GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on July 01, 2017, 02:32:52 PM

Title: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 01, 2017, 02:32:52 PM
Ok...it's the Print and Play version - so not a "proper" unboxing...but still, I do have a box containing the components now

The "box"
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4112/35267578440_0d7be04435_h.jpg)

The contents
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4090/35267577860_c10d11d59a_h.jpg)

The admin cards
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4135/35267576840_c6186e26e6_h.jpg)

Bags of counters
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4242/35267575960_a7de1e0f4c_h.jpg)

The terrain tiles
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4281/35654797115_92953ee4fc_h.jpg)

A German and US company
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4257/34813647254_39d16a02f9_h.jpg)

Various admin and weapon counters
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4257/34813645034_36b793b420_h.jpg)

The manual
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4216/35486082482_ad3b989d7f_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4217/35267573060_66e3eda24b_h.jpg)

Quick Reference Card
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4134/35486080702_fb27e3fde6_h.jpg)

Mission cards
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4230/35654790775_37960bc9e9_h.jpg)

Mission 1 setup
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4266/35486080482_38656ed1c5_h.jpg)

And there it is.

I'm not going to play it yet. I have Rebellion on the go with my daughter and once we've finished that, I'll be setting up IAF Leader - I pre-ordered that 2 years ago or more so I've waited a long time for it.
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: bbmike on July 01, 2017, 02:34:28 PM
Wow, good job!  O0
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: bayonetbrant on July 01, 2017, 02:46:49 PM
Looks great!
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Barthheart on July 01, 2017, 02:48:01 PM
Well done JD!
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Richie61 on July 01, 2017, 11:22:21 PM
WOW! Very well done!  :notworthy:
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Staggerwing on July 02, 2017, 06:42:00 AM
Good Work JD!

That binder for the rulebook looks pretty nice. A lot less awkward than a 3-ring binder.
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: bob48 on July 02, 2017, 06:54:36 AM
Nicely done, JD.
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 02, 2017, 08:04:32 AM
Thanks all.

The binder was the best buy at £4.99
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Richie61 on July 02, 2017, 09:48:52 AM
I first saw it on FB.  O0
https://www.facebook.com/HEXESANDSOLDIERSGAMES/
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 02, 2017, 12:13:24 PM
mmm...I never put it on FB. I'm not on FB. Not that I'm bothered.

I presume the creator of the game did so?
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Richie61 on July 02, 2017, 01:46:47 PM
It was the creator. Per his post: "JudgeDredd from Grogheads posted some pics of his completed print n play construction of Advanced Platoon Leader." with a link here. Free PR  :)
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Staggerwing on July 02, 2017, 02:12:59 PM
That's it Judge-  for today you are the Face of Grogheads. Better go put on a clean shirt...
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 02, 2017, 03:55:20 PM
Quote from: Richie61 on July 02, 2017, 01:46:47 PM
It was the creator. Per his post: "JudgeDredd from Grogheads posted some pics of his completed print n play construction of Advanced Platoon Leader." with a link here. Free PR  :)
Ah. I don't have FB so when I go there, there's a big "Sign In" page and you can't see much
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 02, 2017, 04:25:40 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 02, 2017, 02:12:59 PM
That's it Judge-  for today you are the Face of Grogheads. Better go put on a clean shirt...
No clean shirts. Will this do?
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4258/35509724312_193f2b9ab1_b.jpg)

That was me on my way to Scotland in Colchester a couple of weeks ago - listening to The Pipes!
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Staggerwing on July 02, 2017, 04:40:37 PM
LOL- how long till that pic shows up on FB?
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 02, 2017, 04:42:42 PM
lol - hopefully never!
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Richie61 on July 02, 2017, 08:07:13 PM
The Internet knows all   :P

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.newsday.com%2Fpolopoly_fs%2F1.13050034.1485999746%21%2FhttpImage%2Fimage.jpg_gen%2Fderivatives%2Ffeature_640%2Fimage.jpg&hash=d80bc765998d95d554269b297db0f8b3056e1aca)
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: BanzaiCat on July 14, 2017, 03:44:34 PM
I just started printing out the components (was trying to figure out the best and most economical way to do it). I settled on some photo-type paper for the terrain tiles and full-sized shipping labels for the counters. Also printed the tracks on three photo-type paper pages.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi65.tinypic.com%2F28iwykl.jpg&hash=eb28d72bfbf1e69a4051a77e2cca772a9d76d471)

The photo paper works pretty well, for my purposes anyway (review and coverage). The counters, I wanted to be more sturdy, so I'm going to take the back off of some paper pads and use that cardboard to stick 'em to.

Now I'm not too keen on my scissor-fu, so this should come out pretty messy, unless I really take my time, which I don't have a lot of. Lol #firstworldgamerproblems

Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: GJK on July 17, 2017, 07:57:20 PM
Get some chipboard at Hobby Lobby/Michaels and a heavy duty rotary cutter (I believe I got a 45mm...yes, yes, "that's what she said!").  You'll be much more pleased with the results.
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Staggerwing on July 17, 2017, 08:16:59 PM
+10 on the rotary cutter. I got a fiskars cutter this year and if you combine one of those with a big metal ruler you will be loaded for bear!
Title: Re: Advanced Platoon Leader - Unboxing
Post by: Barthheart on July 17, 2017, 08:47:58 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 17, 2017, 08:16:59 PM
+10 on the rotary cutter. I got a fiskars cutter this year and if you combine one of those with a big metal ruler you will be loaded for bear!

What he said.  O0