GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Barthheart on June 22, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

Title: Outlook 2007 and Windows 10
Post by: Barthheart on June 22, 2017, 03:38:20 PM
I can't get hyperlinks in email messages in Outlook 2007 to work now that I've moved my wife to a newish Win10 machine.

I get this message:
This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks
Title: Re: Outlook 2007 and Windows 10
Post by: DoctorQuest on June 22, 2017, 03:42:38 PM
Some sort of Windows 10 security policy? Did you poke around at (God forbid) the Windows support site?

I get Office dirt cheap at work so was able to install Office 2016 on my wife's Win 10 machine and we've had no issues along these lines. (I know. Not helpful.)
Title: Re: Outlook 2007 and Windows 10
Post by: bayonetbrant on June 22, 2017, 06:34:22 PM
it could be a setting in Outlook that keeps you from clicking on hyperlinks
Title: Re: Outlook 2007 and Windows 10
Post by: mirth on June 22, 2017, 07:07:41 PM
https://www.msoutlook.info/question/242
Title: Re: Outlook 2007 and Windows 10
Post by: Barthheart on June 22, 2017, 08:16:44 PM
Quote from: mirth on June 22, 2017, 07:07:41 PM
https://www.msoutlook.info/question/242

Thanks for the link.
I think I tried most of that except the regedit stuff... but my brain is still fever fogged so maybe I missed something.
Will try in the morning... if I don't go to work again....  :buck2: