GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Greybriar on July 07, 2017, 01:01:47 PM

Title: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Greybriar on July 07, 2017, 01:01:47 PM
Just found out about this bit of news and thought I'd pass it on. Read more about it at PC Gamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-interactive-rolls-back-its-price-increases-will-give-refunds-to-purchasers/) or Gamer News Daily (https://gamernewsdaily.com/paradox-offers-free-games-to-compensate-for-bungled-price-increase/). The news is out practically everywhere PC gamers frequent.
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Pete Dero on July 07, 2017, 01:11:16 PM
If you bought a Paradox game between 17th May and 6th July in any currency other than US dollars, you can get a free game or two DLCs.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-07-paradox-offers-free-game-or-two-dlcs-after-price-hike-kerfuffle
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: fabius on July 07, 2017, 03:55:48 PM
Thanks, I didn't notice this on the pdox pages.

I bough Steel Div, so now have a dilemma:
Stellaris or
DLC for Hoi
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: jomni on July 07, 2017, 05:13:37 PM
How do you know if entitled and how to redeem?
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Destraex on July 07, 2017, 10:21:15 PM
Yes. How do you know? I potentially purchased things but don't remember exactly when... I know I can check. But I have the weekend to enjoy!
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Hofstadter on July 08, 2017, 12:11:50 AM
I purchased Steel division within that timeframe, though I dont think the price change affected australians
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: fabius on July 08, 2017, 12:52:48 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on July 08, 2017, 12:11:50 AM
I purchased Steel division within that timeframe, though I dont think the price change affected australians

No but that Pdox page says if we bought it in anything but US dollars in that time frame
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Yskonyn on July 08, 2017, 07:02:24 AM
Detailed instructions here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/#post-23049884
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: sandman2575 on July 08, 2017, 08:27:47 AM
Quote from: fabius on July 07, 2017, 03:55:48 PM
Thanks, I didn't notice this on the pdox pages.

I bough Steel Div, so now have a dilemma:
Stellaris or
DLC for Hoi

Stellaris hands down. DLC for HOI4 is 'highly optional' at best... 'highly disappointing' and 'missed opportunities' is how I'd describe it, less objectively.
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: fabius on July 08, 2017, 11:05:03 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on July 08, 2017, 08:27:47 AM
Quote from: fabius on July 07, 2017, 03:55:48 PM
Thanks, I didn't notice this on the pdox pages.

I bough Steel Div, so now have a dilemma:
Stellaris or
DLC for Hoi

Stellaris hands down. DLC for HOI4 is 'highly optional' at best... 'highly disappointing' and 'missed opportunities' is how I'd describe it, less objectively.

Have some weird logic going on:

I play Hoi4 a lot. But I don't play Stellaris  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: sandman2575 on July 08, 2017, 01:42:20 PM
I thought you meant buy Stellaris (base game) vs. DLC for HOI4.

I play tons more HOI4 than Stellaris, but Stellaris is still terrific and very much worth playing if you haven't yet. HOI4 DLC has been very disappointing to me -- really just new focus trees for nations I never play. I'm not one to harp on Pdox's DLC practices -- in general I think Pdox offers great DLC -- but the 2 HOI4 modules are simply overpriced for what they offer.
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: fabius on July 08, 2017, 02:52:39 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on July 08, 2017, 01:42:20 PM
I thought you meant buy Stellaris (base game) vs. DLC for HOI4.

I play tons more HOI4 than Stellaris, but Stellaris is still terrific and very much worth playing if you haven't yet. HOI4 DLC has been very disappointing to me -- really just new focus trees for nations I never play. I'm not one to harp on Pdox's DLC practices -- in general I think Pdox offers great DLC -- but the 2 HOI4 modules are simply overpriced for what they offer.

That's the weird logic- I don't have Stellaris yet.

Agreed DLC has been very light weight and disappointing. I get that they said they wanted to focus on getting base game right but still seem like that team's output is low. That said, nice to see that they have 3 additions to the Hoi team including a 2nd AI guy.
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Destraex on July 08, 2017, 06:38:06 PM
I probably used Paypal on steam which would mean to Paradox, I paid in US dollars. But then.. I guess they would recognise the price I paid. Because it would be above the US price.
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Surtur on July 12, 2017, 10:33:12 AM
Did anyone get a free game yet?
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: MC on July 12, 2017, 11:22:25 AM
Quote from: Surtur on July 12, 2017, 10:33:12 AM
Did anyone get a free game yet?

No, I haven't, especially since I paid in US dollars. I say its Un-American, but maybe that is the point.  :D


GOT:
Robert Baratheon: You're too fat for your armor.
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Ian C on August 01, 2017, 08:49:26 AM
Heard nothing yet. Anyone?
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Yskonyn on August 01, 2017, 03:04:04 PM
Not me, no.
Title: Re: Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase
Post by: Destraex on August 01, 2017, 06:51:03 PM
nope