North & South poles are cold because of there contact with icy space, the magnetic fields allow icy space to freeze them, you can see the same effect on mars or other planets in contact with space.
so why am I saying this, because the global warming theory may be wrong, the poles believe it or nor move, and over millions of years be a long way from where they started. so as they move ice melts and breaks off, diffrrent parts of the planet are hotter, and other parts are colder, causing floods etc..
they have found animal fossels in parts of the world they should not be, this indicates the poles move drastically.
:o
In prehisric times there was no grass because of volcanic ash, most of the planet was buring with volcanoes much more than cars do, but dinasours still lived and ate leaves etc...
the magnetic poles, not the axis poles are what lets space touch the earth, but they may be moving like elastic bands or something(this is theory) someone should keep watch to see if movement of the magnetic poles conisides with events
Quote from: gameleaper on July 27, 2017, 10:41:20 PM
North & South poles are cold because of there contact with icy space, the magnetic fields allow icy space to freeze them, you can see the same effect on mars or other planets in contact with space.
so why am I saying this, because the global warming theory may be wrong, the poles believe it or nor move, and over millions of years be a long way from where they started. so as they move ice melts and breaks off, diffrrent parts of the planet are hotter, and other parts are colder, causing floods etc..
they have found animal fossels in parts of the world they should not be, this indicates the poles move drastically.
No part of earth is in contact with space ! There is also an atmosphere at the poles. It is cold there because the sun rays generate less heat (suns lower position over the horizon).
The poles didn't move over time, the tilt of the planet did change and is still changing (in a few thousand years the pole star won't be near the pole anymore).
This tilt also makes it warmer in summer and colder in winter (and not polar movement !) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_tilt
I suggest reading something like Sky & Telescope to find out where you are wrong. (http://www.skyandtelescope.com/) Reading Trump's library was probably a mistake >:D.
I'm very sorry, but I have to disagree, some books and scientests will agree with you, some I have seen tell what I'm saying,
eg: if what your saying is correct about the sun being farther away from the centre why is a further away planet not all ice as the whole planet is further away than our poles? its because the magnetic field shields it except at the poles where the atmosphere is thinnest because its at a pole.
I'm sure you cant be convinced, but please don't tell me I'm wrong because you belive something else,
mars has very little atmosphere and its father away than earth, so why is the poles only frozen, because the magnetic field pole winds in at the pole, the cold of space has more effect there, have you seen what a magnetic field looks like, do you know gravity that holds the atmosphere is magnetic.
a closed mind cant fathom space.
Quote from: gameleaper on July 28, 2017, 03:22:40 AM
eg: if what your saying is correct about the sun being farther away from the centre why is a further away planet not all ice as the whole planet is further away than our poles?
That is not what I said. The sun rays have to travel more through the atmosphere and at a lower angle to reach the poles and generates less heat doing so.
This is the same effect you have during a normal day. In the morning and evening the sun generates less heat than at noon, when it is at is highest point in the sky.
At mars not only the poles are cold. On average, the temperature on Mars is about minus 80 degrees F (minus 60 degrees C). In winter, near the poles temperatures can get down to minus 195 degrees F (minus 125 degrees C).
To have ice you need a liquid and that is only available in very little quantities on Mars. That is the reason Mars and the moon aren't covered in ice.
Objects covered in ice do exist : e.g. Jupiter's moon Europe. https://www.space.com/15498-europa-sdcmp.html
ice was the wrong word, I should of said frozen, in space everything is frozen, mars has frozen caps at its poles, your right about the angle of the sun missing the poles, but there are two things that keep us from the frozen temp of space , the SUN & the atmosphere, and what you say is right but also the atmosphere is thinnest at the poles because of the magnetic fields winding in, this allows space to chill the poles of all atmosphere planets.
I don't know everything, in fact not a lot, but some things I believe to be right more than others because I understand magnatsm and gravity, don't believe everthing your supposed to believe, I don't want a toxic planet, I don't like diesel, but I also know the truth
super simple to settle this, just let anybody find if mars has frozen poles :)
http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/mars123.php
I hate to say it, but above link says ice and frozen, I am supprised about water, but its definatly frozen like I said. the thing is the sun dosnt hit the polor regeons, but also the magnetic field winds in, I would say we are both on good ground
http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/antarctic.php?icao=NZSP
at the south pole Amundsen-Scott station the actual barometric pressure reading is 956 hPa!
the ocean of air, called atmosphere, weighting down on our planets surface everywhere generates that pressure.
the poles are cold because the energy deposition by the sun per square meter is so low, compared to areas near the equator.
what you mixed up is that electric charged particles at the magnetic poles are getting concentrated steered into the higher atmosphere where they bounce into the atmosphere compositional molecules generating a nice aurora for you to to see as a prove. :)
if there is no atmosphere at the poles why do all our polar-scientists who are at the moment there don't suffocate in a few seconds ^-^
I also said thinnest at the poles, I don't litraly mean space void,
gravity is magnetic
the poles of a magnet circle in at the poles
atmosphere is held to the planet by gravity
so stands to reason atmosphere is thinner where gravity and magnatism is weakest
the sun does effect the tempreture but so does the magnetic fields.
you know whats strikes me a strange is why the pole ice is fresh water and not salt water . maybe it was a salt asteroid that killed the dinasours :)
Quote from: gameleaper on July 28, 2017, 06:38:34 AM
gravity is magnetic
Can you post a source for this.
Pole ice over land is accumulated snow so it can't be salt water.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2814-earths-magnetic-field-boosts-gravity/
this is the kind of thing.
http://planetsave.com/2012/10/26/the-magnetic-field-and-gravity-from-a-satellite-perspective/
here is something too
If you spin a magnet it generates electromagnetic radiation this radiation carries energy which has mass the source of gravity.
when lava from a volcano hardens, it records the direction of the Earth's magnetism at that time. Geologists, examining ancient lavas, found that at times north and south were interchanged, and for India, it was 90 degrees
Gravity is NOT magnetic!
<deleted>
<defeated>
<dumbfounded>
Farm to the left of the calendar corn sparklers, found in many holes left by the Noghote.
<degenerate>
I know one pole is home to Santa Claus while the other conceals a Jules Verne-like tropical volcanic area where dinosaurs still rule the earth and there are hidden passages which lead to the core of the Earth and that gigantic UFO basestation. Unfortunately I get the two poles mixed up and it would seem important to dress correctly before any visits, all things considered.
It'd really suck to go all that way dressed in your Steampunk Finest and find nothing but some bearded recluse making wooden toys.
:DD :DD :DD
Or going to the wrong pole and shooting Santa with a tranquilizer dart by accident because you were expecting T-Rex.
Yet another list your name would end up on.
Oh, I'm no stranger to the naughty list!
Quote from: Pete Dero on July 28, 2017, 03:02:37 AM
No part of earth is in contact with space !
Mirths sex life is.
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZDDhsZWwAAEaS_.jpg)
For someone who supposedly has a hot girlfriend, you seem overly fixated on my sex life.
well you've been all over every post I've made so I figured why not return the favor.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 02, 2017, 02:01:03 AM
well you've been all over every post I've made so I figured why not return the favor.
Such a bitter man...
yes, you are.
Good one! Personally I would have gone with I'm rubber, you're glue...
If stalking me is what it takes for you to post more regularly, I'm happy for you :bd:
You boys need to just bang each other and get rid of that tension that's been building up for years.
after Gus theres just no tightness left in him.
it's like throwing a tic-tac down a tile hallway.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 05, 2017, 06:54:03 PM
after Gus theres just no tightness left in him.
it's like throwing a tic-tac down a tile hallway.
and if anyone's a first-hand expert on tic-tac-sized parts, it's Star's first-person viewpoint
Gus is a lot taller laying down.