GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 01:10:29 AM

Title: Steam Library Issue
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 01:10:29 AM
Is it normal for your Steam Library to not show you certain games you've got but are not installed?

I was watching a video on Raceroom Experience and thought I'd install it and give it another look.

However, My library wasn't showing the game. Searching for "race" in my library didn't return any results. I then went to the Steam store and searched for Raceroom and it showed up - with and icon showing that it's in my library.

Anyone else ever look for a game they know they have but it doesn't show up in their library?

*edit*
Actually I'm wondering whether it's a distribution/publisher thing. Finding it in the store doesn't show an "Install" button as you'd normally get for an uninstalled game, but a "Play Now" button and clicking on that brings up the install dialog box to select install location etc...
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 13, 2017, 03:56:05 AM
This probably sounds dumb and you already tried this, but any chance you have the filter for only installed games turned on.  The other day I noticed my list was small, but then realized I was looking at only the installed games filter.  When I went back to all games, everything was fine.  The filter option I believe is at the top of the screen.
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: Destraex on June 13, 2017, 05:12:26 AM
You can also hide games in your library by setting categories and ticking hide game.
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: HoodedHorseJoe on June 13, 2017, 05:24:07 AM
QuoteActually I'm wondering whether it's a distribution/publisher thing. Finding it in the store doesn't show an "Install" button as you'd normally get for an uninstalled game, but a "Play Now" button and clicking on that brings up the install dialog box to select install location etc...

AFAIK most, if not all, free-to-play games on Steam now just show the 'Play Now' button if it's free and you don't have it installed. Also, if you don't have a F2P game installed I think it just removes itself from your Library and you have to go to the store page to get it again?

As an example, I was testing out a game called 'Robocraft' which is F2P. It's no longer in my library as I uninstalled it the other week but I know I had it at one point and it was in my library.
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: jamus34 on June 13, 2017, 05:55:47 AM
I've been having an issue that cloud saves are disabled for Stellaris not allowing me to go iron man mode . Not a huge issue but annoying
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 05:56:24 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 13, 2017, 03:56:05 AM
This probably sounds dumb and you already tried this, but any chance you have the filter for only installed games turned on.  The other day I noticed my list was small, but then realized I was looking at only the installed games filter.  When I went back to all games, everything was fine.  The filter option I believe is at the top of the screen.
No - all installed and uninstalled games are listed
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 05:57:06 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 13, 2017, 05:12:26 AM
You can also hide games in your library by setting categories and ticking hide game.
Haven't done that. I've set categories, but I've not set the hide game feature.
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 05:58:21 AM
Quote from: WargamerJoe on June 13, 2017, 05:24:07 AM
QuoteActually I'm wondering whether it's a distribution/publisher thing. Finding it in the store doesn't show an "Install" button as you'd normally get for an uninstalled game, but a "Play Now" button and clicking on that brings up the install dialog box to select install location etc...

AFAIK most, if not all, free-to-play games on Steam now just show the 'Play Now' button if it's free and you don't have it installed. Also, if you don't have a F2P game installed I think it just removes itself from your Library and you have to go to the store page to get it again?

As an example, I was testing out a game called 'Robocraft' which is F2P. It's no longer in my library as I uninstalled it the other week but I know I had it at one point and it was in my library.
That will be it then. RRE is free to play (in a limited fashion).

Thanks. Confusion sorted.  O0

Unfortunately, I probably will ask this question in the future again. If so, please just point me back here  :crazy2:
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: Destraex on June 13, 2017, 06:01:10 AM
The tick box here is what I mean.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4198/34437737414_439a584e85.jpg)
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: Destraex on June 13, 2017, 06:01:59 AM
I see... so if it's free and you uninstall it disappears until you click install again from the store page.
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 06:26:34 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 13, 2017, 06:01:10 AM
The tick box here is what I mean.
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4198/34437737414_439a584e85.jpg)
I don't recall ever seeing that and so never ticked it
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 06:27:14 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 13, 2017, 06:01:59 AM
I see... so if it's free and you uninstall it disappears until you click install again from the store page.
I think that must be the case - though it's not an "install" button, it's a "play" button.

Which is rather annoying because although it's free, I've pumped about £100 into that game for tracks and DTM etc. So not having it listed, reminding me to play it again means it could slip out of sight and never be played ever again
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: Destraex on June 13, 2017, 06:28:00 AM
Yep. Understood.
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: Gusington on June 13, 2017, 07:24:59 AM
As long as you can get to Farming Simulator 170 JD all is well.
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 13, 2017, 12:37:44 PM
Don't come in here like a bull in a china shop trying to harvest some puns!
Title: Re: Steam Library Issue
Post by: MetalDog on June 13, 2017, 10:16:55 PM
Get'em, JD!!