First time ever! Public tours of the Zheng He today but I didn't make it. :(
http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/111374-halifax-hails-chinese-navy (http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/111374-halifax-hails-chinese-navy)
"The showing (by the Chinese community) was immense and very energetic, Stansfield said. "They had flags out and were singing their national anthem."
Not surprising. It's nice to have a friendly visit but singing their anthem is a bit much.
I just hope that they are not measuring for curtains...... 8)
I think a lot of evening ladies will be eating Chinese tonight
Quote from: Windigo on June 27, 2012, 04:26:20 PM
I think a lot of evening ladies will be eating Chinese tonight
SNORT.....the list of possible cliche's that could be inserted here boggle the mind.....
don't be a colour comentator.... play the game.... or are you yellow?
Some of them are just too obvious, like "but they will be hungry again in an hour". Then you can always talk about Chinese noodles too.....
The local "organization" knows when to ebb and flow the tide of companionship, so to speak. I don't know if one Chinese ship would make much of a dent in the tide.
But it wouldn't surprise me if, 9 months from now, there are a few more welfare dependents with names more commonly known as menu items.
^yowzer! LOL ;D
Quote
Not surprising. It's nice to have a friendly visit but singing their anthem is a bit much.
a friendly? o'rly....
Jack Paar to Buddy Hackett: "What do you think about Red China?"
"Well, it would be good on a yellow tablecloth."
so how much heroin is now on the streets of Halifax?
Hard to tell between all the frickin' bullets flying around !
port cities... gotta love em.