GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Tech Talk => Topic started by: Toonces on July 27, 2017, 04:29:24 PM

Title: Magzter?
Post by: Toonces on July 27, 2017, 04:29:24 PM
https://www.magzter.com/

So I was looking for an online version of a magazine and came across a link to this site.  It says for $50/year you get unlimited access to 4,000 magazines (digitally), presumably using their app.  Normal magazines like Men's Health, Sports Illustrated, Vanity Fair, etc.

Has anybody used this service?  For $60 you can add three family members, which would be nice as my wife likes a lot of those workout magazines. 
Title: Re: Magzter?
Post by: Gusington on July 27, 2017, 04:36:30 PM
Star would like to know if Goateer is available.
Title: Re: Magzter?
Post by: Toonces on July 27, 2017, 04:43:45 PM
Not sure.  It's not under Men's Interest, but apparently every other U.S. (and international!) skin magazine is.

Of course, I only read them for the articles.   8)
Title: Re: Magzter?
Post by: Toonces on July 27, 2017, 04:44:45 PM
I might give it a shot.  Just browsing like 3 magazines I'd like to subscribe to, they appear to be available with the Gold membership.
Title: Re: Magzter?
Post by: Toonces on July 27, 2017, 04:55:50 PM
I might end up being the guinea pig on this.  I'll give it till tomorrow, but unless I hear something strongly negative I think I'm going to sign up.  A subscription to just 3 of the magazines I want will cost more than $60 a year.  (Freedive Magazine, Stand Up Journal, Men's Fitness)
Title: Re: Magzter?
Post by: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2017, 06:45:50 PM
I haven't heard of it; just wondering how legit it is, but I'm more than willing to let you be the guinea pig ;)
Title: Re: Magzter?
Post by: Gusington on July 27, 2017, 06:53:59 PM
Don't take the plunge unless they throw in three years of Chunky Butts.
Title: Re: Magzter?
Post by: mirth on July 27, 2017, 07:21:37 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 27, 2017, 06:45:50 PM
I haven't heard of it; just wondering how legit it is, but I'm more than willing to let you be the guinea pig ;)

Looks legit - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magzter

I'm guessing you see a lot of ads.