one) and have to take Orion otherwise i won't be able to win this game...
Quote from: Kushan on May 05, 2017, 01:18:29 AM
Have a crap ton of chores to do inside and outside of the house this weekend. Finally have a decent whether forecast for a weekend I'm actually off, so along with the usual everyday chores and cleaning, I have to cut my way through the jungle that is my yard. The reward for accomplishing this herculean feat will be getting to lounge around with some beers and BBQ. It will be a hard fought battle but I will emerge victorious.
In whatever free time I have I'll mainly be playing Aurora, with some mix of CMANO, The Division, Stellaris, and Steel Division thrown in.
Maybe some CMANO. Definitely some Naval Action. Possibly some Graviteam Tunisia.
Gaming will be limited this weekend. We're having friends over tonight and then tomorrow we're spending the Rest of the weekend in Hoboken. Still, will try to squeeze in some Prey, which was just released early this morning, some Tank Warfare Tunisia, perhaps try out the new Crusade expansion for Galciv III and I've been playing a really interesting game called a Strain Tactics. Would be a sleeper hit if the controls and UI weren't such a chore, but otherwise a very cool game.
Mainly Gal Civ III: Crusade, starting with the tutorial as it has been a bit since I last played Gal Civ III and there are so many (good looking) changes in Crusade that it is nearly a new game. Maybe some AOW III as well.
I will be attending a Wedding instead of playing Sanctus Reach and finishing my Kings of War ogres.
Naval Action. Need to sink ships on each server to gain the power of redeemables prior to wipe. Forgot how much fun this game is. I am a Flag Captain, not far from promotion.
Still on the road to Paris in my Panzer Battles PBEM, couple of hundred tank losses are starting to take there toll, damn Somua's. Space Hulk Deathwing got an update, don't know if it had anything to do with SP but i played a mission, still working my way to completion. Debating whether to purchase Panzer Corps at $20 for the whole package, just not sure, and it not like i don't have a shit ton of other games..but i am a sale whore.
GalCiv3: Crusade, Wars Across the World, and possibly Dawn of Andromeda.
(https://i.imgflip.com/1oim1d.jpg)
^ The nerd is strong in that one.
Naval Action and some Wars of Secession Beta work.
Quote from: mikeck on May 06, 2017, 12:15:12 AM
Naval Action and some Wars of Secession Beta work.
Another title? AGEOD must be very busy :coolsmiley:
Playerunknown Battlegrounds is indeed addictive if you're into these games.
Quote from: Gusington on May 05, 2017, 08:07:10 PM
(https://i.imgflip.com/1oim1d.jpg)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fpk.jpeg&hash=b197925814c5856e4004bdbe144c3cb5076505fb)
Well played bbmike..... :2funny:
Undisputedly. I just like using that Simpsons image for anything I can.
You really can't go wrong with the Simpsons.
An image for every occasion.
Gus,
Cincinnati is my home. If you haven't already left, check out the "Banks". It's the area along the river between the Red's and Bengal's stadiums. It's all nice bars and restaurants.
Quote from: JasonPratt on May 04, 2017, 05:42:44 PM
Yeah, it's a little early for the Friday thread, but I figured I ought to do one while this is still relevant:
How is this relevant at all? It won't be my grandfathers birthday for months, yet.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My grandpa's B-day was September 1st. (Yeah, I know. The relevance was from your AAR. :D)
Quote from: Beowulf on May 06, 2017, 04:49:12 AM
Quote from: mikeck on May 06, 2017, 12:15:12 AM
Naval Action and some Wars of Secession Beta work.
Another title? AGEOD must be very busy :coolsmiley:
It's been in Beta for about 6 months. It is VERY good. NDA means I can't get into details but AGEOD definitely learned to "stay in their lane" and avoid overextending the engine with games like Wars of Napoleon or To End all Wars. This is more like "30 years war". I've been an AGEOD fan since BOA and I'm telling you that this is the best one yet. Everything is "right" and it's The perfect time. And style of conflict for the engine.
They must be busy because development has slowed but as far as I'm concerned seems pretty good to go to me as-is.
Thank you Vintage Dude. We head to Cincinnati on Tuesday. Will definitely check out The Banks.
Well I wasn't really in the mood to game, but I fired up Mount and Blade for some MP mayhem. But it just wasn't clicking, so after two matches I bailed.
I'm laying there in bed with my laptop perched on my big fat belly and I'm really about ready to call it a night, and I see I have
Audiosurf installed. When did I install that? Purchased in 2012 and played a total of 100 minutes. Huh. So what the hell, let's see what that is all about.
Click it on, select novice. It asks to select a song, so I go into my music folder and randomly pick this:
And then for the next 54 minutes I go on quite the ride! Not exactly an exciting gaming day, and not what I was expecting, but damn that was a good way to close out the day! Fun little game, I could see it being a lot more fun with some NiN or AiC or something.
Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2017, 07:04:14 AM
Well I wasn't really in the mood to game, but I fired up Mount and Blade for some MP mayhem. But it just wasn't clicking, so after two matches I bailed.
I'm laying there in bed with my laptop perched on my big fat belly and I'm really about ready to call it a night, and I see I have Audiosurf installed. When did I install that? Purchased in 2012 and played a total of 100 minutes. Huh. So what the hell, let's see what that is all about.
Click it on, select novice. It asks to select a song, so I go into my music folder and randomly pick this:
And then for the next 54 minutes I go on quite the ride! Not exactly an exciting gaming day, and not what I was expecting, but damn that was a good way to close out the day! Fun little game, I could see it being a lot more fun with some NiN or AiC or something.
If you want to torture yourself try some Dragonforce
I can't believe what mindless fun Audiosurf is. I've been playing it the last hour. Two awesome songs: NiN: we're in this together now and Ministry: Jesus built my hotrod. OMFG so much fun. :notworthy:
I'm downloading the demo for Audiosurf 2. Looks like they have two surfing modes...this might be my new go-to game on Friday scotch night. I understand it has direct connectivity to Youtube...if that's the case... well, insta-buy I suspect!
Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2017, 03:01:58 PM
I can't believe what mindless fun Audiosurf is. I've been playing it the last hour. Two awesome songs: NiN: we're in this together now and Ministry: Jesus built my hotrod. OMFG so much fun. :notworthy:
We're in this together is an incredible song. Also try Right Where It Belongs (#13 on With Teeth)
With-a Teeth-a s a very good album.
Got some World of Warships in with Nef and 2ndACR on Friday night.
Went out to eat with some old work friends and their spouses last night.
Buzzed around in the JU-88 in IL2 today.
Good weekend!
Yeah, I got a hella lot of gaming in today, an exceptional amount for my gaming lately.
Finally booted up NCAA '11 on the Xbox360 that I got used about 6 months ago. I thought it looked really, really good and the little differences (and some big) from Madden were interesting.
Then moved to ARMA 3 and the KotH servers. I'm not sure what happened, but my profile was swiped so I'm starting from Level 1 again, which really aggravates me. Not sure if there was a master swipe, or if they swipe you if you don't play for so many months or what. Frustrating to have to start over from scratch again.
And Audiosurf, which I mentioned earlier. Heh, it seemed like more gaming when I was doing it, this list is actually pretty lame.
Saturday was a wipe after all, as I ended up out of town all day and completely fall-into-bed exhausted when I got back. (Moving furniture with some assembly/disassembly, then nieces.)
But, I did get Turn 4 played and sent off to Barth today, and made got the next episode scripted tonight. I'm glad I got the Sabaton video in, because I'm not entirely sure I'm going to survive the Polish onslaught before next Friday! :timeout: :wow: