I'm looking for an RPG mapping software that can print black and white maps. I'm initially using this for Call of Cthulhu. I need to be able to map building interiors, streets with buildings and eventually some wilderness/caves.
The ability to print in B&W is vital. 3D would be a bug to me, not a feature.
Suggestions? Especially if you have used the software.
The default gold standard has always been Campaign Cartographer, but IIRC, Inkscape has some ability to do basic building / interior layouts. Not sure what they have available for other maps.
I'm asking in one of the RPG groups I hang out with.
Hexographer (http://www.hexographer.com/) is good. You can create your own icons sets and there are a lot available online. You can try it for free.
Pyromancers has two products. A free online web based program dungeon painter: http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/ I've used this one to make maps for Fantasy Grounds games. And a new pay program available on Steam for $15: http://store.steampowered.com/app/592260/Dungeon_Painter_Studio/ I'm going to be getting this one because its way more affordable than the other options and it should get good support from the developers and community.
This site offer several java based programs to make things like tokens and maps for online use too. http://www.rptools.net/
Hexographer?
Quote from: Bison on June 26, 2017, 10:17:00 AM
Pyromancers has two products. A free online web based program dungeon painter: http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/ I've used this one to make maps for Fantasy Grounds games. And a new pay program available on Steam for $15: http://store.steampowered.com/app/592260/Dungeon_Painter_Studio/ I'm going to be getting this one because its way more affordable than the other options and it should get good support from the developers and community.
Dungeon Painter is one of the ones I've been leaning towards. Have you tried it yet? Know anyone who has?
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 26, 2017, 09:56:21 AM
The default gold standard has always been Campaign Cartographer, but IIRC, Inkscape has some ability to do basic building / interior layouts. Not sure what they have available for other maps.
Totally concur that this is awesome software. But getting the three pieces of software to do what I would like would run me $99 which is more than I want to spend for something that is not a revenue stream for a business.
Quote from: airboy on June 26, 2017, 11:45:32 AM
Quote from: Bison on June 26, 2017, 10:17:00 AM
Pyromancers has two products. A free online web based program dungeon painter: http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/ I've used this one to make maps for Fantasy Grounds games. And a new pay program available on Steam for $15: http://store.steampowered.com/app/592260/Dungeon_Painter_Studio/ I'm going to be getting this one because its way more affordable than the other options and it should get good support from the developers and community.
Dungeon Painter is one of the ones I've been leaning towards. Have you tried it yet? Know anyone who has?
I have used the web based version and it works very well for what it is. The classic blue or black map iconography is really nice. I have never t tried the pay version yet, but I'll be picking it up. I've made a bunch of maps for Fantasy Grounds. They aren't the best, but they are very functional and it's free.