(https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/19748597_10110103149823685_381833788341610123_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=4108bf852ec1f4aa6847c9e9733f9089&oe=59D484BB)
Be 6,800 ft underground.
Stand between a mother black bear and her cub in the Alaska wilderness. And no, it wasn't on purpose.
Crewed for and flown in a hot air balloon.
Flew a T-6 Texan.
Preformed chest compressions four times on four different people within four hours. Each session was at least 20-30 minutes, although BC may have had a similar experience during his EMS career.
Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 04, 2017, 11:39:43 AM
Crewed for and flown in a hot air balloon.
Flew a T-6 Texan.
I got to take the controls of a Republic RC-3 SeaBee a few times while when I was around 12-13 years old:
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/RepublicRC-3SeabeeC-GHOU05.jpg)
Had sex in the middle of my driveway. Standing up. In broad daylight. With all our clothes on.
Taped MetalDog having sex in his driveway standing-up in broad daylight. :hide: How about this one? Went to Miami International Airport and found ANOTHER person there who spoke English. :o And then actually managed to get out alive. :wow: Or maybe. Delivered over a dozen litters of Pug puppies. :clap:
Quote from: MetalDog on July 04, 2017, 12:12:48 PM
Had sex in the middle of my driveway. Standing up. In broad daylight. With all our clothes on.
I'm starting to wonder if you really know how all that works... ??? ;)
Quote from: MetalDog on July 04, 2017, 12:12:48 PM
Had sex in the middle of my driveway. Standing up. In broad daylight. With all our clothes on.
And by Driveway I meant Prison Yard
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 04, 2017, 01:33:54 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 04, 2017, 12:12:48 PM
Had sex in the middle of my driveway. Standing up. In broad daylight. With all our clothes on.
I'm starting to wonder if you really know how all that works... ??? ;)
It worked out quite fine, thank you. Anybody else you know that did that? No? Then I fit the OP.
Quote from: Con on July 04, 2017, 01:55:19 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 04, 2017, 12:12:48 PM
Had sex in the middle of my driveway. Standing up. In broad daylight. With all our clothes on.
And by Driveway I meant Prison Yard
;D ;D ;D
Won first place in a sabre fencing tournament. (Admittedly, a small tourney, 8 fighters as I recall.)
At 17, while two good friends kept a lookout I super-glued the locks to every classroom on the math hall the day of finals.
Pretty sure the statute of limitations has passed on that one ::)
Sat behind stage and chatted to Black Sabbath at a gig, not long after they came back from their first US tour.
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 04, 2017, 12:08:35 PM
Preformed chest compressions four times on four different people within four hours. Each session was at least 20-30 minutes, although BC may have had a similar experience during his EMS career.
Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 04, 2017, 11:39:43 AM
Crewed for and flown in a hot air balloon.
Flew a T-6 Texan.
I got to take the controls of a Republic RC-3 SeaBee a few times while when I was around 12-13 years old:
(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/RepublicRC-3SeabeeC-GHOU05.jpg)
That is a cool airplane!
My dad owned it (not the one in the pic, a different one) for a few years but eventually sold it when it became too expensive to maintain (it was built in the mid 40's). The front right half of the cabin was a giant door for dockside boarding and were two yokes, the right one being easily detachable so folks could climb in and out through the aforementioned door.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.republicseabee.com%2FImages%2Fpoel6.jpg&hash=d60549ab1ccd306ac4b1470ca412757d19002003)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.passion-aviation.qc.ca%2Fimages%2Frallye07%2Fn6386k.jpg&hash=563e0abb0147eb223d7a35377271f15b0f364015)
I am pretty sure 007 flew one in "The Man With the Golden Gun".
Stood 2 "balls to eight" (midnight to 8AM) watches on the highest point of the island of an aircraft carrier (CV-62 USS Independence) approximately 200 miles off the coast of North Carolina in the middle of winter when the big dipper took up half the sky. :dreamer: The moon was close to full, and illuminated our wake for miles. (F'ing frigid cold and windy, but I will remember it for as long as I live)
Flew up and down the Hudson river, right at the level of the roofs of World Trade Center towers (1300 or so ft), about 3-4 years before 9-11, including 2 circles of Lady Liberty.
Spent a day in a house (mine) with agent Scully.
Quote from: Ubercat on July 04, 2017, 09:46:47 PM
Stood 2 "balls to eight" (midnight to 8AM) watches on the highest point of the island of an aircraft carrier (CV-62 USS Independence) approximately 200 miles off the coast of North Carolina in the middle of winter when the big dipper took up half the sky. :dreamer: The moon was close to full, and illuminated our wake for miles. (F'ing frigid cold and windy, but I will remember it for as long as I live)
Flew up and down the Hudson river, right at the level of the roofs of World Trade Center towers (1300 or so ft), about 3-4 years before 9-11, including 2 circles of Lady Liberty.
Spent a day in a house (mine) with agent Scully.
You realize you can't just drop that one there and walk away. Right?
OMG, You just made me LOL. Good thing I've finished my last drink for the evening or I'd have spewed it on the KB.
I told the story before, here and on the wargamer. (site that shall not be named) JGillian Anderson's first boyfriend was an uncle of mine and the two of them drove across Michigan from Ann Arbor Grand Rapids and spent a day at our house in Flint in the summer of '83 when we were both 15 (uncle was 25 at the time(statute of limitations for statutory rape has long since expired)).
He cheated on her and the relationship didn't last very long after she caught him. If things had played out differently, she might have ended up being my aunt (same age even!!).
Edit: I must have had Ann Arbor on the brain when I first posted this. They drove from Grand Rapids, which coincidentally is the home town of my wife, though we never met until we were both living in PA. I also mispelled Gills name. It's G, not J.
Quote from: Ubercat on July 04, 2017, 10:42:56 PM
OMG, You just made me LOL. Good thing I've finished my last drink for the evening or I'd have spewed it on the KB.
I told the story before, here and on the wargamer. (site that shall not be named) Jillian Anderson's first boyfriend was an uncle of mine and the two of them drove across Michigan from Ann Arbor and spent a day at our house in Flint in the summer of '83 when we were both 15 (uncle was 25 at the time(statute of limitations for statutory rape has long since expired)).
He cheated on her and the relationship didn't last very long after she caught him. If things had played out differently, she might have ended up being my aunt (same age even!!).
The question is, why didn't you pick her up instead? :P
Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 04, 2017, 08:57:44 PM
I am pretty sure 007 flew one in "The Man With the Golden Gun".
You are correct. My family went to see the movie in the theater and when the baddie blew up the Seabee with his giant ray gun my dad yelled 'Nooo!!' and startled a bunch of nearby folks. :))
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 05, 2017, 05:29:40 AM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 04, 2017, 08:57:44 PM
I am pretty sure 007 flew one in "The Man With the Golden Gun".
You are correct. My family went to see the movie in the theater and when the baddie blew up the Seabee with his giant ray gun my dad yelled 'Nooo!!' and startled a bunch of nearby folks. :))
I think I like your dad. :notworthy:
Quote from: Tpek on July 05, 2017, 02:35:39 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on July 04, 2017, 10:42:56 PM
OMG, You just made me LOL. Good thing I've finished my last drink for the evening or I'd have spewed it on the KB.
I told the story before, here and on the wargamer. (site that shall not be named) Jillian Anderson's first boyfriend was an uncle of mine and the two of them drove across Michigan from Ann Arbor and spent a day at our house in Flint in the summer of '83 when we were both 15 (uncle was 25 at the time(statute of limitations for statutory rape has long since expired)).
He cheated on her and the relationship didn't last very long after she caught him. If things had played out differently, she might have ended up being my aunt (same age even!!).
The question is, why didn't you pick her up instead? :P
Tee hee, have you ever seen a 15 year old girl with a 15 year old boyfriend? They want older boys, although 25 is a bit extreme. At that point in my life, I'd lived in Michigan, California, Arkansas, and been to Ontario and Florida a few times. The height of my ambition was to find the perfect WW2 wargame. I needed 2 more years before I was eligible to get a girlfriend (and that's how long it took)
Gill, OTOH had lived in England and the US, been around Europe and I don't know where else. My uncle was lead singer in a punk band and had that lifestyle to share with her (while I was badly singing along to Led Zeppelin). All I had to offer her was my moms basement. :DD Which was literally where my room was.
Quote from: Ubercat on July 05, 2017, 09:19:20 AM
Tee hee, have you ever seen a 15 year old girl with a 15 year old boyfriend? They want older boys, although 25 is a bit extreme. At that point in my life, I'd lived in Michigan, California, Arkansas, and been to Ontario and Florida a few times. The height of my ambition was to find the perfect WW2 wargame. I needed 2 more years before I was eligible to get a girlfriend (and that's how long it took)
Gill, OTOH had lived in England and the US, been around Europe and I don't know where else. My uncle was lead singer in a punk band and had that lifestyle to share with her (while I was badly singing along to Led Zeppelin). All I had to offer her was my moms basement. :DD Which was literally where my room was.
All I hear (or read) are excuses :P
^ This
:P
I don't know what you just posted, MD. All I see is your emoji at the bottom. Have some trouble with the bandits at Photobucket?
I'm sure that many more grogs have cool stories and I'm disappointed that this thread appears to have died. Perhaps the thread title isn't descriptive enough to draw more interest?
I just learned from my mother that my uncle Ralph (Gills ex) died a month or two ago. He had serious health issues that finally caught up to him. That's kind of prompted me to relate a story that ties my second and third experiences (above) together.
About 2 weeks before that flight up the Hudson, Ralph took a trip to New York to visit his next younger brother who was living in Manhattan at the time. Ralph went with his wife and their first kid. I found out about the trip ahead of time so I took Amtrak up from Philly to spend a Saturday with my 2 uncles. We did all the touristy things: rode the subway, took the Staten Island Ferry, ate in a trendy restaurant with indoor water fountain, etc.
X-Files was at it's height at that point. The subway platform had columns every 15-20 ft or so and every one had a big X-Files poster with Gil's face prominent and probably 3 ft high. My other uncle and I were :-X, but I was watching Ralph out of the corner of my eye to see how he'd react. He kept his head down and pretended not to notice but I could practically hear him grinding his teeth! :DD What could he say anyway, with his wife right there?
Yes, I know it might seem cruel, now, to laugh about the subway story but you have to admit that it's pretty funny! (and ironic) I feel bad for his 2 sons. Fortunately they're both grown now and independent.
Good topic bayo,
1/. drank the sour-TOE cocktail in the Dawson Downtown Hotel, Yukon Territory.
2/. Skree skied down a mountainside
3/. Had sex on my desk during working hours with my manager.
Quote from: Windigo on July 27, 2017, 03:44:31 PM
3/. Had sex on my desk during working hours with my manager.
Gus is working on it
Was THIS close last week.
Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2017, 06:54:25 PM
Was THIS close last week.
Being a visual kinda guy and not familiar with the "THIS" system of measurement, how much distance is in a "THIS"? Approximately a banana length? A F150 supercab distance?
Help.
Performed an open-chest massage (had my hands on someone's heart - once, it's really rare, and not an experience I'd ever care to repeat)
Been on camera with Dave Maldonado in a series (playing his best friend; unfortunately the series never took off) (Dave was the rig captain in the movie Deepwater Horizon)
Played the deputy sheriff in the MANOS prequel, MANOS: The Rise of Torgo (https://youtu.be/m-FeiAD_0QA) (I'm at 0:51-0:54 in the trailer, on the right)
Been in a furniture commercial
Sailed around the Florida Keys for a week on a 30-foot open 'pulling boat' (which means you row when there isn't enough wind for sailing). Laid the oars across gunwales at night and slept on top of them.
Remember me 'mooning' you as you went by? That was funny. :DD
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 28, 2017, 10:59:52 AM
Been in a furniture commercial
I was in a shotgun commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSRgRpLRLFQ
that's pretty cool, TR :)
Cooler than a furniture commercial, that's for sure.