Wife is going out with her scrapbooking friends for the weekend, so free to game. Although going over friend's tomorrow night.
Probably some World of Warships tonight, but if no-one is around I'll probably be doing some IL2 in my JU88
Whatever gaming time I get in will be Civ IV SP and/or MP. In actuality, it will probably be a combination of reading, yardwork, and hanging out with my girlfriend watching the last 5 new episodes of 'The Last Kingdom.'
I came across the shortcut that launches Age of Rifles last night. I clicked on it and it fired right up. I will play a scenario or two this weekend. Not sure what else. Maybe GalCiv3.
Quote from: Tuna on May 12, 2017, 05:31:39 AM
Probably some World of Warships tonight..
<~~ That.
Fighting the Battle of Kolombangara tonight. General Quarters III and minis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kolombangara (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kolombangara)
I just ordered these for a summer game we're putting together
http://topsideminis.com/product/coral-sea-battle-set/
Uploading at least one, maybe two AAR turns, starting this afternoon with Turn 4 of my fight against Barthheart in DC:Blitzkrieg. <:-)
Theoretically I'll again be hosting our local Magic: the Gathering quarterly booster pack draft tourney tomorrow afternoon/evening. This time we'll be harvesting some "Modern Masters" cards, which means practically nothing to me since I stopped collecting these things back around set 5 (and we're at set 75 or whatever). :crazy2: This will unfortunately mess up any attempts at playing Scourge of War: Waterloo with Asid & friends on Saturday, but maybe I can get back to that tonight instead.
No doubt some Steel Division 44 to come!
Well I'm downloading the Rising Storm: Vietnam beta, so I guess I'll have a look at that first up. Then maybe some RoF and/or Squad. For actual wargaming I'll make a concerted effort to grasp GG's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich.
Playing Master of Orion with the Gnolams. Wanted to aim for an economic victory but the Sakkra have just overrun my defences, taken one planet and destroyed my homeworld...it's looking really bad. Will what i am going to play next.
Ghost Recon:Wildlands - 207 hours in :o
Finished the main quest line in The Witcher 3 so this weekend moving on to some spacey gaming - Alien Isolation, Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion and Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare.
Got another 4 or so hours in my current Stellaris game (non Unity, figured I'd finish this one without it then grab it. That said I haven't honestly played in about 6 months and was amazed by the changes. Still waiting to have my first big fleet battle to seenhow the battle roles are implemented but I'm really liking it.
With whatever time I have left it will probably be Heroes of the storm and witcher 3.
Tuna: Thanks for that video clip. Very, very good. It brought back some memories.
Turn 4 vs Barthheart, now active! (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19129.msg522160#msg522160)
Quote from: Johnnie on May 12, 2017, 08:02:26 PM
Tuna: Thanks for that video clip. Very, very good. It brought back some memories.
Yeah my stepson turned me on to them. He saw them in concert and called me up to let me know they did a great version of that song. There's a clip of them doing a great version of Don't Think Twice it's Alright as well.
Quote from: Tuna on May 12, 2017, 05:31:39 AM
Wife is going out with her scrapbooking friends for the weekend, so free to game. Although going over friend's tomorrow night.
Probably some World of Warships tonight, but if no-one is around I'll probably be doing some IL2 in my JU88
I just visited the Fusion team site for CLoD. There's a new beta you can download (over the old multifile team fusion stuff) right on STEAM! This game
has come a long way. Team Fusion has fixed an astounding amount of stuff! I sounds like two more patches (4.4 and 4.5) and then on to an expansion to North Africa.
Things went well trying out the beta -- things felt different though that could be because I harmonized the Spitfire Ia guns down to 220 yds (rather than the historical default of 350).
Did they ever fix level bombing?
Playing, "Fighting the Headcold" this weekend so not much gaming. :'( Looking to get back in touch with Attila Total War again if I have time.
Alien: Isolation was created by masochists. The combination of music, light effects and period analog PCs and equipment is great. Came into contact with the alien for the first time tonight. I need a new set of drawers...
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316048962353806/2BBE984DDEDA95CD9744B54FC46411F2B3E35B0E/)
+
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316048962353884/B5984ABD16F491FD65D1840E5F6DEAE1FE1B89F4/)
+
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316048962353962/A5A7389ACE0251A02D8B00E63837B6A18F429EDB/)
Attends works just fine for me.
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 14, 2017, 09:55:36 AM
Attends works just fine for me.
is that the British version of Depends?
Quote from: Tuna on May 12, 2017, 10:12:46 PM
Did they ever fix level bombing?
Maybe not. I've gotten it to work occasionally, but I just tried again and it didn't seem to be working very well.
Depends...adult undergarments...they're wet and they're dry. My my my my.
Had a great match of Scourge Waterloo with Tactical Gamer (Rick) and his friends on Asid's Teamspeak. Hoping to do it again next Saturday night!
Pre-weekend plans achieved:
1.) DC: Blitz Turn 4 AAR went up early.
2.) Worked on the Churchill Turn 2 AAR.
3.) Played SD44. Not only that, played a co-op game with Barthheart vs the Allies! We won handily; I didn't pay attention to which divisions we were fighting, but they were set on easy since that was only the fifth game for Vance. Great to advance in parallel with him for a change! :)) He played the 21st Panzer, and I was the Luftlanders as usual. I've about decided I should scrap my abundant French tanks even though they're speedy cannon fodder, since, well, they're cannon fodder.
4.) Hosted the M:tG local draft booster tourney; and basically recused myself at length after I discovered in my next to last game that I was (1) using a non-basic land that I hadn't drafted (I put it in as a bit of a joke, since it's an early production Taiga and I like seeing people freak out when it's on the table -- current asking price on the card if it's in decent shape, like this one, is near $1000 :o :nerd:) and (2), more importantly though less illegally, I had drafted a significant number of white-powered cards and then had ABSOLUTELY FORGOTTEN to add any plains to the deck. Nothing I had drafted added white mana either. I didn't even have cards that required sacrificing cards from my hand. About 1/6 of my cards were worse than useless, taking up draws that could have gone to useful cards and infesting my hand like non-malignant tumors. :buck2: Once I realized that, and laughed hard at myself, I forfeited my remaining matches. Amusingly, I realized this after winning my first and only match that night! -- with a broken, crippled deck!
5.) Also there were Mother's Day things, and catching up on series with my Dad. O0
6.) EDITED TO ADD: got to live vicariously through Gus' terror. >:D
^Got plenty to go around. This game is terrifying. Up to Mission 5.
Encountered the alien more tonight than any previous night. Playing at night is not recommended. The terror factor rises...a lot. Witness:
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316179584496851/D491F81071F0003ACCAB6798CECB633E14871EEA/)
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316179584496952/3BB54C0454ACFB9CEE35B02546E7D0F204E4C805/)
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316179584497036/DA703EF8A5C24BC0DBF669DC769F251094BF0C01/)
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316179584497106/1681850AFC7506F6DA8265BFC9DD1604F2E8CDB4/)
(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/822316179584497183/E5BBB830B25C68CF49D9A5820DD1E669C13D5194/)
That bloody mess at the end there was a found mission objective. For my trouble, shortly after finding that, I was hacked into little pieces by the alien. Lost about 15 minutes of game time.
My blood pressure is up too high to keep going. Will continue tomorrow.
I lost my Gnolam campaign of MOO4 and played about 1/2 of a Gnolam campaign in MOO2. I am going to make a break of MOO4 and have started a campaign of Pandora....i think it's going to be my new main game for the coming month or so.
I have never found my balls to be able to go back to Alien:Isolation. I loved the detail they put in the game...but it terrified me.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 16, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
I have never found my balls to be able to go back to Alien:Isolation. I loved the detail they put in the game...but it terrified me.
I can only take Amnesia Dark Descent and Alien in 10-15 minute bursts.
It took a long time to complete those games.....
I admit I thought it was just hype but Isolation really is a terrifying game.
You can see why someone who lucid dreams waaaaayyyy too much already, would want to avoid this. Despite having paid full price for it. ;)
I can. I absolutely love the tech in it. The analog sounds and the feel of the computer equipment, right down to the save system, is just perfect too. But I do recommend playing in doses for almost anyone. The fear and paranoia really does get in to your head.