edit
edit
edit
looks cool - show us some more once it's in action :)
edit
There is also the wide range of print & play Solitaire stuff at Berserker Games..
http://www.berserkergames.net/store.html
http://www.berserkergames.net/
More specifically, for what you are looking for right now, the Medieval/Renaissance section.
http://www.berserkergames.net/store.html#!/Ancient-Medieval-Renaissance-Games/c/12246073/
Some of these are on the individual level. But not all. You'd have to read the description for each because he also had some titles on a squad level scale.
While Knights of Arthur is a solitaire adventure game with individual characters. Which is the type of thing you requested:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/161407/knights-arthur-game-knightly-adventure-age-king-ar
For example, the War of the Roses one has small units & leaders portrayed. More like a skirmish-minis solitaire campaign:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/164383/bloody-crown-solitaire-game-wars-roses
The artwork may not be all that great, but his games are worth looking into. I bought his Thud Ridge one awhile back, to check out the mechanics he came up with. Looks pretty good without getting too bogged down in rules. I imagine the solitaire "adventure" ones like Knights of Arthur have a similar style, from the preview rules I saw.
The Adventure ones (featuring individual characters) seem to mostly be the $15 ones, as opposed to the $12 skirmish types. I think there is more stuff in the adventure ones since there are weapons/armor/equipment and opponent cards too.
Being Print & Play, you'll still have to print & cut the stuff.
There are other settings such as Vikings, Samurai, 30 years war, up through WW2 and modern stuff too.
edit