Save US a slice of cake and a couple of beers, you hosers!
Happy birthday fellers.
I'll have a couple of Canadian Mist and Canada Dry's for you Northern Brothers of another Mother. Happy B. Day. :clap:
Thanks eh!
Tomorrow on The Hill is going to be insane. They're expecting at least 500,000 people. :o I'm not going anywhere near that. Gonna sit in my backyard and watch the Snowbirds form up before they do a flyby of Parliament at noon. Should be good a blasted by the time fireworks show at 10 pm, which I'll watch, dry, on my big screen.
(https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1503/3388/t/2/assets/slide_1.jpg?2728779803219344021)
You Canadians should go back to your hoos and read aboot some military gaming today, eh?
Happy Birthday to our pacifistic neighbors...not the French Canadians though. F*ck those guys.
(https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-02/27/15/enhanced/webdr03/anigif_enhanced-24921-1425067694-5.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto) (https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-02/27/15/enhanced/webdr11/anigif_enhanced-25494-1425068510-20.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto) (https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-02/27/14/enhanced/webdr03/anigif_enhanced-22159-1425066934-15.gif)
Quote from: BC on June 30, 2017, 11:03:49 AM
not the French Canadians though. F*ck those guys.
Hey! >:(
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/66/01/85/66018583041cc705ebb95b75376bde20.jpg)
That sounds pretty awesome Barth.
I wonder what sort of celebratory socks the PM will wear...
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2F60%2F60b8433b70f6d36d428aa1ee593bdef2b2a3b6b0332ba4f131b640e2aafe76dd.jpg&hash=7949ef5869239247988b978a4839349f59ae918e)
Canada and Nebraska are the same age. Still not old enough to know better.
I will claim we have the better deal here in Nebraska. We've arranged a solar eclipse for the celebration.
Any place that brought us William Shatner, Barthheart and Windy can't be all bad.
Enjoy the Snowbirds! I've yet to have a chance to see them perform. Someday, I hope.
https://twitter.com/RCAF_ARC/status/880518740898611200
^THAT is pretty cool!
Happy birthday, Canada!
Damn! That's a pretty airplane! :smitten:
The Lanc is a beautiful creature
Happy 150th Canada!
Happy Canada Day! <:-)
Happy Canada Day.
Happy Canada Day, cousins <:-)
It's been raining here I Ottawa for feels like a month.... :P so the Snowbirds were canceled as they usually fly at noon and it was pouring then.
About 2pm I was out draining about 4" of water off the pool so we can swim tomorrow with the 9 BBQ guests we're haosting. Sudden loud roaring from the sky! I run out in the street to see the Lanc flying over my neighbourhood at about 300 ft! What a sight! <:-)
About the only benefit of living so close to the airport.
Now it's raining again. :P
Nice that you saw the Lanc :bd:
So the skies cleared again, big blue patches, so my wife and I deside we better take advantage and walk the dogs. Couple of blocks from home and suddenly there's the Snowbirds, in formation, at above 300 ft again sceeming over the roof tops of the neighbourhood! Putting out smoke streamers for all the gawkers like us.
:bd:
Glad they get to make a show over the hill... wouldn't be Canada Day without them.
We get F-16s overhead here all the time...haven't actually seen an F-35 yet but I've heard something occasionally a helluva lot louder than a '16. No idea if that was it or not.
Glad it isn't just here where the weather sucks. ::)
Weather aside, a decent day so far. I'm already...uhhh...'several' beers in to the day.
Quote from: Arctic Blast on July 01, 2017, 06:38:12 PM
Glad it isn't just here where the weather sucks. ::)
Weather aside, a decent day so far. I'm already...uhhh...'several' beers in to the day.
Canadian beers?
Quote from: bbmike on July 01, 2017, 06:42:02 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on July 01, 2017, 06:38:12 PM
Glad it isn't just here where the weather sucks. ::)
Weather aside, a decent day so far. I'm already...uhhh...'several' beers in to the day.
Canadian beers?
Indeed! Half a dozen from a Bad Tattoo Brewing taster's dozen and a couple of Phillips Blue Buck. So far. O0
Kilt Lifter beer'll make ya change yer mind on tha', laddie.
Here in Fla., the mosquitoes fly in formation. They suck!
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 01, 2017, 04:02:16 PM
We get F-16s overhead here all the time...haven't actually seen an F-35 yet but I've heard something occasionally a helluva lot louder than a '16. No idea if that was it or not.
probably your wife farting. O:-)
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 02, 2017, 02:36:55 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 01, 2017, 04:02:16 PM
We get F-16s overhead here all the time...haven't actually seen an F-35 yet but I've heard something occasionally a helluva lot louder than a '16. No idea if that was it or not.
probably your wife farting. O:-)
Little chance of that!
More likely it's me...heh-heh.
Happy Bday Canada.
My wife (Toronto born) and I were in London in Trafalgar Square this last Saturday and there was a HUGE crowd for the celebration.
Lancaster is the second sexiest bomber! First, of course, is the Ju.88 O0
Here in Seattle during the Seafair airshow we see lots of neat planes. Last summer a F-22 and a P-51 flew overhead our house. They were maybe a couple hundred yards right over our house. Needless to say I regressed to a 6 years in seconds! O0
Quote from: Barthheart on July 03, 2017, 08:48:01 PM
Very cool! O0
That
is cool- I've never seen Fire Ants do that before!
Wow! There must be nothing at all to do in Canada in summer huh? :P
Happy Birthday!
But what is it about the giant yellow floating bathroom toy that was on the front page of the Wall St. Journal?
See: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontario-conservatives-criticize-plans-for-giant-rubber-duck-attraction/article35149010/
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgrogheads.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D19926.0%3Battach%3D10989&hash=76675b85b95767e8980ed832842789da7f9e2065)
The Provincial government spent a huge amount (>$100,000) of tax dollars to purchase that Duck. It has nothing to do with Canada, the province of Ontario, or anything even remotely to do with our celebration this weekend. Complete waste of money. Which is sadly very typical of this current provincial government.... ::)
Did Canada apologize for the noise after that fireworks display? ;)
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 03, 2017, 09:10:55 PM
That is cool- I've never seen Fire Ants do that before!
:DD