why not invest in fast boats, instead of rail, the benefit is no rail lines needed, so the saving and time to build would be many times better. you could even go underwater,
you could have underwater tubes for pods to move, so no rail lines devastating the land
you'd have to dredge a lot of rivers
what are the environmental impacts?
how many of those rivers have a dam along them somewhere for local water?
I was thinking of going by sea, maybe fast tracked through the river to the sea then a long distance speed journey. you could have lots of small boats , it would make busness travel very interesting like concord did
I don't know how fast a fast boat goes, but it's probably slower than a normal train, and slower than a bullet train. And generally the faster the boat is, the less passengers it can carry.
Boats are also limited to waterways.
Building a craft to go underwater is not easy, and it's not easy to go fast underwater. And carry a bunch of people. And do it anywhere other than the ocean or very large lakes where the water is deep enough.
Most rail lines are already in place, and I don't think they require much maintenance.
Im trying to save the UK spending 100 billion on HR2 , maybe a dedicated airport just for the areas used by HR2 would be cheaper than HR2, but I was kinda thinking 100 billion spent on boat desighn would get you a lot of research for speed.
I bet it would be a lot of fun for fleets of fast busness class boats to carry you to meetings, I'm sure Id look forward to my day if I were a traveling executive
you could have plains towing boats! wow that would be fast. see what 100 billion could buy
My boat can do almost 40mph. :(
wow that nearly business class speed, you could tow the plains :)
The above the fruited plains.