GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: MetalDog on May 28, 2017, 09:44:01 AM

Poll
Question: 1981 Championship
Option 1: This is the 4/7 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 2: 4 Limelight - Rush votes: 8
Option 3: 7 Flying High Again - Ozzy Osbourne votes: 5
Title: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on May 28, 2017, 09:44:01 AM
I have to admit, I didn't see this one coming.  I really figured it would be In the Air Tonight versus whoever came out of the other side of the bracket.  As usual, you guys surprised me.  So what we have is Limelight, by one of my favorite bands versus Flying High Again, off Ozzy's solo debut.  Vote'm up and let's see who wins!


The 4/7



Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 28, 2017, 09:54:24 AM
this one's easy - one of my favorite Ozzy tunes against one of my least favorite overplayed Rush tunes
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Barthheart on May 28, 2017, 04:12:32 PM
Ugh.  :P

Let's see.... which one sucks less....  :buck2:
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: OJsDad on May 28, 2017, 04:45:42 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 28, 2017, 04:12:32 PM
Ugh.  :P

Let's see.... which one sucks less....  :buck2:

+1
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: mirth on May 28, 2017, 04:53:22 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on May 28, 2017, 04:45:42 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 28, 2017, 04:12:32 PM
Ugh.  :P

Let's see.... which one sucks less....  :buck2:

+1

Ozzy. Ozzy sucks less than Rush.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Barthheart on May 28, 2017, 05:06:15 PM
Yeah... my coin toss disagreed.....
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: mirth on May 28, 2017, 05:09:45 PM
Yer killin me, man.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 28, 2017, 06:04:16 PM
I voted as is proper.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Steelgrave on May 28, 2017, 06:19:13 PM
Ugh......     ::)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: mirth on May 28, 2017, 06:45:03 PM
Rush winning is going to destroy what little faith I have left in humanity.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: bbmike on May 28, 2017, 07:32:40 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 28, 2017, 06:45:03 PM
Rush winning is going to destroy what little faith I have left in humanity.

Not because of me.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: mirth on May 29, 2017, 05:33:12 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 28, 2017, 07:32:40 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 28, 2017, 06:45:03 PM
Rush winning is going to destroy what little faith I have left in humanity.

Not because of me.

Welcome to the Resistance
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on May 29, 2017, 10:24:01 PM
And the winner is...RUSH  To the consternation of Rush haters across North America and southern Maine.  All hail the winners...





RUSH


Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 30, 2017, 05:10:31 AM
I don't hate Rush; I don't like that song...
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on May 30, 2017, 05:53:23 AM
Gotcha.  Some of our "esteemed," fellow forumites, hate them all the way around.  So that was for them.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: OJsDad on May 30, 2017, 07:16:56 AM
Well, at least the lesser of the 2 evils won. 
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2017, 07:32:53 AM
Yeah, this bracket went sideways somewhere. There were some good tunes in it and it ended with two not so great tunes....

(https://media.tenor.co/images/f7c816733e800c4dd74bb633e80f2261/tenor.gif)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on May 30, 2017, 08:09:05 AM
I'm not unhappy that Rush won.  But I agree with Barthheart, there were really good songs here and I didn't expect Limelight at all.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:15:18 AM
I like Limelight and I like Rush so suck it, haters.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2017, 08:20:16 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2Fa2%2Fa250e5b7cca9b93f50b8e8b371b9f688ebb521336fed1402df7b56e17fc4b1b3.jpg&hash=ac7dbb071a0208605cb6986fc7b7397501d0d040)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:21:18 AM
Hahaha suck it! I hope Subdivisions shows up in the next bracket.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on May 30, 2017, 08:25:47 AM
It's certainly in the pipeline.  Just be glad I didn't put Tom Sawyer in there.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: mirth on May 30, 2017, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:15:18 AM
I like Limelight and I like Rush so suck it, haters.

You also think Prometheus is a good movie, so I can't say I'm surprised you like Rush.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:30:25 AM
You have yet to convince me it's not a good movie. Try harder.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on May 30, 2017, 08:31:47 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 30, 2017, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:15:18 AM
I like Limelight and I like Rush so suck it, haters.

You also think Prometheus is a good movie, so I can't say I'm surprised you like Rush.
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:30:25 AM
You have yet to convince me it's not a good movie. Try harder.


I'm with Gus on Prometheus and Rush.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: mirth on May 30, 2017, 08:38:13 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 30, 2017, 08:31:47 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 30, 2017, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:15:18 AM
I like Limelight and I like Rush so suck it, haters.

You also think Prometheus is a good movie, so I can't say I'm surprised you like Rush.
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:30:25 AM
You have yet to convince me it's not a good movie. Try harder.


I'm with Gus on Prometheus and Rush.

::)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 08:45:35 AM
Thank you MD.

Good day, mirth.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2017, 08:59:56 AM
I liked Prometheus too... Rush still sucks.  :P
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on May 30, 2017, 09:04:01 AM
Look, you don't even own a cell phone, so....your credibility on what's good and what isn't is sketchy at best.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2017, 09:08:18 AM
Damn kids and their new fangled geegaws.... (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.early-retirement.org%2Fforums%2Fimages%2Fsmilies%2Foldman.gif&hash=0007d508d5ff202b921db2315ebe3a150a8ebd7a)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 09:09:45 AM
You can all bicker while I down this here bottle of apple cider vinegar and watch Alien 3.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2017, 09:11:55 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Frs101.pbsrc.com%2Falbums%2Fm62%2FDJ_RENZ%2FthVomit.gif%7Ec200&hash=c62e276e2e6f84ee6284f894e0f0234bde51b324)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 09:21:40 AM
Yeah it's not so smooth going down but it's worth it.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: mirth on May 30, 2017, 09:41:50 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 09:21:40 AM
Yeah it's not so smooth going down but it's worth it.

A small price to pay for a squeaky clean urethra.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1981 Championship
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2017, 01:21:07 PM
Damned straight. Like my urethra.