Poll
Question:
1982 Final 4 Part 1
Option 1: This is the 1/13 matchup. Please pick one
votes: 0
Option 2: 1 1999 - Prince
votes: 8
Option 3: 13 Twilight Zone _ Golden Earring
votes: 7
Option 4: This is the 2/3 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 5: 2 Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash
votes: 11
Option 6: 3 Under Pressure - Queen
votes: 4
Looks like Golden Earring might have a winner here. I personally think it would be tough to get by Prince, but, you guys have surprised me before. The 2/3 looks to be super difficult. Do you stay true to your roots and vote The Clash? Or do you go with the pure awesomeness that is Queen? Happy voting!
The 1/13
1 I don't have a 'Spill some on the floor,' or a, 'mic drop,' emoji, but, that's what should go here.
The 2/3
Good to see mirth voted the exact opposite of what I voted ;)
The important thing is that Rush is out of this one.
Had wife vote again
Glad to see my Dutch neighbours doing so good in the US.
Quote from: mirth on June 25, 2017, 02:12:20 PM
The important thing is that Rush is out of this one.
For you, maybe. For those who continue to enjoy Rush's music, :P to you, mirth! (And Barthheart, too, as I know it applies there.)
So bitter ....
Says the man whos Rush hate is so strong that even the Emperor is afraid of him.
Rush apologist
The technical skill of the trio is outstanding. The way they make music is just awesome. If that makes me an apologist, then guilty as charged. What do you love enough to be an apologist for?
Bewbs?
Quote from: MetalDog on June 25, 2017, 08:46:21 PM
The technical skill of the trio is outstanding. The way they make music is just awesome. If that makes me an apologist, then guilty as charged. What do you love enough to be an apologist for?
They're hacks who make bland music. I don't care if you apologize for them or not.
Hate Prince so first pair is easy.
2/3 pairing however is really tough.
Queen is just so awesome a group... but Under Pressure is a colab with Bowie so not technically a Queen tune....
The Clash is also great... and Should I Stay or Should I Go was a personal anthem.....
:pullhair:
Quote from: mirth on June 25, 2017, 08:55:11 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 25, 2017, 08:46:21 PM
The technical skill of the trio is outstanding. The way they make music is just awesome. If that makes me an apologist, then guilty as charged. What do you love enough to be an apologist for?
They're hacks who make bland music. I don't care if you apologize for them or not.
Deflect all you like. You still didn't answer my question.
Quote from: MetalDog on June 25, 2017, 09:37:20 PM
Quote from: mirth on June 25, 2017, 08:55:11 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 25, 2017, 08:46:21 PM
The technical skill of the trio is outstanding. The way they make music is just awesome. If that makes me an apologist, then guilty as charged. What do you love enough to be an apologist for?
They're hacks who make bland music. I don't care if you apologize for them or not.
Deflect all you like. You still didn't answer my question.
Their technical skill is awesome and their so precise. What you hear on the record is what you get in concert, of course Geddy's voice has changed a bit over the years.
As far as the bracket, I've always appreciated Prince's talent but not too many of his songs, so Golden Earring for me. 2/3 was just a bit harder :pullhair: went with Queen but it was close.