GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on July 19, 2017, 09:26:07 AM

Title: Poseidon: Project Dark Sky
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 19, 2017, 09:26:07 AM
I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to be and it probably sucks, but it looks like it has cool potential.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/672770/Poseidon__Project_Dark_Sky/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/672770/Poseidon__Project_Dark_Sky/)
Title: Re: Poseidon: Project Dark Sky
Post by: bbmike on July 19, 2017, 09:32:08 AM
Dang, I was hoping this would be a game with Ernest Borgnine and Shelley Winters in it.
Title: Re: Poseidon: Project Dark Sky
Post by: joram on July 19, 2017, 10:19:53 AM
Not for me but whatever floats your boat!
Title: Re: Poseidon: Project Dark Sky
Post by: Greybriar on July 19, 2017, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: joram on July 19, 2017, 10:19:53 AM
Not for me but whatever floats your boat!

After watching this video, I'm with you:

Title: Re: Poseidon: Project Dark Sky
Post by: Destraex on July 19, 2017, 06:09:00 PM
Strange game. British voices on an american ship that acts like mad max on patrol. The game blurb claims " ultra-realistic naval war simulation". Errrrmmm might be a laugh though.
Cannot seem to find where it stipulates single or multi eye.
Title: Re: Poseidon: Project Dark Sky
Post by: Zulu1966 on July 24, 2017, 04:46:53 AM
Quote from: Destraex on July 19, 2017, 06:09:00 PM
Strange game. British voices on an american ship that acts like mad max on patrol. The game blurb claims " ultra-realistic naval war simulation". Errrrmmm might be a laugh though.
Cannot seem to find where it stipulates single or multi eye.

It still puzzles me how the games industry continues to get away with mis-describing their products.  This is quite obviously not realistic at all let alone ultra realistic.

If I was selling a car and said it could fly but it couldn't I would be done for fraud. I understand a little bit of sales hyperbole but there is a point when it's just plain bullshit.